• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • why i can run only 7 bots

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by KAZYKA, Oct 13, 2013.

1. KAZYKA

KAZYKA New Member

hi all when i up 7 + bots db crash what is wrong ? maybe i need some change on my pc ? here my pc stats

MSI GeForece GTX 570 Twin Frozr III P.E./OC 1280 MB
      HDD Samsung 500 gb 16mb CACHE SATA II F3
      Scythe Mugen 2rev.B
      DDR III KINGSTON - 16 GB (4X4 GB),cl9,hyperX
      MSI P67A-C45 B3/P67,DD3-1600
      PROCESOR INTEL CORE I5-2500K/3.3GHZ,6MB,LGA1155
      XFX CORE 550W 120MM 80+ SLI PSU

HELP PLZ ! :(

2. AngelsHalo

AngelsHalo New Member

Unfortunately that CPU is only 4 threads (4 core, without multithreading). For botting the more threads the better since you are running simultaneous processes. If you can get an 8 thread processor like 3770K then the rest of your components can easily handle 10+ bots.

3. IGG

IGG Member

get ssd and oc cpu a bit. You need to find out what is a bottleneck in your config and eleminate it. It's cpu or slow hdd IMO

4. chimeraxp

chimeraxp New Member

7-8 would be maxing your memory out I think ? but like said cpu is lacking the extra 4 cores which helps as well

5. carguy

carguy New Member

No.

The advice in this thread is a bit off. SSD isn't going to help your bots really, only on initial load and whenever you start a new game. It made sense when doing 10 second sarkoth runs, but not so much anymore.

I run 10 bots at about 10 gb of ram usage (i have 16 total). Lynnfield i7 2.8 oc'd to 3.7.

OP - Turn down your game graphics to the absolute min (there's a thread with a config file in it to use), cap your FPS at 15/15, up trinity cache to 500, and adjust ticks anywhere from 4-6. You should be able to do 12 with that setup -- at that point your graphics card will probably bottleneck you.

6. JoshYoJoshYo

JoshYoJoshYo New Member

Link in my sig for what carguy was referencing on game graphics.

7. morgoth_nhl

morgoth_nhl New Member

this its your biggest issue u need a better processor :) trust, angelshalo know wuts the deal

8. wlaci

wlaci New Member

oh god, please without minimum PC literacy dont jump into giving false advice.
      low CPU power will never result in crashes, with games it will only result in low FPS, the game will stutter or lag, or whatever you might call it, but it will certainly not crash as long as the CPU can utilize enough system memory for reading and dumping data. not with normally written code anyway.
      it is more than obvious that these crashes are caused by memory bottlenecks. in your case it will be the GPU memory, as system memory is more than adequate for 10+ bots.
      try to dumb D3 down as much as possible graphically. if memory serves me right each instance of D3 used appr. 380MB system memory and appr. 150MB of VGA memory when i did this, so with a little tweaking you could squeeze in one more instance, maybe 2 even, but if you want to hit 10+ you will need to get a VGA with 2GB.
      however there is some truth to whats been written. if you try to run more than 2 instances on a single CPU thread, the game may very likely become so "unresponsive" (in other words it will be lagging like hell), that demonbuddy will not be able to do its job. i know this from experience cause i hadnt been able to run 3 instances properly on a single thread of a C2D CPU@4Ghz, there were too many deaths because of lag, due to the fact that the incoming data and demonbuddy were too much out of sync the CPU choking on data all the time. with more modern system architecture though 3 instances / thread may not be too much, cant say really, as I dont own that kind of system.
      so basically if you want to go over 8 bots, you may not only need to upgrade your VGA (which is definitely your biggest bottleneck right now and the reason for frequent crashes), but likely your CPU as well. but you dont need a faster CPU, you just need more threads/core as previously suggested. should you decide to upgrade your CPU, get an I7 with 4 cores, which will give you 2 threads / core = 8 threads in total, so you will be fine up to at least 16 bots.

and yeah, do this by all means:
      "OP - Turn down your game graphics to the absolute min (there's a thread with a config file in it to use), cap your FPS at 15/15, up trinity cache to 500, and adjust ticks anywhere from 4-6. "