• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Teamviewer alternative? Can't move in WoW?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Optimiztix, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

I use teamviewer to watch my bot while I am at work. But quite often, especially today, Kicks 1-100 questing profile gets stuck. Often times the quest turn in NPC will be like 5 feet away, and it will get stuck saying its waiting for NPC to show up. OR, it wont be able to interact correctly (talk to) an NPC for a quest and it just sits there. So then I have to manually fix it right? But my problem is, at work, teamviewer for one is kinda laggy/choppy trying to process WoW. When I click on anything such as HB or my desktop icons/menus, it responds quickly. BUT, when I click inside WoW to move, or I try to use WASD, or try to click on an NPC, it doesnt even move my character, and just flips the camera rotation in WoW all over the place.

If you google this sort of issue, there isn't much info/forum talk about it. I found one here on Reddit, but it didnt really help me: Anyone know of an addon or command to open the mission table in my garrison without clicking? Teamviewer cannot handle the mouse for me. : wow

Are there any alternatives to Teamviewer or fixes, that will actually let me click to move in WoW or WASD to move and whatnot?

(my home PC is running on Windows. This PC at work is a mac with a wireless apple keyboard, and wireless apple mouse)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
      Cava likes this.
    2. nuambani

nuambani New Member

i use anydesk from work. easy to use and decent fps. i can do the garisson missions and herb/ore pickup decently.

Cava likes this.
    3. odano1988

odano1988 Member

you can use the arrow keys to move with teamviewer i think btw.

Cava likes this.
    4. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

Just tried that. Same as WASD. It tries to move my character, but when I send key presses/key combinations over through teamviewer, it just gets all choppy and lags the hell out of it. It makes my character just like barely move at all.

Cava likes this.
    5. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

I have to use a Mac at work. Anydesk doesnt support Mac currently :/

Cava likes this.
    6. namednoob

namednoob Community Developer

You could use LogMeOut, set it to use Hearthstone if it stucks for N attempts and clear HB cache.

Cava likes this.
    7. trix4rix

trix4rix Member

tap, than tap and hold on where you want to go, it acts as a right click in teamviewer which will move your character with click to move.

Cava likes this.
    8. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

What do you mean tap, than tap and hold?

Anything I do with my mouse or keyboard just throws the camera angle all over and zooms in and out.

Cava likes this.
    9. trix4rix

trix4rix Member

My mistake, Im using my cell phone for teamviewer. Have you tried just right clicking on where you want to go? Make sure that your teamviewer window on your work computer is the same size as the resolution on your home computer. that's my only suggestion.

Cava likes this.
    10. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

Ahh gotcha lol. I have it on my phone as well, so I could even try that.

But yea, I've tried just right clicking as well. It's really choppy/laggy and throws the camera around, it's weird. I am on a Universities network which should generally be fast/strong, but idk. The network here is kinda crappy at times.

Cava likes this.
    11. Brein

Brein New Member

Google Chrome Remote Desktop works amazing on my android device and laptop

Cava likes this.
    12. sharkon

sharkon New Member

Hi, there is an Programm/IOS App/Android App called Crazyremote its the BEST crazyremote.com

[video=youtube;nd3jsDLDacM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd3jsDLDacM[/video]

Cava likes this.
    13. Mordark

Mordark Community Developer

You might try out TightVNC or Logmein.

Cava likes this.
    14. joejoe317

joejoe317 New Member

I'm in the same boat. I have to tap the arrow a zillion times. I use click to move, but the key
      is to get to
      to not move the camera. If it states doing it click once, then right click the area for ctm. It is horrible on team viewer. I'm going to try that google one possibly. I know splash desktop did an awesome job back
      in the day, but it costs money now.

Cava likes this.
    15. Tekken

Tekken Member

Hi mate

I also use teamviewer and I know exactly what u mean. What I do now is this, make sure you have selected click to move on wow settings and then place the cursor in game (glove itself) in an area close by to where u want to go and keep it press on your screen, the toon will move to that area. The only problem with using this is that the tablet (which is what I use) sometimes interprets that as a double tap and moves the camera, and I think all teamviewer users know if you move the camera you are screwed as is very hard to set back to where you want again. The good thing about this technique is that sometimes you can click on the actual NPC and it will move there and open the chat box .

I am also going to give other programs a try as teamviewer is quite frustrating at times ...

What about when you select a window in the taskbar and you just can open it no matter what you do .. anybody has had that problem?

Anyway I hope what I mentioned above helps you.. I use it a lot especially around the garrison stuff

Cheers

Tekken

Cava likes this.
    16. EchoTiger

EchoTiger Official Profile and Singular Developer Staff Member Moderator

The "extremely fast camera rotation" is because of TeamViewer's virtual screen scaling.
      I had a similar problem (without TeamViewer) on my computer when I used monitors that were different sizes.

My middle monitor was set to "Large" scaling and the others were set to Medium.
      Anytime I used a game on the Large scale monitor, the camera would spazz out if I moved it - but it would work fine on the Medium monitors.
      The issue also changed depending on which was set as the primary monitor. If the large was set, then the medium had issues (and vise-versa.)
      I could imagine TeamViewer is displaying at a separate scale than your computer is set to.

I've never really bothered to look into a fix for it though, perhaps you could try adjusting the scaling manually to match whatever TeamViewer may be using.
      Whenever you connect via TeamViewer, try messing around with it.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

[HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
      Cava likes this.
    17. Outcry

Outcry New Member

This is the EASIEST and BEST alternative i've found and have been using it for a while now on my mac. I highly recommend giving this a try!

Cava likes this.
    18. Toofastforyou

Toofastforyou Member

yeah i have the same issue with teamviewer

Cava likes this.
    19. vibrator

vibrator New Member

Teamviewer isnt compatible with HB and will cause problems issues there are several different incompatible softwares that if ran while HB is in use will cause issues there used to be a wiki for it but it's 404not found anymore some of these are OBS Teamviewer ALmost all Razor software

Cava likes this.
    20. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Change the settings in the copy of wow you are using. Turn off hardware cursor, slow the mouse movement speed down, and set your character to walk and not run before you give a small command like move forward 5 feet... I had similar issues but was eventually able to find a way to make it manageable over a tablet.

Or do like named said and setup logmeout on a relogger so that after the heart and cache clear you guy will navigate his little butt back out to wherever he needs to be. Pretty sure that isn't much of an issue even if org or stormwind

Cava likes this.