• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Unique thread : Behavior improvements

Discussion in 'Hearthbuddy Forum' started by Wobble, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ericb

ericb New Member

Amani Berserker and Chillwind Yeti have low priority always and are therefore almost never played on curve. They should have normal priority.

2. ericb

ericb New Member

Ragnaros is always high priority, causing clashes with situationally high priority cards (e.g., Big Game Hunter). Perhaps there should be another level of priority such as "Must be played" (mirroring "Must not be played").

Also, when choosing to play cards of equal priority, mana efficiency should decide which card(s) is played

3. Cereal

Cereal New Member

I played Eaglehorn Bow (gives my hunter 3 attack) and if the enemy has a 3/3 taunt, it will get hung up trying to attack the hero and just keep trying to attack the hero for the entire turn and do nothing. Won't attack the taunt...

Trading is still insanely terrible for this bot, all it does is attack face. If the enemy has a 5/3 and I have a 3/1 charge, it will drop it and attack face. lol

4. DrMight

DrMight New Member

Playing Jaina, the bot used Fireblast (Hero skill) on my own minion to remove its Divine Shield, suppose you've missed something there.
      My oponent even used the 'Thank You' emote!

Anyways, I know what the word beta includes, so I just wanna say; keep up the good work.

5. ericb

ericb New Member

Opposing Emporer Cobras needs special handling so that our large minions don't attack into it.

6. ericb

ericb New Member

The bot attempts to "coin out" Mountain Giant, which isn't possible. And then proceeds to check card-in-hand priorities until timer runs out.

7. ericb

ericb New Member

This is extremely niche, but we probably want to "ignore" Millhouse Manastorm in our hand if there's an opposing Archmage Antonidas in play. Had it happen today.

edit: BTW - I don't care if this is never implemented. I just think it's funny :eek:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    8. jotd

jotd Member

9. Fibula

Fibula New Member

Bot drops Leeroy on field and attacks whelp with it ;D

He also dropped arcane golem and hit the other whelp with it. Leeroy and Arcane golem should have priority on attacking face because it's why you use them most of the times.

10. ridder654

ridder654 New Member

enemy had a 0/2 taunt up. i had a 2/1 and 4/3. bot used the 4/3 to kill taunt instead of 2/1

11. Fibula

Fibula New Member

Enemy played Onyxia - bot used all his minions to kill few whelps instead of attacking onyxia, and he had 14 attack on his board (the bot board).

Also that was probably mentioned - bot tries to attack hero with weapon when there is a opponent taunt creature. He loops and after a few tries he ends turn.

12. jotd

jotd Member

I think it would be very great for new users to have an option "casual" mode because it seems like nobody knows how to start the bot in casual mode.

13. jotd

jotd Member

Timber Wolf should be handled like Blood Imp, never trade, only attack face.

14. jotd

jotd Member

Enemy has 5 HP. I am a hunter. Enemy has no taunt creature.
      Argent Commander on the hand (4 Attack + Charge) + Champion Ability (2 dmg) = 6 dmg = enemy dead.
      Bot chooses to trade argent commander into northshire cleric.

15. jotd

jotd Member

Enemy has 5/2 minion, I have 2/1 leper gnome, he doesn't trade.

16. twistedcf

twistedcf Member

illidan logic: I would like him to have logic that he is only played when we have a taunt on the board or we can play an additional card after him same turn kind of like the coin logic if we play illidan can we play another card that second card should have any priority to make use of illidans proc. I just feel when the bot plays him on turn 6 he gets focused down so fast not utilizing its potential.

17. twistedcf

twistedcf Member

attacking a taunt logic: bot gets health of opponents taunt then logic should be this
      is attacking minions attack equal to health
      if yes then attack
      if no is attacking minions attack greater than health
      if yes attack
      if no check if theres other minions that can attack
      if yes rerun logic with new attacker
      if no attack

this should keep the bot from attacking a taunt of 5 health with a 2 attack followed by a 5 attack

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    18. twistedcf

twistedcf Member

lol I feel like light well should be on the priority kill list It's a bit op

19. ericb

ericb New Member

I Agree that a priority kill list is needed. There are several minions that just spiral out of control when left alive. Lightwell is definitely one of them. Questing Adventurer is another. It could be another layer of taunt --- like super taunt. If we treated them exactly like they had taunt that would still be a major improvement.

20. laria

laria Well-Known Member

If you can kill an enemy with a fireball, be it the magic card or the mage hero ability, the bot often wastes a polymorph card first and then still kills the same target he could have killed without polymorph as well.
      Also it often uses strong creatures like let's say a 6/5 to kill a 2/1 minion and then use our own 1/1 minion to attack the enemy hero.

Also there are moments when we have 8/10 mana and do not play additional minions like a raidleader because we are too strict about conditions.

Instead of wasting the mage hero ability to damage enemy minions the bot might also want to finish off the enemy by using friendly fire on Gurubashi Berserker - Card - Hearthstone

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014