• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Use of bots in SWtoR

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Ilovespam, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ilovespam

Ilovespam New Member

I was told by a friend that botting SWtoR was extremely dangerous (likely detected and account banned) so it was probably not a good idea to try it. I was interested in a rotation CR that is non afk as I want to be there while playing. From what I've read in many of these posts, it doesn't seem to be a problem with detection or banned accounts. I know that botting in and of itself is risky but is botting generally fairly safe if you don't over use it or do things that would likely draw unwanted attention? Thank you in advance for any help with can give me with this topic.

2. alltrueist

alltrueist Active Member

The bot isn't detected, but you can still get banned from player reports. I've been botting since 2012 and no issues whatsoever, but I don't farm much (mostly lazyraider stuff).

3. pindleskin

pindleskin Community Developer

I run many bots 24/7 and sell all credits regularly and haven't had a ban since mid 2014. Even then they stated that I was banned because of intention to sell (not botting). So its probably not detection. Maybe player reports or sending/transfering credits flag. Probably if you bot only with CR and bot doesn't do any weird stunts that other players report you, you are good to go. In other games is more dangerous to bot like D3 was (AH times) and WoW and GW2 and so on...

4. Ilovespam

Ilovespam New Member

Ok, thank you both very much for the information. I'll give it a try.

5. Alie

Alie New Member

where can I find one?