• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Thoughts on causes?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by Macatho, May 13, 2015.

1. Macatho

Macatho New Member

I'm thinking massive data mining over months and crunching those numbers to see if they spit out positives.
      Seems the routines are being banned, because a ton of people are reporting only using ENYO/Raid. And non-enyo users got banned to so its not like enyo got detected...

Any constructive thoughts on the subject?

EDIT: Could maybe have something to do with 32-bit client...But what do I know.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    2. Gameforreal

Gameforreal Member

yes its cause its 32 bit.. that and cause of the bee logo.. and most importantly the name. - other reasons could be wind, rain, sun, stones, grass and even cows.. cows are evil people!

3. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

since every single account running hb today did not receive a ban, the detection wasnt today.

three of my accounts were started on 4-22 and received 6m exploiting suspensions.
      two of these accounts were actively botting grim batol 24/7 when the suspension happened.-----if detected would have been banned for third party software
      the third was a gold transfer account and was offline. still received exploit suspension.------if detected, or suspected would have been banned for exploiting the economy.

my fourth active account was started on 5/7 and received no ban.
      i was online using questbot in outlands and stayed online botting through the 'banwave'.------if detected would have been banned for either third party software OR exploiting the economy since the account held my botted gold and one of the chars was one of three in my grim batol botting guild.

so. id guess that the 'detection' was active after 4-22 but was stopped before 5-7.

food for thought. could blizzard scan ram and processes to figure out what bot if any were present. information not to be used in any way related to proving botting activity. therefore not admissible as evidence. then use that information 'which bot is present' to determine where to scan in their own assigned memory space. it would greatly improve their detection methods if they knew exactly where to look ahead of time. but since i know hardly anything about how exactly memory injection works, we would need more input.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    4. Neilu1337

Neilu1337 New Member

^ i didnt bot for a week so your thought is bullshit. :)