• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Stable] Honorbuddy 1.9.6.2 - Auth / Mount fixes

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Nesox, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Jurmm

Jurmm New Member

Thanks for the update works like a charm.

2. peteyboy23

peteyboy23 Member

You aren't giving the fact that custom classes are "broken" anywhere near enough credence as you should. They are a major part of the bot. It's clear that HB wasn't tested with the current iteration of CCs before it was released, and I have to wonder why. If they changed something in HB that would alter the functionality of CCs, why not notify the CC developers beforehand? I mean, everyone has e-mail, IRC, etc. Why not just a "Hey guys we're planning on releasing changes into HB that may break your CCs. Here are the changes, and here's what you have to do to fix it." Why are these releases just thrown out there, when even a small amount of testing would make these issues blatantly apparent? Then the CC developers are scrambling to figure out what has changed, and to make fixes, and in the meantime HB's customers are sitting there without a working product.

Where's the communication between the developers?!

The entire development and release process is lacking, and anyone with an unbiased perspective would admit that. At least Apoc does:

and:

Again, I wonder why this is allowed to continue? Why aren't all the devs, including major CC devs, and the like including on at least the release schedule?!

3. jawn

jawn Member

I do feel bad that this isn't working for some people. I've seen that my own use of this release has had no problems so far (nothing I haven't had before with previous releases). These problems have, 99% of the time, been a result of connection issues and thus causing conflicts between wow and HB. And this seems to be a simple case of HB not keeping a link with the WoW instance, but by what I read, HB needs to know which instance of WoW to connect to by looking at the toon and if WoW is disconnect then it looses that toon and well ya. Anyways, Some of these problems that everyone is talking about... They DO show up yes, but have you (those getting alot of these) tried the very simple basics of trouble shooting.. like:

1) Closing wow AND HB (making sure its cleared from memory) and restarting both?
      2) rebooting the machine and trying again?

with issues of windows in general this will fix probably 99% of your problems. Might not seem logical but EVERYONE's system is not the same, and as such, EVERYONE's system will react differently. I'm running both the 1.9.6.0 and 1.9.6.2 versions and they are reacting the same, same issues and so on. And yet they both can be fixed with one of the above 2 solutions (alot more #1 then #2).

Auth issue... for those that are still having this issue, goto google or bing and search for free public dns servers. pick a couple of those and put them in your network config under dns servers. Try that as your ISP's dns system might be setup to not always refresh ALL the time. Trust me it does happen.

Skinning Problem... I was a victim of this also, a fresh *CLEAN* install of HB, and cleaning the WoW cache out manually, (and a simple reboot to top it off by my own preference) fixed this problem for the most part. I still get it once in awhile, but i've noticed its cause WoW itself caused it cause of its intermitten spike lag issue. For those that actually know the game of wow will know what i'm talking about. If you notice it prob ably says that the mob was unskinnable and was blacklisted. This will cause HB to ignore that mob type for a period of time when it comes to skinning period. This is an HB shortcomming thats been addressed I beleieve. They simply need to put in a piece of code that will, upon it stating its not skinnable at that time (even though its marked skinnable) will make the blacklist time shorter then normal. But again, its not directly HB's fault this happens, if you watch it do it and remember how WoW spike lags its more the games fault.

CC's not working... with every release there are issues with CC's not working. But i've yet to see any CC not working with .2 release. I've tried priest, dk, and pally so far without problem. When it happens to you, first step is to DISABLE ALL plugins. I dont' care if you think they don't directly apply to the issue your having but DISABLE ALL plugins, then restart HB and try again. If that doesn't fix the problem, LEAVE ALL PLUGINS DISABLED, and make sure you have the latest copy of the CC installed. THIS INCLUDES checking the threads of the CC AND (and i repeat AND the thread of the build of HB your using). Many times in the past the dev's have posted a quick fix to a CC that was having an issue when a new HB was released that worked until the CC dev's could get online and fix the full release. This does require a few minutes of reading the ENTIRE thread.

Load times of HB... again this has to do with the fact each persons system is different as well as their connection and their ISP. The Auth system takes longer if the DNS can't be full resolved quickly or has to go thru cache'd dns systems (some people need to learn how to actually setup/run a DNS system not just claim to by reading a book and knowing a few big words). Load times also can be effect by other things on your own systems like virus scans and other programs on your computers.

I'm sure i missed some issues people post....

But those that have legit issues, that have actually attempted to try to find a solution without bitching about it first, I am sorry and I am pretty sure the dev's are workign on getting them resolved. And yes when you fix one thing there's a good chance of breaking 2 more things in the process, hell look at your life, you can't say that when one thing goes right.. 2 more things don't go wrong? cause you know it does :)

Good Luck, now... lets have fun :)

- jawn

4. becsuletlen

becsuletlen New Member

Don't know why, but i can't seem to get this version working. After logging in, it crashes. Didn't happen with previous versions.

5. Xume

Xume Member

Still crashing after creating spell book, tried
      1) Closing wow AND HB (making sure its cleared from memory) and restarting both?
      2) rebooting the machine and trying again?
      heres screenshot and window error details

Description:
      Stopped working
      Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: Honorbuddy.exe
      Application Version: 1.9.6.2
      Application Timestamp: 4c9a7fad
      Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
      Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdaae
      Exception Code: e053534f
      Exception Offset: 00009617
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

Capture.GIF

6. m-i-k-e-y

m-i-k-e-y New Member

i am having same problems never had them before in any version

7. jawn

jawn Member

did you try a new clean directory install of hb?

8. jawn

jawn Member

Did you do a clean install of HB? (delete entire contents of directory and copy all new hb files)?

9. Xume

Xume Member

yes, running with nothing other than unziped contents

10. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can delete the 'de' folder out of the release to solve the issue with HB closing due to an unknown DLL being loaded.

11. Tommirritant

Tommirritant New Member

12. jawn

jawn Member

Has this always happened? did it just happened? did a crash (of WoW) occur shortly before this started? Hav eyou installed anything new on your computer and/or changed any other settings since the last time you installed/ran HB successfully?

13. sGkz

sGkz Member

No offense, but, please stop to release a new version every 2-3days, make a new release each month if you want, but make it working.

thanks.

14. m-i-k-e-y

m-i-k-e-y New Member

I had same problem it only does it with ski's cc for me

15. Tommirritant

Tommirritant New Member

Nope started with this new version

16. swanny

swanny New Member

I have a suggestion to Bossland and the devs I hope you consider, in regards to when a new version is released.
      This is mainly coming from an egoistic and lazy perspective, but I think the benefit for all could be big.

Here I go:
      Just as when we users submit a "ban-report" and the devs like it when we use a template to report, I suggest that you very nice HB/GB-devs also have a little "new release-report" that is shown on the forum post when a new version is announced. :)

This report could cover whatever you want it to cover, like whats been corrected in short.
      And as for my lazy perspective it could also cover if it's safe to copy the settings-folder from the previous verison to this new version - as it is now I dont copy anything over from an older version and is constantly typing the names of drinks, food and mounts into HB.. :p

17. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

and could you come over and rub one out for me as well? lol. they'll bitch and moan if you don't fix stuff, and they bitch and moan when you fix stuff, when you make them wait, when you get it to them double-quick.

thanks for the update. it does seem a whee bit buggier than before, but hey, what do I know. how far are we away from the application just automatically updating itself?

18. rcadams

rcadams New Member

Any chance 1.9.6.1 can be reposted with Auth Servers updated. It was atleast a stable build.
      And forcing us to upgrade to non-working builds isn't a good idea either btw...

19. Pedo Bear.

Pedo Bear. New Member

Plz fix 1.9.6.2!! It works terrible! A lot of crashes and erros!!

20. ravanello

ravanello New Member

At the moment it is possible to log with 1.9.6.1.

so no need to repost it :D