• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Sub Spec - Singular

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Obliv, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Obliv

Obliv New Member

I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been busy trying to figure out what I broke in v06. I rewrote the PvE section and once I get a few small things fixed I will be back to fixing the PvP side of things. I'm not 100% positive why that is happening, however, I will also be testing my ret paladin before making too many PvP changes to see if it's also doing it.

v06 will be out soon. Lots of additions that I don't want to put out if they're not functioning as intended.

2. valiliv

valiliv New Member

ran a raid with my changed CC from the previous post. first off, this thing already does dps competitive to the best players. there is really not a lot of issues!

Some additions to my previous comments:

Auto Dance is not as bad as I thought in a raid (tested in LFR). doesnt need to be changed really at all. serious raiders would use it manually anyhow since there are so many target switches and bad times for shadowstep. YES shadowstep on a mutated corruption in DW kills you and you can't even be battlerezed.

Backstab not going off on 4 CPs and energy capping is probably from the "StyxWoW.Me.CurrentTarget.HasMyAura("Find Weakness")" requirement. I'm sure the Ovale script (which is just taken from SimCraft) has some complex reason for that (probably hemo is better or something), but it might be too much for the bot. Seems to be better without that req, it pools at 4 CP but still goes off at 80 if you dont get the 5th.

My suggestion for minimum energy reqs not necessary. The thinking was to make it less spammy so it's easier to use abilities manually (eg Feint), but you still can pretty reliably, just have to really pound the key and not wait till last sec. not having energy reqs might be better for dps and CPU usage

auto tricks is already built into singular, i just added this and it works great to focus target
      // WE GOT TRIX! And no, they're not just for kids.
      Spell.Cast(
      "Tricks of the Trade", ret => Common.BestTricksTarget,
      ret => SingularSettings.Instance.Rogue.UseTricksOfTheTrade && Common.BestTricksTarget != null),

I dont think any sub rogue would FoK even on something like Yor'sahj HM black phase where there's like 30 adds, so that should still be togglable. or people will get laughed at.

everything else works great. thanks again for your work on this.

3. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Test the new update, let me know how it works. I have noticed it energy cap right before a Vanish on the target dummies, but I really want to do boss testing before lowering any numbers. Also, let me know if it's properly ambushing after Vanish and Shadow Dance like it should be.

Gloves will be in the next release. I don't have the enchant so I can't test to see if it's working yet. If you do open Subtlety.cs in Notepad and modify line 101:
      //Item.UseEquippedItem(15),
      and change it to
      Item.UseEquippedItem(9),

I believe 9 should work, however, if that does not work test replace it with 10 and try again. Let me know if it works so I can push out an update.

4. macroon

macroon New Member

Hi there,

Been trying out this one for 4 days straight now in PvP and I love it.. (still need to apply poison on thrown, but that is a minor prob i.m.o)
      This is what I find really annoying thou..
      It does NOT use any trinket what so ever..

Scenario (PvP/PvE): PvP
      Current Bot: Honorbuddy 2.0.0.5710 on BGBuddy
      Level of Rogue: 85
      What did it do?: Nothing at all
      What should it have done?: Use my Crowdcontrol trinkets and USe trinkets for Agility and so on.
      the settings I am using:

Trinket 1: CrowdControled
      Trinket 2: CrowdControled
      Use first Trinket: TRUE
      Use second Trinket: TRUE

But I allways need to click it myself.

But, in addition to that, the CC works 99% Flawless.. I LOVE this CC.. (tried all the others and this is by far the best for PvP as a SUB)

Thanks in advance // macroon

5. whittone

whittone Member

Thank you for all your hard work on this Obliv, I have been bouncing back and forth between this and Fpsware Rogue and both work really good. I'm only a level 47 Rogue so I'm wondering if while leveling or playing pvp if this CC is mainly tuned for level 85 rogues?

Thanks again for all the great work and look forward to trying out version 6 tonight!

6. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Definitely tuned for 85 but I can add a few options to help leveling.

I am aware of the trinket issue. It's a problem with Singular. I'll see if there is any way around it.

7. Maxd

Maxd New Member

people should get http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...p/13081-plugin-pvp-basic-trinket-racials.html til its fixed :) works like a charm while running this CC! great CC btw Obliv, appriciate alot. is there a way to change the fps in it though so it stick to targets abit better? As the glue plugin keeps giving crashed to HB :(

8. candleman2005

candleman2005 New Member

hi could anyone please tell me if this is still working as iv downloaded it and unzipped it into the new singular folder of my cc folder but its not over riding anything and my hb just automaticaly selects fpsware rogue as its custome class whis wont attack anything lol
      thanks for the help.

9. Obliv

Obliv New Member

It should work fine. I could have messed up the zip but I think I got it right. Make sure it goes in your singular folder in custom classes.

I'm experimenting with the targeting issue. I can't narrow down exactly why it's deciding the current target isn't the best. It's definitely something I know about.

Thanks for posting the plugin. Use that until I can work in better logic. The default singular project is getting heavy updates but not much communication what is being updated so I've been waiting. Don't want to spend all my time on this if they're going to replace it.

10. Beast

Beast Member

I will fully be switching to sub from combat once the engineer gloves are implmented (make sure its used when shadow dance is active, they both have a 1min CD)

11. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Implemented in next version. Let me know if you run in to any issues with the current version. I'll be testing tomorrow, hopefully.

Hans-peter likes this.
    12. infinity

infinity Member

Really nice work ;) im impressed mate

and im sure you will make him use Shadowdance better ( as in the beginning and when it comes off CD )
      best result is with tricks since we use at least 2p t13

anw ... Keep it up mate you rock :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    13. macroon

macroon New Member

if I got the 05 version installed and downloaded 06, do I need to do the SVN update first again and then copy over the files one more time or can I just unzip 06 to the singular folder?

14. whittone

whittone Member

This is working great! I have a level 54 rogue and ran about 15 Bg's last night and was in the top 3 90% of the time! I've been using the Glue PvP plugin and it really is fantastic with making the rogue look more human but I hope the creator updates it because it looks like it is crashing on a lot of folks with an error 132, not sure if maybe he could use some help on figuring it out :) Just wanted to say thanks again for all the hard work and I haven't had any issues with it using trinkets so far either.

15. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Until they start updating the rogue you're fine just copying it over.

Thanks for the feedback. How would you like to see Shadow Dance improved? Currently it waits until we're pooling for energy so we can hit it and be ready for multiple ambushes. That's also when Berserking / Blood Fury / Gloves (soon) will also go off. As soon as we hit the first ambush, Shadowstep should go off (if it's off CD).

Also, Slice and Dice.. keep it or no? I saw on the WoW forums that it's good for sustained damage in PvP, but I'm not sure since I'm not too involved in serious PvP. I've got other ideas for improving our buff uptime that will allow for more finishers.

16. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

Alright I had one issue that is a major one for lower level sub...

Your CC will not use ambush as the stealthed opener and well that is the only one sub has until like 28+... just a heads up

Edit: was using kicks 1-12 goblin profile ... started having issues at lvl 10.
      Your CC will creep the rogue up to behind the enemy and just sit there until I come around and pop ambush.

Had to respec into combat for now to use base singular.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

17. Obliv

Obliv New Member

You were behind the mob and it wouldn't cast Ambush? That's strange. It's designed to Ambush by default if you're behind the target. Post a log when you can so I can see what's going on.

18. macroon

macroon New Member

Well aobut the SnD...
      I use that on DK's n Warriors, due to they wearing plate and we need to kill em off faster than lets say a cloth or leather..
      but that is only on them.. I stealth, pop pre med and recuperate, kidney shot, vanish, ambush, hemo, SnD, shadowstep, ambush, hemo, hemo, eviscerate, vanish, ambush, hemo hemo eveiscerate..
      and so on and so forth..
      that is basic rotation that I found works nice.. (well with a few tweaks here and there, and rogues has the same amount of play styles as there are players ;)
      then depending on fight you wanna pop cd's and/or use smokebomb (which is actually EPIC to use) when beeing targeted, I pop it in fights where there are melee (or in small BG's whereI can get targeted from behind) and ranged at the same time.. dont seem to get that in this ;)
      SnD, back to that, is good, but not all the time.. takes off combo points that we can use in finishers.. and if you are good geared ( I have 4.6k resi and full enchants and so on) you still kick ass with agi stat.

On another note, Some ppl say that Cheap Shot is a good opener, but it is 6 sec CD and I'd rather use the kidney shot straight off, since it has longer duration and no base CD.

Oh yeah does this CC use dismantle? Cuz I pop that every time in fight when off CD.no matter class or race..

This is my opinion, any1 else have a better solution, hit me! ;) I love to learn everything, and try other operners, combos and rotations..

Anyways Obliv, EPIC CC, really nice work, luv it man..
      Thumbs up

19. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

i am gonna have to create another rogue but np I will try to get around to it sometime soon...

20. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Don't worry about it, I'll test it sometime this week and find out what's going on. I'd switch to Combat for a while anyways, this has not been tested at all for low levels. I didn't expect many people to use Sub for leveling. I'll be adding small additions that will help those who choose to do so.