• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Who wants an alternative to GB2?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jul 4, 2013.

1. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

Movement, this is mostly up to how Flightor does it. There is nothing I can really do about that.

Dismounting & approaching, I've added a bit of randomization to this already.

2. fpsware

What about the movement don't you like?

3. tifreak

tifreak New Member

Yes that u will use the HB Flightor that will a very hard point.

Take a look on Gatherbro of Phelon, he make a own Movement and unstuck routine, what i will say is, it is possible to built in an own nav.

U dont need two botbases, maybe u find a way to combine maybe bgbuddy and archaelogybuddy. If the user choose the option to gather and make archaelogy, then activate archaelogybuddy if a digsite is near (maybe 100yards or 150yards). The positive point is, that the toon got more random ways :)

Yes fpsware, your bans was not from playerreports. Playerreports are possible, but the most dangerous thing is the serverside detection. But i have no idea how it works. it works in old areas like bc. LCP is one point but i am not sure with LCP, i thing LCP only is very dangerous for Blizzard because normal players can be false detected. I thing, they analyse the behaviour of our movement, landing and flying. Maybe u find a way, that u press time by time a movement key like w a s d ; combine w a s d with ctm.

And another idea is, that the toon should be teleport back with her HS to her town and then go afk for maybe 10-30 minutes. That will normal player do if they go eat :) Not only afk while farming in farming zones :)

4. tifreak

tifreak New Member

fpsware , i think randomstraw means this shitty zigzag unstuck, zigzag movement which hb use to flight to the node and maybe hb fly very stupid.

Maybe u take a look to ezbo* , then u see a different to the hb flightor :)

5. fpsware

I just had a look at GatherBro, I wasn't aware of this project.

But as it turns out people are still getting banned using this botbase too. So this validates the questions I was ultimately trying to answer; which was will using another gathering botbase result in a ban, and the answer is yes.

6. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

i mean the whole way flightor works.

even if a "player flies by" you know if its a bot or not. i don't give a shit bout zigzagging as thats fixed by a plugin.

7. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

Tbh I think that randombuddy and gatherbro simply lower the banrate and that all you are trying to do is lower the banrate aswell.

It's very hard not to get banned when there's a system simply banning everyone legit or unlegit that crosses a line or not if we knew what caused it then it would probably be a easy fix but we don't.

Farm less if you don't want a ban if you can't farm less then you just have to accept the risk which will always be there.

If you're serious about the project then it shoulden't matter if you need more time to operate additional botbases into it as grinding/dungeons becouse I personally think it's more legit to dungeon for 2 hours grind for 1 quest for 1 and gather for 3 then to gather for 7 hours straight and ofcourse it doesn't help if you have the bot movement of gatherbuddy which makes it easy for a gm to know you're a bot.

8. tifreak

tifreak New Member

Yes that are true, but it seems it make the risk a little bit less then the normal GB2. And i think thats the result, that Blizz have maybe a really heavy LCP method. If u follow your route with random hotspots (maybe 30 yrd) then Blizz see that u do the same for x hours. But a normal player will do in his time other complete different ways, makes other things like bg?s oder go afk. No normal player will farm x hours without go afk. Sure u can be logout but what player will allways logout if he can go afk...

i am happy about that u do a really new botbase - you are may only hope that we can farm in the future without serverside detection, but okay reports are possible and that is the only risk which we have allways in the past and thats not so bad, because if we loose 1-3% of our toons in a week we can level up, but a 70-100% Kill rate are too bad to farm again.

9. 1101011

1101011 Member

Thanks for the explenaton, this answers every question I had ;-)

10. thedon19

thedon19 Member

Do you think the lack of chat could influence ban rates? Eg botting for multiple hours and barely talking?

11. fpsware

No, because not everyone uses in-game chat. I personally use TeamSpeak / Vento and and almost never talk in-game.

12. fpsware

Currently working so far....

Automatically finding new nodes and adding way points across the zone.
      Blacklisting; won't harvest nodes from a user defined radius in a blacklisted area.
      Random AFK; fully user definable time periods. My test values were min:1 max 5: Max AFK: 97 seconds. Result: After 3m 45 sec went AFK for 46 seconds.
      Random values for mounting, dismounting, distance to and from nodes, etc. Anything where a random value can be used is being used. Though, I'll be adding a few more of them throughout.

On the to do list:
      Mail, guild bank, vendor.

Does anyone have any nifty or unique features you'd like to see added?

13. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, this idea sounds great. I haven't done any farming on any of my accounts since bans started happening more frequently with farming toons. I'm living the dangerous life botting on my main, I know, so I limit using what can get me banned quickly and easily. Anyway, I have several toons that could really use the herbs and ore, and I'd be highly interested in a bot base like this that resembles human playing as closely as possible. The only downside is that I've read that even non-botting players are getting banned for farming herbs and ore. So, something tells me that Blizzard needs to adjust their guidelines for banning resource farmers. Before I found botting, I would farm for several hours on end a few years ago, but if ANYONE does that now (botter or not) they get a warning, then a ban. But, aside from all of that, I'd be more than willing to try this out Fpsware. I use all of your projects with the exception of LazyBoxer, and that's only because I only have one account. They've all worked really well when you had them up and going.

14. zonpan2lol

zonpan2lol New Member

I asked if you could add a feature to randomize the mailing / gbank routine.

Example:

Allow the user to use a threshold for minimum bag slots before mailing. And along with this a randomization factor. So if the user says for example 20 free bag slots treshold and has a randomization factor of 10 then it will decide mathematically when to mail / deposit stuff. After the stuff is sent the bot picks a new threshold. Since you aren't using profiles this seems like a decent idea.

15. fpsware

Yeah, thats on the to do list already. I'll be adding as much randomization as possible.

16. zeldrak

If you were to put your current progress into a percentage bar, what would the percentage of completion be? Somewhere in the neighborhood of ... ?

17. fpsware

Currently I'm considering this a low priority project; I have multiple projects currently under way with promised deadlines that I must adhere to. Farmer Joe is being worked on when i have free time.

In maybe 3-4 weeks when I've completed all outstanding work I'll put more time into this.

EDIT: While it is currently working now, gathering resources and performing the most basic of functionality I'm not willing to release a public copy just yet.

18. zeldrak

Fair enough. I was just curious to see how far along you were on it. Good luck with the other projects though. If I could be a fly on your wall, so to speak, lol.

19. fpsware

Far enough along that I'm already using it instead of GB, but not far enough that I can leave it AFK for too long.

20. xio8up

xio8up New Member

gb2 = get banned 2 :p