• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Thoughts on the days ahead....

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by Kyle, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the future of botting in regards to this new ban wave .......

Possibly on....

1. Botting for Honor/Transmog/Dailies/combat routine for raiding/etc. (you somewhat care about the account)

VS

2. Botting for gold (as the end result, and you could care less if the account gets banned)

Or thoughs on.....

How long is everyone waiting to start back up in regards to these two botting objectives?

Is waiting futile as they won't perform another ban for some time??? (assuming this follows their previous record - which does not necessarily indicate how they will ban in the future)

I am interested to know how botters who do not bot for gold will be approaching botting going foward.

Kyle

2. qztr

qztr Active Member

The only thing worth botting is gold imo.

3. ski

ski Well-Known Member

#2 you can start as soon as an update is available. Suicide botters don't care about bans.

#1, which is me personally, I wait a few days after an update before I grab a new account. I enjoy WoW, but I have limited time and like to spend it doing raids or higher end content. I use HB non-afk to do world quests or level up new characters to play with, so I care a bit about safety.

4. Coupons

Coupons New Member

1. The only thing I had done since Kara launch was bot artifact power/gear/resources from WQ. These are the only remotely useful things if you are raiding.

2. Gold is not worth much if you don't have a legitimate contact to sell to.

As a result, I will NEVER bot on my main again. In restrospect, the 200k-300k artifact power and 10k resources I got since kara release were not worth losing my raiding character over. I will only bot on my secondary accounts from now on. Sorry Honorbuddy, I dodged bans throughout 10 years of botting by being careful and botting only a few hours a day, but a tripwire fail? That's not a risk I can live with happening again to my raiding character. I'm going to have to manually rebuild my character that took 3 months and had his best legendary item just so I can play again. This cost is too great. Will I bot gold on my secondary account once my main is unbanned? yeah, sure, itll cost at least 70k a month to keep both accounts active anyways.

5. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Yup, you basically should never bot on a character you care about. I kept my main, but over the last few months I grew attached to one of my chars on my bot accounts, and had been playing that. Pretty bad loss, but I'll get over it. Really just the rep farming that sucks. If rep was account wide, and artifact power was account bound, would be a whole different ballgame.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I agree, its a bitch. I used my main account but I am not really that attached to it. I started back up in legion after a couple year break and found I didn't really have the time to farm artifact power in order to be of any use to my raid/pvp team.

Debating whether I should just start botting my new account since I only plan on playing the next couple of months or so.

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the mechanism that seems to have identified our bots is still running?

And if so, do you think running the bot would result in an immediate ban (as opposed to say, collecting the data on your account and banning you in 6 months)?

7. Coupons

Coupons New Member

I think the people botting now with the tripwire failure detection thingy will be banned within 2 months. For the last banwave, blizzard only collected their list for 3 weeks. This is also one of their most successful banwaves. Why would they wait 6 months to ban people they have proof of botting now? Because they are lazy? okay sure...

Only bot now if you are suicidal. I expect honorbuddy to be "relatively safe" in about 2-3 weeks, but "relatively safe" sounds like a ban in 6 months. If you bot now I would expect a ban within 1 month maybe 2. If you are willing to wait, you will last longer.

8. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Definitely wait until we hear at least something that sounds like an all clear from higher devs. Doing it now you could just get suspended in a few days. Once the new mechanism is found and worked around, you'd probably be good for a few months. Unless Blizzard has changed internal policies, that is.

9. braindead444

braindead444 Member

I bot because the grind of world quests bores the ever living shit out of me. I enjoy dungeon diving and pvp but can not stand running around for hours on end doing quests. So I use the bot to pretty much level my characters up for end game stuff. pretty much 1-90 is boring to me. I do enjoy having the bot run dailies, farm out herbs, but after some of the herb farming routes were getting hit I laid off that for a bit. I don't make any profits from this I really just do it because I enjoy screwing over the TOS of blizzard. I botted back in the days of Runescape and was instantly hooked, see what I did, so now I get my autoing fix by upping the stakes and botting in wow. Its just like gambeling you get a rush when you win but it sucks when you don't win. As soon as update is back up I will be botting no questions asked. I kind of want to suicide bot another account just to see how their detection peroids are lol. The best advice anyone can tell you is do not bot on an account you care about. That's all it takes to weather the ban waves.