• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Why is bot questing so bad?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Superfyr20, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Superfyr20

Superfyr20 New Member

Everytime i am using my bot to quest, it either bugs out with a quest after 10 mins or it disconnect because the bot won't pick up a quest or something.. It is really starting to piss me off.. I am using Kick's profiles btw.. Anyone suggestions for something that is better or settings?

2. f299

f299 Member

Attach a full log

3. roflmao321

roflmao321 New Member

Like f299 said, attach a log of when the incidents occur. Also, what botbase and plugins are you using?

4. Florida

Florida Banned

Regular update from Kick's SVN and clear cache, compiledassemblies folder and logs to more easily find current usage.

5. Teveel

Teveel Active Member

What other posters have said also I like the way people post a new thread stating what they think of a profile/plugin/botbase but not in the actual thread relating to said profile/plugin/botbase to let the developer/s know of any issues.

6. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

for me Singular is slow but stable, try another one.

7. amputations

amputations Active Member

Allways post a full log when giving this kind of feedback.

8. ginuwine12

ginuwine12 New Member

questing works very good now since the whole updates from Chinajade etc , ok there are some small problems with the quests , but what about stucks works very good right now .

btw you doing really 100% something wrong . post logs pls

9. signex

signex New Member

Using the bot for few years now, i agree with OP that mostly it bugs out/disconnects and sometimes it just goes well.

I've been currently using Cava profiles, they seem to work better.

I've had just once luck with Kick's WOTLK profile it did 74-80 all the way.

10. naut

naut Community Developer

The way the current questing profile is designed is not ideal, but to complain about something which is free is not how to go about getting your issues resolved.

Currently the profile will scan what is currently in your questlog and use the combination of quests you have to determine where in the profile it should be.

Unfortunately, this can result in the profile "breaking" if you decide you want to stop the bot for an hour and do some of the quests yourself, and then resume it, the combination of quests in your log will not be recognized by the profile and will either skip a large section or stop completely.

Alot of times with heirloom gear you will not need to complete all the quests in the profile to reach max level anyway, therefore simply dropping your quests and restarting the bot to allow it to determine where it should be can be a good last resort.

Other things to note which are required:
      -Autoloot enabled in wow settings
      -Enable and configure your autoequip/talented plugins
      -Enable questhelper plugin
      -Ensure you have proper FPS ingame, if your FPS is too low you can lower your HB tickrate to increase it.
      -Configure your character for honorbuddy to mail gear too
      -Ensure the character has enough gold on them to do mount training etc

Many things can cause the profiles to fetch up, however I have leveled 20+ toons from 1-85 with questbot, the key is to think ahead and make sure your toon has everything its going to need ahead of time. For example I buy 4 stacks of every level food from 15-85 just to be sure he doesnt stand like a fool because he has no food, although you can set the bot to buy some as well.

11. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Exactly such problem with Questing. Since a HB does not questing 580 seconds - HB is closed and WOW go menu choice of personage. It began 09 feb 2014
      View attachment 119806

12. lickalime

lickalime New Member

I've botted more characters then I have a use for. With that said I can also say If it's as bad as everyone is saying then your doing it wrong.

13. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

If you're having issues related to, or the same as, the OP then please create your own thread and try not to take this one over. Your issues could be caused by something completely different from the OP's issues, so you would need your own thread to troubleshoot and resolve your issues.

14. osirislives

osirislives Member

Try posting your issues in Kick's/Cava's/Brodie's threads... that where those authors would likely offer support.................................

15. Wizard

Wizard New Member

I do not use Kick's profiles , I use a personal profile. But there are no problems, he worked long and now stopped.
      Maybe 08 - 09 February, it was a change in the core Questing or HB

16. jotd

jotd Member

Idk what you are doing.
      10 Days ago I started botting again.
      Installed current HB version, downloaded Kicks Profile, setup hbrelog for 24h disconnect. Setup Talented and Autoequip and hit go.
      It worked pretty much flawless for 5 characters (Priest, Druid, Warlock, Paladin, Hunter).
      There are a few problems, for example it always gets stuck on one quest in Hyjal. And if the bot has to restart in Uldum for some reason he travels back to deepholme and gets stuck there. And in Nagrand he doesn't find Banthar and the other animals sometimes. But everything else is really really good.
      When I think back to 2 years ago where I had to switch the grind profile every 5 levels and buy new equip and food, this is amazing.
      So if it is not working for you ... you are doing something wrong. Probably you have an old hb installation?

17. evilshade

evilshade New Member

It does bug out pretty often, I use both Kicks and Cava's leveling profile. Sometimes it will stuck in a quest and become impossible to progress
      so I have to switch to Botanists farming profile and lvl up by grinding until I can use the next set of questing profile.

This is on a rogue though. DK has been pretty smooth.

18. jotd

jotd Member

How to fix this:
      When your bot gets stuck on a quest stop and restart it. Switch to the "Info" Tab in HB. Wait until it says "Picking up Quest <ID>" or whatever it is stuck with. Sometimes it is also stuck with "Going to <coordinates>". Copy the quest id or the coordinates and open the profile you are currently using. Search for the Quest ID. Search for the lines with "pickup <ID>" and "turnin <ID>". Either delete everything in between these two tags (unsafe if you dont know what you do) or comment out these two lines. You can comment out with <!-- in the beginning of the line and --> at the end. Same goes with goto errors.
      If you are stuck with a message "going to hunting ground" you have to do the quest that he is currently on by hand.

I have written this down only by my memory, so don't take me word by word.

19. evilshade

evilshade New Member

Thank you so much for the helpful advice. Saved everything you wrote in a notepad file for future stucks :) bless you