• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • The way HB-team is currently operating..Ethically or not?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Flacito, May 26, 2015.

?

Is HB being ethical as of now?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

I'm so happy they blocked arenas.. As soon as we can get rid of people like you the better this bot will be...

2. killajosh

killajosh Member

Glad arenas are out. I'd rather lose a single feature than the whole bot. Unfortunately, some people are too concerned about that unearned ranking. You all have your panties in a wad about something that you don't even work for.

3. Fr0zenshadow

Fr0zenshadow Member

I am happy they blocked arenas for public use for the sake of pvp integrity. i'll find a new hack/bot so i can keep on doing Arenas. I am disabled so i need a bot play for me in arenas (only got one arm). but they won't return my money, and without that i just can't pay another 200 euros for the profiles again

4. pontius001

pontius001 New Member

You people are all forgetting that there was a "suspension wave" that hit. That means everyone lost their ability to bot no matter what they were using the bot for. Normally, devs quit when something drastically happens like that, which means you would have been done at that point no matter what.

Now, the devs at HB have decided to continue working on a future of this bot. Them cutting back on some of the unsupported functionality of the bot's past... Nevermind, trying to talk sense to these people up in arms about losing the ability to just do arenas is like trying to talk sense to either Clinton when it comes to "specific meaning of words".

5. tomh2011

tomh2011 Member

Arena may have been implicitly supported by CRs (but never Honorbuddy) & PvP is inclusive of Arenas, not exclusive for Arenas - therefor PvP CRs are still PvP CRs.

Any talk of refund etc are only hurting the CR devs.. people should think about this IMHO.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    6. novabeam

novabeam New Member

I agree.

7. Latinosttyles

Latinosttyles New Member

This is the beginning of the end. When functionality of software starts to be removed the statement is clear; we don't know how to support or in this case it's been stated clearly that the "Buddyteam" do not understand why the banwave hit. The only option they claim to have is to reduce existing functionality even though a large user base is against this. The assumption of Blizzard ban-wave being base solely on HB pvp detection or reports is kind of ridiculous. I myself don't PvP but have seen bots stuck while leveling left and right, bots camping rares,bots farming instances in a loop when locked out and can no longer be enetered, to blame this on PVP and removing this functionality is only the beginning of the final days of this beloved Bot. Removing features or functionality is a final choice usually without alternatives, in this case there is alternatives, removing questing,farming,raiding ect are also viable since we have no direct explanations on why the ban hit us all so hard.

Now im rambling and ill stop after this last comment.

Whether PvP was never officially supported is not the reason why it is being removed, the reason is that devs are at a complete loss as to why we were detected and are desperate to get one last or a few last burst of purchases before the end of this project.

8. Chuckles

Chuckles Member

Removing functionality is never a good idea imo and goes against the goodwill of many of your existing customer base.
      People have spent alot of money based on goodwill here and what the bot could do. For many that goodwill has been removed.

9. killajosh

killajosh Member

They aren't removing functionality. It had been in the wiki, and the devs have made it clear: HB was never meant for arenas. There was never an arenabot option, just CR's that allow unskilled PvPers to feel big and bad with some fictional rating system... and a rating you don't actually deserve. I went to Blizz's forums. There are HUNDREDS of posts about PvP botters, bitching and whining.

So many of you would rather see HB go down in flames than make a small sacrifice for the good of THIS community. There are other bots available.... go try one and see what you think.

10. vamp

vamp New Member

qtf

11. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

Ok this is thread 1 million about the same issue. Please read the wiki.
      In the end it is a business decision and there is no perfect way for everyone.
      If it turns out that this decision was bad, Bossland will maybe think it over but thats how it is atm.
      There is no need to open new threads about this topic or crazy things like if we are ethical, like pink elephants or whatever.
      Our board, our rules. Sounds harsh but people being here for a long period know that we never be so strict like it may sound now.
      We listen to our customers, provide updates and new features all the time but not every decision we make is good for everyone. That's called life!

The moderators of this board spend a lot of time atm. closing threads like this. If possible and if the discussion is nice and on topic we leave one main thread open but there is no need to have 35x of them.
      I hope you understand this. Topic CLOSED!

Update: Vote says we are ethical ;)
      If you do not like this decision and want to blame someone pls. send me a PM but stop wasting the time of the mods.

nooblet and killajosh like this.
    12. nooblet

nooblet Active Member

Well said mr Bot operator. I'm trying to get to 1000 posts by the end of today lol.

13. Flacito

Flacito Member

Yes the poll implies that the majority of the consumers/users agrees on the way you are operating is ethically, socially and morally responsible (as a side note, isn't that interesting on your behalf too? I'm guessing it must be! ). In that case, I guess there isn't any obligation to not carry on. In any case, good luck with updating the bot, and please do not misunderstand me; I am not trying to offend or trying to provoke anyone, nor am I trying to practice negative influence here, I'm merely questioning the way you're operating in business is considered just or unjust...

14. dartex008

dartex008 Member

I would rather see honorbuddy alive and well without arenas and battlegrounds support than see it closed down forever. Bots in PvP annoy people more than anything else and when people are annoyed - Blizzard takes action.

15. katy_jesp

katy_jesp New Member

The one does not exclude the other. HB could still live and prosper with allowed CR in arena - And HB can still be closed down forever, even without arena.

16. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Yes, they are a business and doing what is best for business. If you can make a product this well then be my guest.

17. Macatho

Macatho New Member

Really I think competitive pvp should be left competitive. Using CRs for pvp is just lame.

18. Ferhal

Ferhal New Member

I hope they proceed to remove BGBuddy and interrupts in pvp. Then it will dandy

19. baronvongameplaydk

baronvongameplaydk New Member

I dont understand why people is bitching all the time... like you cant do anything about it and it have always been the way it is now. the only thing changed is that they fixed a bug. you have always known that it wasent supposed to be used in arena so why bitch about it now?

20. Flacito

Flacito Member

Lol, and I received an infraction for creating this thread, what a surprise.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.