Season 15 and Demonbuddy, working as of 21th September 2018!
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Totemizer - A Totem Routine

Discussion in 'Community Releases' started by tozededao, Dec 27, 2014.

1. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

Hello guys, last league I botted a Shockwave Totem build and I edited the ExampleRoutine minimally to suit my needs and make it at least work. I never "supported" that project since I didn't and I still don't have the ammount of knowledge for it but I've managed to take a look at it and make a Totem Routine since a lot of people requested it.

It is really basic and its basically a copy of ExampleRoutine with some edited lines, I'll be cutting unused stuff along the way and adding new stuff if I have the time and the knowledge for it.

Just have a totem skill on your bar, if you also have IceSpear on your spellbars it will use it to generate powercharges(get a GMP-IceSpear-PCoC)

How to Install :

Extract all the files inside the zip to Routines folder.

How to Configure :

On the settings tab choose the maxDistanceBetweenTargetAndTotem, this value represents the highest distance that our main target can be far away from the totem before we resummon a totem near it. For Shockwave Totem I used 15 and seemed to work fine, this was with 11% Increased Area Effect radius on the tooltip ( after conc effect, increased effect gems and some nodes). Play around this value and find yourself what value suits you better, dont forget to share it here.

REQUIRES AT LEAST DUAL TOTEM.

Todo :
    Nothing here, no ideas or no knowledge for the ideas I have :D

Thanks to Pushedx for his posts on my old edited routine post and this amazing EB Project.
    Thanks to naut for his FlickerStrike routine which I "stole" the Vaal Discipline method.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Sapin32 likes this.
  2. tozededao

Updated just now, please redownload.

3. Sapin32

Sapin32 Member

Thanks you SO much for this ! I'm using Flame Totem with no faster proj. and max distance 30 is currently working #1, I'll keep testing and come back about it !

Thanks alots !

4. Sapin32

Sapin32 Member

If the mouse go over the potions and the tooltip come up, the bot just stand still and do nothing. If I manualy click somewhere on the screen even if the bot is running, it continue its way. Wasn't happening with the exemple routine ! I'm trying to lower max distance (Trying at 25)

5. tozededao

To avoid the issue of GUI overlap when using higher skill ranges users should:

1. Rebind Middle and Right Mouse buttons to use keys instead.
    2. Don't use any skill assigned to Left Mouse Button (Slot 1), unless it requires a small casting range or you change the CR to ensure it won't be cast too far.

Please remember the "Move" skill cannot only be on the Left Mouse Button.

The tooltips for GUI elements will still popup if the cursor is near them, but the key presses will not trigger the mouse event handling that would otherwise block skills from being used.

6. Sapin32

Sapin32 Member

Completly forgot about this info, thanks you !

So far its absolutly perfect with a range of 25 ! No more pots tooltip with these modification

7. Crumpet_

Crumpet_ Member

Good script, but we need to get some defensive abilities into play here, I seem to just drop totems and stand there in a crowd of mobs then proceed to get violated

8. Nixon233

Nixon233 New Member

Haven't tried this yet as my next character will be a flame or shock totem but have you checked your ranges and have attack in place checked?

9. Crumpet_

Crumpet_ Member

Yeah, changed it to 25 range, but i will put attack in place on. Seems to do alot better with just increasing the range from 15 to 25.

10. Nixon233

Nixon233 New Member

Good glad to hear

11. tozededao

Next version I will include the option to modify some of the hardcoded values in terms of the distance where the totem is cast at so we can get an idea of what values people find best among all type of totem builds.

As far as survivability I have no idea how to code it. But you can have some survivability by using Cold Snap Traps with Ele Proliferation.

12. sortep

sortep Member

it's out of date... or something doesn't work when i put totemizer.cs & totemizersettings.cs into example routine folder.

13. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

LOLZ! create a new folder called "totemizer" and put the files in it, should work.

14. tozededao

Thats because you dont put it inside the example routine folder you need to create a folder and extract it inside that folder.

15. kevel

kevel New Member

Gonna test this tomorrow and level a shockwaver, Know any good guides besides hvc's?

16. sortep

sortep Member

can you mention that you should delete the original "Example Routine" folder and put the Totemizer in your instructions maybe so noobs like me can understand a bit better :) thanks.

so i've played with this a bit. i'm running the city of sarn and got comfortable with the following settings with the "Flame Totem" build. Combat Range 50 Max distance between target and totem is 45. seems to be pretty ok . i'll be doing Dom runs soon and leave input about that on what i feel comfortable with.

i found out that there are ALOT of mobs that seem to like to rush me, is there a way your can implement a keep certain distance from mob into the script? i guess if it backs up into a wall theres always chicken i suppose. but then again that wouldn't be good when i farm dominus or what ever... hmm.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  17. tozededao

You dont need to delete the original Example Routine Folder.

18. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Yup, you don't need to delete the other routine, just create a new folder "Totemizer" and it'll work.

For the "kiting" behavior, pushedx and other devs disscussed about it and went on the conclusion that there's pros and cons, that have to be handled one by one. For now I guess it's not a priority, with a totem build just have some life/resist and it should be okay, and don't rely on totems only.

19. Darox

Darox Member

Just started using this. It works well however how do we adjust the delay between totem placements? I want to increase it all I see is distance between totems and targets, and trap delays that could relate.

Seems to spam them a bit. Casts 2 in same spot then another often right beside it. not sure why. I only have 2 total, you can get 3 in total... but maybe limit that based on passives/items. only can get 3 with passive and unique.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  20. tozededao

I dont see it having that behavior on my side, maybe it is casting because the target that the bot is choosing is too far away from the oldest totem so he recasts the totem in order for the totem to hit that monster. Try increasing the distance between totem and target in order to not resummon the totem so fast.