• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Typhonus - A Cyclone Routine

Discussion in 'Archives' started by tozededao, Jul 29, 2015.

1. brycem1989

brycem1989 New Member

an eta with an update with working enduring cry mate? on the edge of my seat waiting :p

2. oskylol

oskylol New Member

anybody got this working atm or has any idea how to fix the routine? playing a fakener and its somewhat working but has so much more potential.....

3. Braizo

Braizo New Member

is it possible to use this with Reave?

i'm having problems with toon pausing between melee attacks with reave with old routine and PushedX mentioned cyclone suffers from this. Can i use this routine and just slot reave in or is it specifically name coded to cyclone and not slot 3 etc?

4. brycem1989

brycem1989 New Member

any eta on that enduring cry fix toze? I imagine all you have to do is change the logic they they changed in oldroutine like 2 patches ago I just have no idea how to do it.

5. brycem1989

brycem1989 New Member

can someone please update this routine so that it uses the new enduring cry logic in oldroutine.... would make this routine 100% better and toze seems to have dissappeared

6. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

Use notepad ++ with the compare plugin. Do a search for Enduring Cry and copy past logic across. Almost guaranteed that it'll be sitting roughly around the same spot if he based typhonus on OldRoutine originally.

7. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

'Fixes' by NON dev, to help others

Hey guys,

So as per my instructions above, I have simply copied across the sections from OldRoutine relating to Enduring Cry (per a request) as well as the aura section (so that I could run aurified Warlord's Mark).

I want to stress though, THIS IS NOT MY WORK, this is still OP's main file, just with the updated logic from Old Routine for a couple of things. I have only done this while it looks like Toze is not around to update the routine. For example, your movement and ranged attack skill will still have to be Leap Slam.

I did this because I wanted to use Cyclone for leveling, and realised that it was still running into the zero distance 'cannot attack' issue, thus dying because it just stands there. Toze's Cyclone logic, while not 100% perfect, is pretty damn close, so it was better using that. As with others though, I wanted the utility functions that Old Routine has, so I copied the two things across that related to what I wanted it to do, which I thought I'd share with others that wish to do the same but don't want to muck around with copy pasting.

Bear in mind, I'm no code wizard, the updated file works for me as far as casting HoA and Aurified curses pre battle, while using the updated EC logic during combat. I have ran this for about 4 days without issues so I assume there isn't any problems, but if there is I probably wont be able to help as I was not the author.

Anyway, here's hoping Toze can come back at some stage and properly update as it looks like he's put a lot of effort (weapon swapping etc) into this, be a shame to see it drop off.

Installation: back up your current Typhonis.cs in the folder, then copy this file into the folder as a replacement.

Attached Files:

8. brycem1989

brycem1989 New Member

nice mate thank you!

9. oskylol

oskylol New Member

Anyway to make this work with whirling blades isntead of leap slam? boting a fakener so i cant use leap slam

10. bibabaluba

bibabaluba Member

@sokylol: Look at Alcor75PlayerMover in the plugin section.

@lyvewyre: Thanks for the effort. I'll try this asap.

11. bibabaluba

bibabaluba Member

@lyvewyre: I noticed that I leapslam all the way and hardly cyclone. The combat range can't be changed. It simply puts it back to 50. The solution I found is to use the PlayerMover plugin and set Both Right and Left-mouse keys to cyclone.

Look at the improved version of jgBlack in post 23

12. oskylol

oskylol New Member

I use Alcor75PlayerMover already with oldroutine, but it doesnt work with typhonyus sadly.

13. bibabaluba

bibabaluba Member

Strange, cause it does work with mine. I'm using Typhonis + Playermover.
      Again: Simply put the leapslam in your skillbar and the left and right mousebuttons to cyclone.

14. oskylol

oskylol New Member

thats the thing, i dont use leapslam.
      daggers = no leapslam

15. razmataz

razmataz New Member

First of all, thanks a lot to Toze for creating this routine, and to everyone who posted here refining it.

I started a Cyclone CoC character and found that this wasn't exactly working as expected, so I spent some time working on the routine to make it work for my build.

The build in question is located here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1564112/page/1

The problems I was having was 1) I needed a way to keep Blade Vortex up in order to refresh the Warlord's Mark on mobs and 2) I needed a way to close distances using Whirling Blades (in addition to closing distance, this also helped when the routine would "stop" due to mobs being in combat range, but not in combat range, if that makes any sense, it also has the added benefit of keeping fortify up).

Now, I'm no code guru, but I was able to hack together a couple fixes that shouldn't interfere with standard cyclone builds. Basically it adds a condition for Blade Vortex that keeps the buff up when mobs are in range (and if you don't use Blade Vortex, nothing will change), and it adds a distance close for Whirling Blades in addition to Leap Slam (again, if you don't use Whirling Blades, it won't change anything). I fixed a small issue where if you unticked the random targetting, the routine more or less broke because it was hardcoded to use the right mouse button skill instead of the discovered Cyclone skill (and I like to use Cyclone off a keyboard button). I also cleaned up some of the logging so you have a better idea of what the routine is doing.

I used the modified .cs posted by lyvewyre (found here: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/exile...-typhonus-cyclone-routine-13.html#post2133907) as a base, and thus far have been happily farming lower tier maps without issue.

Here are the settings I use:
      [​IMG]

Now, I haven't tested this beyond the CoC build I'm using, and have found these settings yield the best results (random targeting was acting strange, sometimes causing me to spin away from mobs and dash back, spin away, etc.). That said, thanks again to Toze for starting this project and to everyone else who made it great. I made this for myself mostly and decided it'd be best to share it, so do with it what you will :)

Back up your current .cs file first of course.
      View attachment Typhonis.cs

16. oskylol

oskylol New Member

You may not be a guru but u did a rly good job! So far tested it on my fakener (coc discharge) and its working pretty good.

It allows me to remove the workaround I used to unstuck oldroutine cyclone(CWDT + Flame Dash) so I gain quite a boost in clearspeed coz my char doenst need to reposition all the time due to flamedashing constantly.
      Ill test it for about 100 maps and post some screens with my results and opinion.

Oh and ofcourse, thanks for sharing ur work man ! <3

edit; 50 maps in(time to go to sleep)
      [​IMG]

the runs were just under 4 mins but I discovered the import option in poe.trade and I was mesing with it and forgot to run the bot again :D

working pretty good_!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    17. Darox

Darox Member

Great, I am having some luck with this thanks to you guys. Much appreciated, I found that sometimes it would blade vortex into a monster, then not cyclone to kill. Happened a few times, not sure why or how to fix.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    18. razmataz

razmataz New Member

I saw this happen a few times as well, and I think its due to the pathing logic of cyclone. Basically, if you're standing right on the target the routine judges to be the "best target" it will try to path, but since you're standing on the mob, the mob distance is effectively zero, so nothing happens. You can try random targeting with tighter distances which should keep you from standing in one spot, just know it might make you cyclone away and then dash back.

Speaking of which, I noticed the routine getting stuck in trees and chests sometimes trying to dash (since unlike leap slam, it requires line of sight). I'm gonna continue to tweak around with the existing logic and maybe implement some basic stuck detection and use a movement fallback. Not sure yet, maybe this weekend when I have more time to mess around with it.

19. muuhu

muuhu Member

Did it break during the new update?

20. n3cr0m4n

n3cr0m4n New Member

Exception during routine Tick.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Typhonis.Typhonis.Tick() in c:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\xxxx\Routines\Typhonis\Typhonis.cs:line 486
      at Loki.Bot.RoutineManager.Tick(IRoutine routine)

Exception during routine Tick.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Typhonis.Typhonis.Tick() in c:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\xxxx\Routines\Typhonis\Typhonis.cs:line 486

I get this error when i use arctic armor + enchant + empower, if i remove arctic armor is working fine,

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016