• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Who wants an alternative to GB2?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jul 4, 2013.

1. M3th0s

M3th0s New Member

I think we might be onto something here!

-Random Blizzard GM: "Let's follow that guys he looks suspicious!"
      -Random Blizzard GM#2: "Ahaha look he just launched himself off a cliff!! HILARIOUS!"
      -Random Blizzard GM: "Nah that guy can't possibly be a bot...Don't think they do that?"

Ahahah maybe keep it as a feature: "Throw character off cliffs to ward against GMs?"
      xD

2. Kjin

Kjin New Member

There is just one thing that I wonder right now:

Many people, even with randomization plugins get banned gathering.
      I believe there is something they use to ban called "behaviour detection", so basically they do this:

An account gathers 12 hours a day, does not raid, does not bg, only gathers 12 hours a day, for one month straight, every single day.
      1-4 Weeks and your account will get banned. I don't really know what exactly to do against that pattern detection.

3. knox86

knox86 Member

You are the man.... great project.... if this work ill love you... lol

4. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

If someone is going to run their account like that then they deserve to get banned. No amount of work on a gathering botbase is going to fix that.

5. fpsware

You already love me :p

6. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

No but making the account last longer is more profit for people like me who run it long hours :p.

It just isn't that profitable at a few hours gathering a day.

7. fpsware

So what you need is something that will: harvest for 2 hours, instance for 30 minutes, do archeology for 30 minutes, then harvest for another 2 hours?

Its called Asian child labor. :)

8. knox86

knox86 Member

Ey fps if you want i can help you test this... i have a lot free time....

9. fpsware

Enough said.

10. Kjin

Kjin New Member

Is the bot actually capable of running dungeons without you supervising it, DungeonBuddy is not fully functional is it?
      Just wondering ;)!

11. M3th0s

M3th0s New Member

Pro tip, please read thread title before making these questions?
      Here let me help: "Who wants an alternative to GB2?"
      If that still does not answer your question, maybe you should not post in forums.
      Regards

12. Kjin

Kjin New Member

Yeah thank you for that answer, really helped a lot :)!

I understand the post was a little off-topic, but since it was a question following up my post before, I felt that it'd be alright to post that question in this thread.
      I did read about the issue now though and know that it does stuck from time to time.

Regards

13. M3th0s

M3th0s New Member

Taking into account that the thread is for a GB2 replacement and has nothing to do with dungeonbuddy I don't see how your question is even relevant here?
      Sorry if I am completely missing the point.

14. Kjin

Kjin New Member

Well it's probably not relevant as a single question, but since it followed up my post before that I feel like it's okay to post that question.
      Also since FPSware is a community member with lots of knowledge I found the question to be best answered by him personally.

So to sum it up: Yes I couldve posted that question in a new thread. But I feel it was okay to post it here.

Kind Regards

15. crowley6

crowley6 New Member

Several things that I have noted, when I am manually farming, I have a very hard time seeing herbs sometimes, and land near the node then have to look around for it, while the bot always, regardless of visibility of nodes (ie. hidden behind bushes, around the other side of trees, at the bottom of a hill instead of the top, etc) goes straight for it, without any hesitation. This to me is a dead give away.

I'd like to see a lot more human behavior in gathering, and I think this is a step in the right direction. I use addons in WoW when gathering that mark node locations while farming, so it is perfectly normal to manually run a route while farming, but flying in a circle, dismounting 5 clicks above a node and going straight to it without having to "look for it" is very bottish, can you possibly add some random movement, turning, or some other similar behavior that appears like it is hunting for the node instead of always knowing exactly where it is?

The flying routine is extremely bottish, and I don't know if anyone has ever tried to use click to move while flying, but I don't think it is possible to click on a point in the sky. Did anyone ever think that they can see where you click to move, since all of this information is sent to the server on every click to validate whether it is a valid location or not? If I was a GM and I checked the logs and saw a bunch of click paths in the sky, I would easily be able to tell that it isn't a person clicking in the sky, because it isn't possible. It is for this reason that I will never use flying to farm, that and the reason mentioned above where it lands in the exact location of the node, regardless of whether it is visible or not.

One last thing to note, I very often chat with guild members, friends, and family while farming to keep from scratching my eyes out with boredom, or do other things, like mill herbs, create inks, clean up my bags/inventory, bg's, dungeons, etc. the point is, I very very rarely ever JUST FARM, and I don't know anyone who does for any length of time. I had to manually farm ore once for about an hour to get enough to max out my blacksmithing, and I nearly went insane, farming is extremely boring. So if the bots could do more than just farm, it would go a very long way in making it a lot less obvious.

16. Keldorn

Keldorn New Member

FPSWARE our GOD will bring us farming glory again?
      <3 you for this.

This step should have been done by the Buddyteam itself weeks ago.

I wish you the best luck with ypur project.

Im longer farming bc of bans bans bans... but maybe it will give your project a try :)

Greetings

17. fpsware

This has been addressed, not intentionally mind you, but merely a side effect of some unoptimized processing that takes place before approaching a node. When a node is "seen" it briefly pauses, as if looking around, before descending to harvest the node.

Likewise, when dismounting near the node this is done at random distances in order to more closely simulate human behavior.

This concern has previously been raised and answer sufficiently answered by the development team. If Blizzard were going to ban people for this it would have happened years ago.

When I farm manually I almost never talk in-game, preferring to use TeamSpeak / Vent or simply watching a movie. Just because someone does not constantly talk in-game does not mean they are a bot.

18. fpsware

I agree, I would liked to have seen the developers undertake this. But, I don't think enough people sufficiently raise this as a genuine concern.

19. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I'm not a farmer for profit. I farm simply for my own professions. I have, currently, 10 level 90s covering all professions. A few of my toons serve as gatherers to feed my other toons' professions. It gets tiring farming by hand, and is very boring. Being since I have no one to talk to in Vent/TeamSpeak/other chat programs, nor in guild chat, then that makes things that much more boring. Before Blizzard got all fancy with farmer banning I used to use GB1 and GB2 all the time, for 3-4 hours a day, never any more than that. Now, I only farm when I absolutely have to, which is starting to come around again. My gold supply is getting low, so I don't buy materials anymore, and my professions are suffering. I honestly can't wait for an alternative to GB2 to come out so that I can farm with some semblance of safety, or at the very least, a feeling of safety.

Fpsware's works that I've used in the past have always impressed me with the way they function. I loved leveling my toons using his routines because they were the best at leveling. I really do look forward to this project being released.

20. fpsware

My gold has gone from 300K down to 25K and I'm feeling a huge financial pinch as a result.