• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Tutorial] How to make a $8.5M lawsuit

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by bossland, Mar 16, 2017.

1. bossland

bossland Administrator

In this tutorial you will learn how to play with numbers, so you be able to achieve the maximum.

Your opponent gives you the number of 118,939 sold copies of his product in the US, where there is not clear how many of them where related to your software.
      You also know that 35,685 copies where just trials, at a cost of 1 EUR.

Now at court you present the following:

Thus, at minimum, roughly 36% of Bossland’s U.S. sales are of products for use
      with the Blizzard Games. In light of the foregoing, and given Bossland’s
      deliberate decision to default and avoid discovery, it is fair and reasonable to
      assume that at least2 36% of those downloads were of the Bossland Hacks, and not
      Bossland products for use with other games. Thus, Blizzard is entitled to at least
      42,818 (roughly 36% of 118,939) separate statutory damages awards under the
      DMCA.

In this case, Blizzard is only seeking the minimum statutory damages of
      $200 per infringement, for a total of $8,563,600.00.

Notably, $200 approximates the cost of a one-year license for the Bossland Hacks. So, it is very likely that
      Bossland actually received far more than $8 million in connection with its sale of the Bossland Hacks.

Viola, You made the $ 8.5M.

The fact that a old lifetime licence for Honorbuddy v2 did cost between 20 - 25 EUR (depending on 1 or 3 Sessions), as a one time purchase and that a trial licence did cost 1 EUR, and on basis on this given numbers by your opponent you would get something like; The Legendary Buddy product (the one that costs 199 EUR), was sold under 100 times since it was announced, worldwide.

0.36 x (118,939 - 35,685 ) x 22.5 + 0.36 x 35,685 x 1 =

... naahh that is too complicated to calculate.

Just so you know, we would like to have made 8.5M USD with sales, unluckily for us, we did not. The real number is probably somewhere around 687.204 EUR before any costs.

grynf likes this.
    2. Phelon

Phelon Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Blizzard used that new math to get Mercury too. I wish you would have won so botting could continue to be a thing. Losing the best bot base on the market is going to SUCK. I hope you "accidentally" open source the whole bot if they do make you shut down. It would be a great learning tool for people years to come.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    3. I3atp4ndas

I3atp4ndas New Member

Or two time

gn0sh likes this.
    4. Suzka

Suzka New Member

мы закрылись ?

5. gippy

gippy Member

Even if the numbers are wrong, is the ruling on hawker part of the reason we cant purchase buddy store products from the uk?

6. DevAnse

DevAnse Member

so wht is next ? Bossland can u give info about ur plans ?

7. czullo

czullo Member

So, when next price change?

8. darobbiebot

darobbiebot Member

Hey Bossland

I know you probably will not read this, let alone rely to it but i will put this out there anyway.

I have been using HB for 3-4years on 3 accounts and I love what it has done for me. Its got me special tiger mount, anami skydragon and much more. Its leveled characters over and over so I can enjoy late game PvP and PvE with friends. Fuck when 3s teams were and thing and RBGs were popular I used to level classes i already played to play with friends and coach/lead teams without any connections to my main or lossing MMR or rating from my main.

Anyways enough about me as im a die hard fan of HB and all the work you have done.

What is the plan going forward for HB? Are you going to walk away ? I can understand that. Are you going to quit HB and start up again under after company ? even better ! or will HB continue ?

Although I love HB and its given me so much for how little i paid for it yet alone the enjoyment its brought to my freinds through me helping them, giving them G or mounts etc.

The experience through Legion has been disappointing. IF you came out and told us all the developing was hard due to Blizzard giving you shit with lawsuits and WArden being invested into then Im sure most of us would have stopped botting and waited for you to hopefully win the case then go full time back into making HB great.

Sadly you didnt and hopefully its a lesson learned.

I hope you win the case and get back to making HB great again or your next bot.

Just try to talk to Us (customers) more about whats going on please. I think even if its bad news, people will take it better if you just be honest with them rather than hide it and it comes out later due to banwaves, BGbuddy not working etc.

Best of luck
      Thy Fellow m89 darobbiebot

9. virtual

virtual Member

Took that from a quote here

Blizzard Aims $8.5 Million Lawsuit at Cheat Makers - PVP Live

why did bossland give up ?

10. gippy

gippy Member

11. CalifRHCP

CalifRHCP Member

The middle of the end

12. gippy

gippy Member

Thanks for the update about uk sales.

13. Ortalion

Ortalion New Member

Head's up Bossland. You will never go to the USA ... they will gain virtual 8.5 M. There are many beautiful islands where you can live and run your business ;)

I keep my fingers crossed for you

14. Xarian

Xarian Member

I enjoy that you cry about incorrect "facts" Bossland, you got whats coming to you, you yourself do nothing but bully other people with lies in lawsuits.

You should not be making these threads.

15. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Then you are free to do something instead of Bossland.

Go on ... or wait? You are just trolling here, hehe :)

16. munkafan

munkafan Member

True thing is that the person that is founder of the company will have that debt for life. It is kinda easy to go for personal bankruptcy and start over but you will always be in debt and I hope that they can trace the profit made during all this time. I am kinda enjoying this cuz of the way they have treated the customers, not only by taking away keys but even with the hazardous replies here on these forums. If you look at any other community like these you never see that hostility from the mods or creators as it is here. All the developers and creators of CR:s and profiles have had a good tone and big up to you for your dedication even though ppl have been jackasses against you sometimes. But now it's time to stop defending Bossland, they screwed you as much as they screwed their customer base.
      RIP HB

17. Xarian

Xarian Member

What you just said makes no sense, what am i suppose to do? Im just here waiting for Bossland to quit

18. Aion

Google what Ltd., GmbH, etc means and you are welcome to discuss it again here.

You are supposed to get the irony, but you dodged it.

Coming here and pretending Bossland for doing nothing is silly. As you are aware, the first Blizzard case vs. Bossland was from early 2011, or nearly 6 years ago.

Name me which botting company survived for 6 years after multi-billion corporation like Activision-Blizzard have targeted it? And not only surviving, but constantly updating, improving and increasing its portfolio of bots for the Blizzard games. It was HB first, then DB, HearthBuddy, the failed Stormbuddy beta (and it obviously failed not because of Apoc
      injunction, but the total fail of HotS game, compared to Dota2 and Lol).

And seems HB is not done yet.

Yes it could get closed soon ... or closed not. Neither of us can give this answer!

Its up to Bossland, if he is willing to share his plans for HB in the near future.

19. munkafan

munkafan Member

We can discuss this all night.
      The "president" of the the GmbH in example has personal responsibility if the person knows that there will be any financial problems.
      I personally don't think that the founder of Bossland has "goalkeepers" for this as in example organized crime syndicates.

20. Aion

Ait, the topic is huge enough to be discussed more than a night, but still.
      If the GmbH was not protecting its founders, no one would ever care to register and run GmbH companies, mate. Plus there is difference between President/Director and Owner, as you are aware.
      There is flaws in Limited, as in each type of companies, but its commonly safer for the founders than the most other types. I am running one and knows the drill.