• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • What Kind of Company is bossland GmbH

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by qzt, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Elyzol

Elyzol Member

it appears to me that people always forget about this point

also: to those "demanding" this and that. wouldn't it be horribly stupid to write down what excactly has changed in warden/on blizzards side and how to circumvent it? we are in an open forum after all...
      a possibility would be to have longer down times. but would it change something? patch comes out and 5 mins after server downtime WITH a patch being installed on wow people still post "hb doesn't work, duh"

next point: who really cares for how bossland makes money as long as HB stays alive? even with 6mo between bans it's just a mathematical question wether or not your botting account has payed off.

third point: who is still botting on their main account? i mean seriously, are there still idiots around? being physically disabled is one thing and i would give cudos to blizzard if there was a way to make it so that those people are legally allowed to bot. but being mentally challenged in such a way as to use bots and the like on their main is just... wow.

2. Madcatz

Madcatz Member

So wtf is with teh comment from Ruphus saying that the bot was detected for 2-3 weeks before the ban an bossland didnt do anything about taken it down if it was known.mybe he should have worded it a little diffrent.

3. eyesopen

eyesopen Member

and it's far more than 2-3 weeks. why hb3 ? more secure ? new tripwire ? no

4. Ksexasiaris

Ksexasiaris Member

I was using HB since cataclysm and I was heavily botted in almost every aspect of the game... Yes I got banned after 3+ years of using it and that is fine... Bot is not safe, I knew that this may be coming.

But there is a difference when you get a ban over a 1-2 years and different if you get a ban before the month is over... The devs know this.. the lost.. they got detected.. They should either close the bot and come up with a new and better one (professional move) or continue milk customers with a product that is just a time bomb in the hands of the customer and the clock say "less than a month".

5. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Because it needed a code rewrite.

6. ski

ski Well-Known Member

We knew it was detected for 2-3 weeks AFTER the ban, based on times of last bot activity on banned accounts. If we knew in advance, tripwire would have been turned on.

7. Kaffee

Kaffee Member

Tripwire is an automatic process, they don't "activate" anything, it just happens. The problem this time is that Blizzard has found a way to detect HB (and all other bots) injection method and went ham banning users. Some got banned, some got just flagged, but the ban was inevitable.

8. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Not really. Tripwire's automatic flagging rarely happens. It is used more as a manual global deactivation of every bot when we find out something has gone wrong. It is very much able to be turned on manually. like it is right now. Also, "this time" is misleading - it's been the same thing every 6 months when Blizzard decides to do a banwave to appease the community. They could detect it every day if they wanted to.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016