• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • What caused the flag to go up?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by hgoutyt, Jan 8, 2014.

1. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

okay sooo.. not submitting a report but i have a question. i just was curious if you think its because of how i was botting or how i sold gold? i traded gold f2f from a high level toon on my account to a level 1 and got the money from my gbank in increments of 20k (because when i sold a year ago thats how they made me deposit). this feels like a bad way to trade but ive had two buyers tell me to do this.s

i just recently started farming dungeons (couple days) max running maybe 16 hours. i also know this is risky and has high ban rate but did the math and it seemed it would work out well enough.

now every account that was offline has not yet been touched. but all the ones that were got banned within an hour of trade. soo do you think a flag was raised from sale and made them see the dungeoning sooner than they would have? also background on accounts i bought 15 and each set of 5 was rafed together. between them all there were 6 servers. there were all on same pc and not in virtual machines. there were 3 from each set of rafed accounts doing this and all others were offline. i have not tried logging into them but there is no email for them like there is for the ones that were on.

i plan on starting over doing the same thing but each set of 5 on its own VM with a *** so hopefully one set being banned dosent get another set banned.

2. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

A VM isn't going to solve anything. It's the amount of gold/frequency of withdrawals/amount of withdrawals that are going to raise flags.

You answered your own question how the flag got raised. All the accounts that traded were banned. There you go. It doesn't take rocket science to come to that conclusion.

3. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

no only 2 accounts traded there were 9 on. 9 got banned different servers and what not. i figure it was the trading that sparked the investigation but i also thought there is a small chance of it being just a coincedence. the vms arent meant to stop bans all together just contain them. a lot of the accounts that were on had zero connection to any trades were just on same PC with Same IP and what not.

4. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Like I said, VM's aren't going to protect you from anything. You can get banned just as easy for buying gold as selling it. It's the transfers that matter, and nothing will protect you from that.

5. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

I understand that but how will they link accounts on VM x to accounts on VM y if ip and hardware ids are different? i understand if i make a mistake on one it will get banned no question. thats fine. but im trying to reduce ammount that get hit when that does happen.

6. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

You aren't paying attention to what I'm saying. THE TRADING/WITHDRAWALS ARE FLAGGING THE ACCOUNTS. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO PROTECT THE ACCOUNTS, BLIZZARD WILL STILL BE ABLE TO TRACK THE WITHDRAWALS. THEY CAN BAN YOU FOR THE GOLD TRANSACTIONS, ESPECIALLY IF THE TRANSACTIONS ARE COMING FROM A FLAGGED ACCOUNT.

Do you understand now?

7. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

Ok yes i get that and i knew that im not saying im gonna stop them from banning my accounts i trade with or even accounts that supply that account. Im saying that if i have 10 accounts and 5 are on one server and 5 are on another. And these account have no way at any point interacted with one another or traded then putting one set of 5 on one VM and 5 on the other if the first set gets investigated than blizz cant find the other set of 5 based on any information obtained from the first set. so yes the transactions will get me and any account linked banned most likely but it wont effect the account on the other vm until they make a transaction.

I also hear that you are saying thats why the accounts i had banned today were banned and i agree but i wanted to hear others opinions. there were only 2 accounts that traded and there were some that had not as i said interacted with the others. So they were obviously found via ip or hardware ids. These accounts and any accounts on their server had never traded any gold it was all being saved up slowly in the Gbank. So im saying if these accounts were on a VM they may not have been traced.