• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • VERY, VERY IMPORTANT - BuddyWing now requires .NET 4.5.1 and VC Redist 2012!

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by Aevitas, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

Starting from BuddyWing 1.0.1092.493, BW will require .NET 4.5.1 and Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012 (x86).

We've done the same for HonorBuddy and Demonbuddy, so it's only logical BuddyWing follows. This is (in part) to allow us to upgrade our memory library in the near future.

You can download the required stuff here:

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Web Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 from Official Microsoft Download Center - Web installer .NET 4.5.1
      Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center - VC Redist 2012 - Get the VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe file, x64 is optional and not required for BW
      Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center - VC Redist 2010 - You'll probably have this already. It still may be required for BW to function.

If you're getting errors or are otherwise having troubles, drop a line in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2017
    2. 17N

17N New Member

3. Developer

Developer New Member

Be sure to upgrade all the new BW files, and restart the game. Prior to this upgrade, whenever I saw that error, it meant I had to restart the game from scratch.

I hope that helps,
      -D

4. 17N

17N New Member

I dont have a c++ 2012 runtime. could that be an issue? and if yes where do i get it?

5. 17N

17N New Member

its working now after a client restart.

6. Developer

Developer New Member

Great! Per the C++ Redistributable, it's possible you already had it installed.

Cheers,
      -D

7. 17N

17N New Member

another related question:

when i load BW it might take up to 3-4 loads to get pure routine available for selection. In the previous 2-3 loads it just fetches default routine.

anyone know why is this happening and how to fix it?

EDIT: removed Razer Game Booster and it was fixed.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    8. Aevitas

Them Razer tools too strong.

9. 17N

17N New Member

out of curiousity does removing razer game booster, fixing the issue makes sense?

10. Aevitas

As far as I know they do all kinds of weird stuff with their "tools", so it very well could.

11. 17N

17N New Member

I know it's not the right place to ask but I am hoping that programmers might reply:

in main pureswtor code there is a line which basically makes sure a channeling spell or a cast is finished before the next action:

Code:
      public static Composite WaitForCast()
              {
                  return new Decorator(ret => BuddyTor.Me.IsCasting,
                      new Action(ret => RunStatus.Success));
              }
      Is there any line of code I can add to disable my movement for the duration of that cast? The reason I am asking is because when I am in control of movement I might accidentally cancel the channeling spell.

12. Aevitas

You could call Navigator.StopMoving or create a sequence using the stop moving commonbehaviour instead of returning the action right away to do that.

13. Bobaddy

Bobaddy Member

I've been experiencing random crashes. Sometimes the bot works (rarely) and the rest of the time, I get the error, "Unhandled Exception: Value cannot be null. Paramater name: path. Check log for full info." This happens whenever I click anything in the program, usually I check to see if its going to do it by setting the sell quality.

I have this problem about 80% of the time, and the other 20% the bot works flawlessly. When it works its great, I just can't ever get that to happen. I've tried everything from fresh installing, restarting both the bot and game as admin, installing on a different harddrive, changing routines, deleting my settings, deleting my compiled assmeblies, mixnig and matching all of the above, and rage quitting. None have fixed it. Here's the log that it always produces.

Code:
      [08:26:26.880 N] Starting Buddy Wing v1.0.1092.493
      [08:26:30.852 N] Logging in...
      [08:26:31.486 N] T: 5247040818336565298 H: 2496513803
      [08:26:31.486 N] Login Success!
      [08:26:32.520 D] First CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor           
      [08:26:32.520 D] OS Version: Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
      [08:26:32.520 D] App Path: V:\AY Y U DO THIS BW\Buddywing.exe
      [08:26:32.596 D] Current build number: 990722
      [08:26:32.597 D] Loading client.gom..
      [08:26:32.659 D] Loaded client.gom!
      [08:26:32.694 D] Error during NodeManager.Update()
      [08:26:32.695 D] Failed to ReadProcessMemory
      [08:26:32.699 D]    at GreyMagic.ExternalProcessMemory.ReadBytes(IntPtr address, Int32 count, Boolean relative)
         at Buddy.Swtor.Objects.Engine.Gom.()
         at Buddy.Swtor.Objects.Engine.Gom..()
         at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
         at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
         at Buddy.Swtor.NodeManager.Update()
      [08:26:32.702 N] Unhandled exception during init: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
         at Buddy.Swtor.ObjectManager.Update()
         at Buddywing.MainWindow.DoInitialization()
      [08:26:32.702 N] Buddy Wing: The Old Robot is ready!
      [08:26:38.107 D] Value cannot be null.
      Parameter name: path
      [08:26:38.108 D]    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
         at Buddy.Common.Xml.XmlSettings.Save()
         at Buddy.CommonBot.Settings.CharacterSettings.Save()
         at Buddy.Common.Xml.XmlSettings.Finalize()

I've seen several other threads of people having the same issue. Really hope this can get fixed or addressed soon, literally renders the program useless if I can't use it.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this issue.

14. Developer

Developer New Member

Hi Bobaddy,

Please post a full log, and also list which combat routine and profile you're using.

Are you running the game in a virtual machine? If so, other users with AMD processors + VMWare have reported similar problems. VMWare + SWToR + BW does work with Intel processors, but that won't help in your case.

Cheers,
      -D

15. Bobaddy

Bobaddy Member

That is the full log, but I'll upload it as well in this post, and I'm not running on a virtual machine. I've tried EVERY combat routine, nothing changes the error. Its all the same. A list of my most recent attempts include, "WingIt", "Joes", "Waltz", and DefaultCombat. This has happened on several routines, but currently I'm trying to use Mizzles Empire 10-50 on Corellia.

Thanks for the fast reply!

View attachment 2014-05-12 18.52.txt

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    16. Developer

Developer New Member

The reason I thought you might be running on a VM was this line:

My Host uses Win 7 x64, and my VMs use Win 7 x86, but my logs always show NT as the OS.

Per the combat routines, you've listed three. Are all of them installed at the same time? If so, I would recommend using just Walt's or Joe's and deleting the other two since conflicts could be the cause of your problems.

I've messaged Aevitas about this line:

That might be indicative of a profile issue, but I can't be sure. I'll post back if I learn more.

Cheers,
      -D

17. Bobaddy

Bobaddy Member

I'm running on Windows 8.1 x64. I don't have multiple combat routines installed at the same time, I've heard that causes issues. It has worked on this profile before, just recently its been especially fussy and uncooperative.

18. Bobaddy

Bobaddy Member

I got bored and figured I'd see if the bot would cooperate. Fresh installed and didn't change anything and it worked. I stopped it, switched out DefaultCombat with Joes. Same error comes back. So I change the routine to Waltz, same error. Delete the folder, re extract, run with DefaultCombat, no error. Try switching DefaultCombat out with WingIt, no error. Only problem is both of these combat routines don't cast spells all the time. Meaning, the character will sit there, eating hits from the enemy, and occasionally casting a spell with a short cooldown. There's no filler.

At least it works, I'll just hope it doesn't die too much and leave it running with this set up. Hopefully this somehow helps with figuring out whats wrong.

19. Developer

Developer New Member

I use Waltz for mine, but every class and specialization is different. I'd recommend posting in his thread to see if he might be able to help.

Good luck!
      -D

20. Bobaddy

Bobaddy Member

Any ideas why the routines work on some planets / profiles and don't on the others? I'd post on his thread, but the problem is across several routines.