• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • What's happening?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by pheraxx, Nov 17, 2016.

1. pheraxx

pheraxx Member

Hey guys I took a look at the ban section and saw that alot of people are banned for gathering herbs so i don't really know whats happening do you think that they are detecting us? I am wondering should i stop my farmers?

2. whatcha413

whatcha413 Member

Yes stop your farmers. I Need more space :D

3. whatcha413

whatcha413 Member

most likely flagged from suicide botting. other than that few reports aint big deal

4. frodzet

frodzet Member

Blizzard found a way to sneak past the tripwire provided by the honorbuddy staff, this has caused a very huge portion of the community here at honorbuddy to have their account suspended. The staff has provided changes to the tripwire and their overall security of the bot as mentioned in this thread: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honor...16-announcements-post2344538.html#post2344538

For the time being i suggest you stop using the bot for automated processes without your absence, people are getting banned just for using Combat Bot and Raid Bot at the moment. The latest honorbuddy release with supposed fixes have not been public for long enough for anyone to feel safe. Use the bot with caution, the chance of being caught is a bigger now than ever.

Edit:
      HonorBuddy have probably always been detected by Blizzard, but Blizzard is a business like any other business, money is their first priority. Whether this money is paid by Botters or by legit users Blizzard don't care about (even though they claim it), however, when a big portion of the players are using third-party programs the legitimate players begins to leave the game and unsubscribe leading to a reduction in salary.

Now the big issue for Blizzard at the moment is that they have introduced WoW tokens, an ingame token that can be used to claim a one month subscription, it can be bought and sold on the auction house for gold. So basically botters, if set right, can farm enough gold to freely add a monthly subscription each month, thus causing Blizzard to lose money. So a few botters increases Blizzard's salary, but as the botting community expands, the money chart starts to drop and a ban wave is initialized.

While Blizzard claim that they do their absolute best to keep up with the botting community, i doubt it is more than just a scheme, to keep legitimate players playing. Blizzard is not stupid and they have very likely always had the upper hand. There's a reason our accounts are rather suspended than permanently banned.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    5. Schuetzy

Schuetzy Member

Gathering profiles generally lead to quick bans, since the hotspots are run so often by all the farmers. Easy pickings. Your farmers WILL be banned eventually, whether it's today or a few months from now.

6. pheraxx

pheraxx Member

Thanks for all the info, i know that i will be banned at some point that's pretty obvious, but i just bought them lately so i was wondering if there's a way to detect us even easier than usual just to stop for a few days until everything is okay. But seems like the time will show it.