• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • What to run to maximize paragon lvls as barb?

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by qwerq, Sep 15, 2015.

1. qwerq

qwerq New Member

What to run to maximize paragon lvls? Atm I am running WW (2BK/6Waste) and GR50. Is Hota better? Is higher/lower Grifts worth it? Gear is equal for both specs.

2. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Make sure you are also using a max red gem in helm with leorics crown in cube. Either build is fine so long as you are getting ~5 minute clears on GR50, if not then can drop it down to GR45.

3. insanitised

insanitised Member

What you are running is pretty much optimal.

4. qwerq

qwerq New Member

Is there a plugin to monitor completion times, exp/h etc.? I guesstimate that it takes more like 8-9 minutes to clear a GR50, but the gear is good enough for a GR64 manual clear so I dont think gear is an issue really.

5. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

I think adventurer does record the time taken, I suppose you could pull the times out of the log into a spreadsheet if you were really that bothered.

Search your logs with "total time" and you should see some

6. Bamse

Bamse Member

I've been botting GR57 effectively at 35-42 billion xp/h as hota barb for almost a week now, usually takes from 6-12 mins per run depending on density.
      Before I started botting hota I couldnt get effectively past GR48 as WW.

7. evilking

evilking Member

How do you see your xp/hour ? 35-42b / hr seems a bit high to me, as clearing gr57 in 6min ?? We need proof ! :)

8. qwerq

qwerq New Member

Exactly, everyone is just throwing huge numbers around and I some what doubt you clear gr57s in 6 minutes. Thats borderline impossible to average even as manual playing...

9. Bamse

Bamse Member

Well you want proof, today I started the bot at 15:30, when I came back 21:30 the bot had been running for 6 hours and I had gained exactly 7 paragon lvls, at my current paragon lvl (863) I need about 30 billion xp each lvl.

So, 7 lvls x 30 billion = 210 billion xp needed. Divide 210 billion xp by 6 hours played and u get 35 billion xp per hour.

Simple math can tell how much xp u gain, and its also the most guarenteed way to get correct numbers. Usually tho I use TurboHUD to track xp/h and that also shows the same as my math.

Im running the most common hota build with my modifications to make sure I have enough toughness to not die without a monk.

10. CoinPurseNibbler

CoinPurseNibbler New Member

+1

Some of the claims I've seen here regarding barb xp/hour are completely unsubstantiated. I'm not quite perfectly optimal yet but with almost all ancient gear+weapons, I've been completing 45s running WW barb efficiently. I see anywhere from 20mil-25milxp/hour sustained with this setup+grift level. Although, I am interested in trying the HOTA+50-55s as this plausibly seems the most efficient.

If your going to make claims about your xp/hour, post screenshots at the least and ideally detailed setup info.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    11. evilking

evilking Member

We all ancient items, HOTA build, and good setup i can tell you i'm doing 22b / hr, with T10 rift + Grift50 (the bot alternate because i have no keys)

Maybe Bamse, you did only grift for 7 hours ?

What i'm going to do is speed farm normal rift to get tons of keys and then run a full night of only grift 50 and i will tell here my results.

12. Bamse

Bamse Member

I use WW barb to speed farm keys in T8 rifts. I usually farm 200-300 keys before I switch to my hota barb to run GRs all day long.

13. akma

akma Member

Im posting relistic feedback I test runs out daily , will talk about paragon lvling guide
      Grift 48-53 = best exp for most barb ( 40-50 ww runs faster if you have decent ww gear)
      grift 53-55 = Good exp if all ancient that are good and if ur paragon lvl is high
      I'm currently running 56-57 for gem upgrade but its not as fast exp as 53-55s I use alteration when i do 55 + where i change all armor gem to diamond (But i still use red gem + leoric since i have good bracer of first men) and esteric gem
      56-57 for me with these build which my gear are almost all ancients perfect ( played barb only from paragon 300) but anyways idk how he runs 6 min grift 57s... as i average 9-11 min average. As barb build tester id like to see
      what alteration you are doing compared to mine that can boost time so much since my gears are almost all perfect maybe ur paragon is like 1500s =)
      Just to give basic items stat i have
      20/100/9 hellfire ,
      950/900/50/10 glove
      987/910/15%hamer helmet
      622/636/15% hammer
      20%fire 621/598 6crit (197 hammer dmg) first men bracer
      640/620 ik belt
      648/649/14% life ik chest
      621/650 ik pants
      620/610 /15% life/ 20%area shoulder fury of ancient
      6/50/6 focus 640/50/6 restraint
      4287 1398/1340 38% increase hamemr dmg
      Gems = taeguk, pain enhancer, estrotic ,bane of trapped lvl 70s all .
      Now i know its not PERFECT but this is fairly high end barb gear with paragon 990s but w.e. you are doing 6 min amazing for 57s =)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    14. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Use bane of the trapped rather than esoteric alteration. With unity and together as one you should still be tough enough. Also it wouldn't surprise me if he used strongarm in cube rather than crown- but for XP farm crown will always win

15. akma

akma Member

Nope using unity doesnt help i die in 57s fairly often without gem when i meet arcane or fire elites when met two ancients at once which often happens during game and this is from full day testing

16. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

So what are you using in cube?

17. Bamse

Bamse Member

18. akma

akma Member

Ok i have more toughness and more dps and almost similar setting except gem usage but ill test it out once again for better result but 6 min i doubt ill get
      I do appreciate your posting!