• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Tanks and Enmity

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by stewiethecat, Feb 2, 2014.

1. stewiethecat

stewiethecat Member

Was Wondering if there was a code that i could input that would build a tanks Enmity before going into Storm's Path/Eye combo

like Cast("Butcher's Block", r => Core.Target.CurrentEnmityPercent <= 80),

If not, is it even possible to put something like that in?

2. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Right now, there isn't a CurrentEnmityPercent(at least under Core.Target).

The problem I see with something like what you've got above is that you really don't want to base it off of your own EnmityPercent because as a tank "hopefully" you will always be at 100%. You would need to loop through the rest of the players in your party and check how high their enmity was before going into the Storm's rotations. I think it'll be quite difficult to make an auto-tank for dungeons and such just because your rotations will change depending on each pull(at least in my experience).

It would still be nice to be able to see everyone's Enmity through the bot, so hopefully that's something Mashtag can add in the future.

3. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

Enmity on PartyMember and Player is something we should eventually have.

4. stewiethecat

stewiethecat Member

Basicallly, i ask this because i made a warrior profile that applies Storm's Path and Storm's Eye, while getting in one butcher's Block, but...
      I need the fight to start with at least one Butcher's Block combo on a new target before going off into Storm's Path/Eye Combos, for more sustained threat generation,

5. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

As far as I can tell you can only tell your threat level to mobs on your aggro list. Can't do anything if they don't provide the data.

6. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

Threat data has to be provided, there's a threat meter built into the game on the party UI. The enmity meter changes and shows how much enmity every player in your party including you have to your selected target, I don't know if that means you'd only be able to see the threat for only currently selected mobs.

7. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Forgot about that, let me look into it.