• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Who wants an alternative to GB2?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jul 4, 2013.

1. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

So after loosing my last 3 farming accounts to bans I've decided to do try something a little different.

Background:
      I had my last 3 farming accounts gathering herbs and ore in different zones, using personal profiles, and randomized way points. I do not believe I was banned due to player reports, these accounts were monitored 100% of the time, they ran for 2-5 hours at a time over the last couple of weeks. The most recent was banned after only a few days, but, this could have been the result of being flagged on the other accounts which were running for longer.

Moving forward:
      Farmer Joe. (Not to be confused with one of my old CCs). Farmer Joe is my attempt at an alternative to Gatherbuddy. How is it different? No profiles, well, not really, there are no paths to follow as such. How does it work? You start by adding a couple of initial way points (ideally on opposite ends of the zone), this gets Joe moving across the map and as Joe moves across the map he discovers new nodes, each time a new node is found this location is added to the list. The list of node locations is randomized and Joe visits each one only once per "cycle". The more times an object is harvested from a general location, the more chance Joe has of visiting the location. Of cause, if you were a player you'd be frequently visiting high repop locations.

So... what do you think?

EDIT: Currently I have a farming flying around a zone gathering nodes perfectly. It is far from ready but the concept is sound and in my opinion perfectly achievable.

Keldorn and buzzerbeater like this.
    2. icefrost

icefrost New Member

sounds good , i myself am having the same issues with my bot accounts , the last one was monitored 100% and farmed 2 hours using random profiles 1 hour break 2 hours random 2 hour break 2 hours random - offline 10 hours strict routine and it only lasted 3 days b4 perm ban so anything at this time to help us from getting banned .

3. fpsware

I will be including user definable "random go AFK" features. No one farms for 2+ hours without stopping and going AFK at some point. The whole idea is to replicate normal human behavior as much as possible.

4. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

Sounds like a great idea fp, but are we sure bans are coming from repetitions of gatherbuddy? I just find it weird that some people bot for so long and dont get bans while some of us only last a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TheBuddyForum mobile app

5. zonpan2lol

zonpan2lol New Member

Honestly, after such long time using honorbuddy I'm convinced that it's neither's GB2 Fault nor GatherBro's fault. It's 80% user mistake under these categories:

-Transfer of materials from farmer account to crafter account is too obvious (mail or gbank obviously means they are cooperating), makes it easier to catch a bot network.
      -Pure farming accounts are going to get flagged/banned one way or another. I don't think it's remotely possible for a player to only log into one account to farm for some hours EVERY day, no matter how many hours. Hell, even 20 minutes seem like too much of manual farming for me.

Having a new Botbase won't change any of the previous, it's simply up to the user to set up new botting habits and routines. Changing actions is a big plus. Let's say, gather -> pvp -> grind instances -> pvp -> gather -> LFR -> gather and so on. Of course it's going to be a pain in the ass and almost not worth it for profit, but it's pretty much the only way I can think of to really avoid a ban.

BUT then again, I could be totally wrong and your botbase will save the world.

Edit: Thought about it again, reduced the 100% to 80% because I do think the bot pathing is rather quite stupid and bottish. And so is the mailing routine.

6. fpsware

I partially have to agree with this, But .... when I used to farm manually I'd spend in excess of an hour flying around a zone farming ore/herbs. I would take breaks from time-to-time though, Likewise, I'd send all my mats to the guild bank or post them to another character for processing. This is perfectly normal behavior for a human player. But doing this for 3+ hours without a break and sending stack upon stack of goods day in and day out is obviously a bot.

Once I have Farmer Joe working to a point where I believe its more human like then I'll set up a few farmings and see how things go. If I get banned then so be it, the project will never be released to the public and I'll continue using GB2.

7. Liferose

Liferose New Member

Detection methods are a rather open-ended topic. I've had a GM teleport to me in an invisible mode to look at a visual defect (it was the bug where you could stain your character image into the server using the lightbringer tabard), and who knows they don't sit in the heavy gathering areas and watch / ban people while answering tickets? You can't truly know.

IMO, the first thing players and people will notice is how the bot navigates. It's incredibly easy to see, especially how it gathers. Surely using custom profiles and these newer generated ones will help, but I think it's just one of the more minor problems.

8. anthony123

anthony123 Member

Sounds great Fpsware, the "random go AFK" features will give it a more human look. I personally would prefer an alternative to GB2. Keep up the great work :)

9. zonpan2lol

zonpan2lol New Member

Could you also add a "random mailing" feature? Like, it picks a random minimum of free bag slots and when that treshold is reached the bot will go and mail some of the stuff (maybe not all of it to make it less predictable). Just saying, maybe the same for gbank deposit.

10. tsincaat

tsincaat Member

Sounds like a good idea. Name reminds me of Farmer John bot, old bot for wow that got shutdown by blizz.

11. dominic.e

dominic.e New Member

Sounds really good fp ;) hope it will work.
      Maybe you can make a list where the user can select zones, which the bot will farm.
      So you may select Tonlong and Vot4W, and the bot flies to tonlong and looks for herbs and ores and afther a amount of time or sth similar the bot will fly to vot4w or other selected zones.

12. fpsware

Fantastic idea! ... I thought of it about 60 minutes ago and I'm already playing around with this :p

13. fpsware

Automatically populating nodes (call them way points if you'd like) is working perfectly.

I started a character in a new zone, I added 2 nodes one at each end of the zone. I checked on it 15 minutes later and it was up to 35 nodes.

So when it was started with only 2 nodes it was simply moving backwards and forwards between them, 15 minutes later it was automatically roaming around the entire zone.

14. 1101011

1101011 Member

Hmm You start with a set of 2 locations and hey fly between these locations ? Say L is the Set of Node Locaions L =(a,b) and you routing algorithm route(start,end) to calculate the route?
      The Set of Nodes increases after time -> L=(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h). The Problem could be the randomisation. If the distance between these nodes is the same as the distance within the alphabet (in this example excatly one) you could get a set like L=(g,a,h,b,c,d,e,f). Now g and a would be on the oposite side of the map. This could be good to discover new nodes but it wouldn't be human. I guess no human would ever fly something else as a short distance between two nodes (not exactly the shortest distance).

I would guess that it isn't important to be human like, I guess it would be more important not to trigger the bot detection algorithmis from the posted paper.
      I guess your example would work as long as you randomizeyour set after a time x and not only when inserting it to the node list.

Maybe an improvement would be using only nodes for the way calulcation (if the size of your list is bigger as an value z) if there distance is lower than an other value y.
      As example if you have more than 100 nodes there is no need to discover new nodes (human ways also don't covery every node). Then you only need to farm and no human would fly vom A0 to A8 to D0 to D8. L=(a,g,h,f...) and start value is a and the value is "3" you could check. a-g -> bigger as 3 so take next one.

Only my surface impression of your idea ;-) If you say I'm wrong I'm wrong :p

15. fpsware

Here is another example of how it [will] work.

You start with 2 locations, A & B, both points are at opposite ends of the zone. During the period of (lets give it plenty of time here) 90 minutes the bot discovers another 100 points. So it has ~100 points in total now. Each time the bot visits a point it removes that location from the list of points to visit, it does this until you have 0 points left to visit. It then randomizes the order of the points and starts over again, rinse and repeat this process for a while.... New points are only added if they are >50 yards from any existing point already in the list.

From here, things start to get optimized a little. After its been collecting nodes for a while a pattern starts to form of the most populated areas, some locations have higher density of nodes and repop faster than others. These clusters are then combined into a single point - instead of having 10 points.

The goal behind it is to visit high repop areas more frequently, as a human player would do, and less frequently the areas with lower repop rates.

Does that answer your question - if there was one - or provide you with any more information?

16. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

I hope your idea goes well GB2 just isn't up to the standard it once was.

17. tifreak

tifreak New Member

Cheer fpsware :)

I wish, that your Bot will show this buddyteam how a gatherbot should be work. Your concept are my ideas, what i gave the buddyteam as feedback for a better gatherbot but this team does not do anything... what a farce...

But now to your concept:

1.Please notice that u find a new way to built in a new movement routine / unstuck routine

2.Built in, that the toon can move to "underground" nodes in caves or what ever

3. Combine 2 Bots in One, make it that the user have a option, use only Gathering, use Gathering and find artifacts what are on the way to the next "Point", gather & Dungeon , Gather & Bg - normal player make more then gathering, mostly farms when they are waiting for a group for pvp or find artifacts

4.Built in options for:
      - Avoid Players
      - Avoid Combat near node / elite on nodes
      - Decline for group invites
      - make landing near node more random, maybe land near node 1-7 yards and walk to the node (no player lands everytime to the same distance)

Your other ideas are great :)

I hope, you make a great new Bot - it is so unbelivable, that the community must make the work for the DEV Team...

18. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

make sure you alter the movement/dismounting/approachingnode alltogether, the only "weak" point of gb2 in my eyes.

19. fpsware

My bot uses HB's Flightor, so the same movement and unstuck behavior applies.

This is an option I'm considering.

While this is a good idea its unlikely to as this would require the development of TWO botbases built into one and that would be too much work.

I will be adding options for avoid nodes with players / elites near by. Decline group invites can easily be handled by addons and other such tools. Landing and other such tasks ALREADY have some randomization to it, I added this last night before bed, I still need to test it and ensure its working as intended.

20. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

then it nearly won't make any significant difference.

now i'm sad :(