• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [FREE] Studio Companion

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by Studio60, Apr 28, 2015.

1. garoboldy

garoboldy Member

Do you have a feature planned for getting this to work across multiple toons without having to turn the plugin on and setup the raids on each character.

I was hoping for an export/import or a copy paste system.

2. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

SC2 (Studio Companion V2) will get a "layered" settings system. You can basically make settings on a global setting and then overwrite them on demand per character if you want to. I just can't promise it will make it in the first release as I am a bit scared to push so too changes at once. I will have to see what I can cram into the first version. :)

3. garoboldy

garoboldy Member

Outstanding news :) Thank you for the reply and small updates are safer than cramming tons into a large one so totally understandable.

4. gta809

gta809 Member

Any ETA for V2?

5. Studio60

I can only give you a "soon". I am working as fast as I can, but I don't like to give a date in case something else comes up. It is my current main project though.

6. Studio60

Version 1.0.151129.1 has been approved and is now live on the store.

Code:
      [B][U]1.0.151129.1[/U][/B]
      [B][I]General[/I][/B]
      - Added Cataclysm world drop configuration
      - Extended the FAQ for most Cataclysm raids
      [B][I]Travel Manager[/I][/B]
      - Forced landing position for Garrison 
      - Slightly changed the mage tower use in the Alliance Garrison (Level 3)
      - Added Hearthstone Travel Northrend (Dalaran)
      - Fixed travel with Wormhole Generator: Northrend

7. umshakalaka

umshakalaka Member

Hey, I've just purchased all of your profiles yesterday and I'm having a very annoying problem, namely profiles keep switching tasks on HB relog after each run is done, which is very annoying because I really don't want to nor see the reason why would they do that. Happens after each raid is done, could you make that setting optional or something?

8. Studio60

You have to clarify something for me: Have you configured a run in the "Studio Planner" and the bot is skipping tasks after each raid (which would be a bug) or are you loading profiles directly from the Buddystore and don't want the bot to skip a task after the run. If it is the latter, then I don't understand why you would want to turn that off.

9. umshakalaka

umshakalaka Member

Loading them from the planner, otherwise I would be posting under profiles thread instead the planner thread ^^
      The problem might be the fact that the profiles itself are highly non afk'able, meaning after around 20 runs now I always had to stop/start the bot at least once, could be that bot is ignoring plugin when that happens (which would be a huge pain in the ass to do each and every run and make the plugin useless for planning raids in case simple stop/start is messing with it).

If I were to load profile directly without the plugin I have no idea what's the use for profile skipping HB relog task after profile is finished by default, how many other profiles have you seen doing that? because I could count them on my... well, one finger :p

Also another thing I've wanted to mention - seems like settings are char specific, could there be a way to export and import settings for planned raids / difficulties (also "mount run" / "Boss run" etc) since I, same as probably most people are after certain mounts and would like to be able to run the same raids for the same mounts on all my chars (which in my case is a lot, but even other users probably do have at least few chars being able to solo the raid they're after).<br>
      If that is something that could be implemented - would be best if there's an option on what settings to save, so it doesn't save items etc by default for obvious reason (different class / spec so different items saved form the run).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    10. gta809

gta809 Member

11. Studio60

I already have this feature on my list of things to implement.

12. Studio60

Mmmh, this indicates a problem with your settings file for one of the raids in your planner. If you know which raids were in there, open the raid settings window for each raid once. Deleting your raid settings would be a last resort.

13. Studio60

I run my profiles on a daily basis as do hundreds of other users. If they wouldn't loot in general, someone would have noticed. :)

Unless something is broken in in your particular HB installation or some other plugin is interfering, you will have very few looting issues. Your biggest issue will probably be limited bag space.

Please try one of the following two steps:
      Clear your cache: Honorbuddy:HelpDesk:Cache corruption problems
      Perform a Clean Install: Honorbuddy:HelpDesk:"Clean installing" Honorbuddy

There are really only 3 situations in all of my profiles where I turned looting off for a limited amount of time.

14. Studio60

Are the characters with full inventory honored with the violet eye, because the bot can only use that vendor once they reached that reputation level?

15. kamanori

kamanori New Member

Hi. A few weeks ago i read a comment where someone asked what spec/talents/glyphs was the best to use with the bot for each char. To that you (Studio60) respanted that you were working on an update for the plugin so that it would set those things up by it self.

Just wanted to know how that project is going, and if you could make a small guide that tells us what to use untill the bot can do that for it self? :)

16. starlite68

starlite68 Member

I've been trying this out, with the Naxx trash run. First off, I have a suggestion: can the waiting for instance timers be done INSIDE the instances? waiting outside the Naxx portal for 3 minutes between each 4 minute trash run is not healthy :) there is a lot of pvp going on, classes with pushback blow you out and kill you from falling, people tend to search for bots acting like bots outside instance portals and report them. would be a lot better to wait inside then go out for a moment to reset (and maybe vendor on mount).

Now, as far as death handling - does this plugin have it or not? did not work for me. Dying results in waiting out the full timer then rezzing on the ground and running around under naxx trying to get into the portal (while on the ground). It doesn't recognise being in ghost form at all. If I release manually it runs around in ghost, again trying to get into naxx. No matter what, after dying and rezzing it does NOT get on a flying mount, just stays on the ground. If I then manually stop and restart HB, it finally resumes the profile by flying back to Naxx.

TLDR: One death (from getting ganked outside Naxx portals) ends the whole run, until I manually stop/start HB.

I attached a portion of the log starting with getting ganked till I stopped the bot (it rezed and was alive on a ground mount under naxx, getting pounded by the mobs there and not fighting back)

View attachment log.txt

17. Studio60

I am still working on it. I just have to spend way too much time on user support these days and it keeps me from implementing new stuff. As for that guide: most of the recommended talents should be listed in the FAQ for the raid inside the Studio Companion configuration.

18. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

Could you possibly make this plugin use Vendor mounts if in a raid you can mount in to do vendor runs? (firelands)

19. Studio60

It is so weird that in half a year that this profile has been on the store, no one reported this issue before. I just implemented a change to Firelands to address this exact same issue. For Naxxramas this would have to work a bit differently with the whole rezzing outside deal. I opened a task to address this issue. Once it is implemented you will find the patch notes in the Naxxramas support thread since this is a profile issue, not a plugin issue.

20. Studio60

I will consider it.