• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • What is everyone doing who got the warnings?

Discussion in 'Pokefarmer Forum' started by pokerumpo, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

I'm just curious what people have decided to do with the accounts getting warnings? I've been logging in on the phone for the last couple of days to lay low, but I do have a few more 'mon I want to pick up with that account. Mostly it needs to walk and hatch some eggs for me, as I am missing some baby pokemon.

So...what is everyone else doing? I'd rather not lose the account, since most of the catches are legitimate "hand catches" because even when using pokefarmer I prefer to walk around manually and pick and choose my catches. But are most people just ignoring the messages and continuing to bot? Should I wait for the message to go away when I log in on the phone and then bot "safely" again? Really, I can just do laps around the same area where I play manually most of the time...wondering if I would be better to just keep that account on the phone now and play legit or not.

2. CAcove

CAcove Moderator Moderator

3. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

I know you feel that way, thanks for the input. However, even if these messages are "scare tactics" they are targeted specifically at people who have used third party apps. ZERO of the people I know who have not used a 3rd party app have even seen this message.

So, whether there is substance behind these messages or not remains to be seen. I hope not. But they are aimed at the people here, and in other bot/IV forums.

4. kenjunior

kenjunior New Member

Wife has received the messages, she only uses Fly and some screen overlay to check IVs. I'm not sure about the "bot detection" or third party app detection but neither of these two apps directly touches the Niantic account.

5. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

Interesting, do those perform a mitm on the pokemon and read the stats that way? Could the packets/info get modified somehow if they were using an old API and messing up the data somehow?

Personally, I don't understand why Pogo/Niantic care about us knowing the IV ratings and whatnot, I feel like those being public is just more fun/challenge of going and finding a better pokemon. I don't even really care what the IV is since I don't really do gym battles because in my area they only last about 10 minutes.

6. kenjunior

kenjunior New Member

It's an overlay, you have to manually enter listed information of the 'mon and slide the slider to match, check a couple of check boxes that you get the info from PoGo app prior to bringing up the overlay. It's actually pretty slick way to circumvent actually using your account credentials to check IV. Other than Fly GPS, she's been playing it legit, if you can say that 'kinda cheating' is legit. :)

I'm not sure but I can only assume Niantic can detect overlays???

7. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

That would be really crappy for people who use things like FB Messenger and it has the overlay for chat faces etc.

Cool idea for the IV checking though.

8. RukkendeHollander

RukkendeHollander New Member

I can't login my account anymore..

I think I got the message about a week ago for the first time. I played legit since then, and the basterds still banned me

9. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

Did you get the actual ban message or just can't login? PTC login servers are down right now, so likely no worries.

But...it makes you wonder what the Niantic boys are upgrading with their text fixes today...

10. RukkendeHollander

Is there a actual ban message?

I got unable to authenticate message.

Ptc server down? Really?
      Ques I can reinstall the game and try later again.

Lol

11. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

Yeah, if you're banned they give you a special screen, and sometimes an email shows up telling you.

12. RukkendeHollander

I already lost 2 accounts. 1 Google and 1 ptc..

Never got a special message or email

13. char9527

char9527 New Member

Twitter
      twitter's info
      We’re currently looking into Pokémon Trainer Club log-in issues and are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience.

14. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

I've not seen the ban screen myself, the only accounts I had banned were scanning accounts I never logged in with. I did get emails saying my accounts were suspended. You can google the ban screen though, there are plenty of pictures of it.

15. tvsian

tvsian Member

I'm holding off on botting at the moment, my key was just about up anyway.

I started up 3 accounts after the last banwave. One that has been used exclusively on a phone (with Pogo+ and Apple watch usage) is level 17-ish, no warnings.

But 2 bot accounts, both mid-20s, both logged on from a (different) phone to catch their starters, pick teams, and customize avatars; 1 using PF and the other using a different bot (but one that uses Bossland's API) got warnings.

I'm not touching those two except for occasional logging in from a phone to catch 1 or 2 Pokemon, spin a Pokestop, and see if the warning goes away. I want to see if they survive until trading is implemented, and see if dumping their good stuff to my phone-only account hurts anything.

16. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

That's kind of where I landed also, and my bot account is almost exactly what you did. Started on a phone to like level 4/5 and then Bluestacks for awhile, and then PF and phone mix.

I also want it to make it to trading so I can get a handful of those rare pokemon that just don't show up here. However, I worry that Niantic will just say "Trades before 'XX/XX/XXXX' date don't work...only new pokemon can be traded" or something like that. At that point, my bot account is just a fun thing to look at. :-D

17. CAcove

CAcove Moderator Moderator

Pokerumpo, if you are going to continue to fight and argue with us you can just log out of the forums. I am here to supply the facts, not argue with you about what you THINK might be the case. The fact is innocent/legit and non legit accounts alike are being hit with this message. It's not how I feel its just the facts, sorry that you don't like the answer, sorry that we cant explain why Niantic does 90% of the BS that they do, but these are facts, so please curb your argumentative attitude and respect what the guys who are doing the work on the product actually know. That said, I respect anyone who chooses to play it cautious for their own peace of mind. We are still rechecking our coding almost daily here and can once again confirm that PF itself is not detectable, and that these scare tactics are client side only.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.