• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Why no more free routines?

Discussion in 'Requests & Discussion' started by smithersmaster, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. smithersmaster

smithersmaster New Member

I originally got this bot because it did everything for me. Pay for one and done. Now if i want ANY decent routines, i have to pay around $23 USD just for a single class! That to me is absurd. I am lucky enough to have some residual routines before everyone became a money grabber and are forcing me to pay for routines, but some of them dont get updated anymore. TuanHA is the biggest culprit here.... I don't want to have to pay almost $300 just to get a routine for every single class so that if one day I decide I want to lvl a paly, I don't have to worry about it...

2. smokeythesquare

smokeythesquare New Member

Then maybe you should learn to write your own routine. The bot comes with singular, if you want a specialized one then you need to reimburse the people who put their time and effort into creating it.

3. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Hey,

Everyone became a Moneygrabber?
      First of all, there are free routines, if you think those are not enough for you, you always can spend money to get better ones.
      This is reallife and I think you do forget that programmers don't do this because they like you so damn much.
      Developing and maintaining code is work and can take hours upon hours depending on Project size.
      If you think this should be not the case, giving people money for their hard work, well maybe you start becoming a developer of your own and provide your stuff for free.

Geez i can't believe how igonrant some people are, Time is valuable and you are paying for the time the dev's spend to create the product you are using.
      There is and will be Singular which comes shipped with HB, maybe use that.

/rant over

4. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

Well depends on the person.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    5. smithersmaster

I love how quickly you jump on me rather then see what i was saying... I was saying that paying a total of almost $300 for every routine out there is absolutely ridiculous. I have purchased routines and I am quite happy with them. Do I think that they are worth ~$23? No I don't. Before the buddy store, all routines and profiles were free because we had already purchased the program. Singular is absolute crap and always will be. There is no changing that unless the devs for that actually put more time into it then how long it takes them to take a crap.

In short, I feel that charging that much for ONE routine is money grabbing. Not that they shouldn't be paid for their work, just that they should make it so I can get more then one routine for that much.

6. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

you can get all of Tuahna's for a very fair price. I believe you can still buy them all via his website (which we wont link - find it yourself) and you will get gifted all the keys.

I am not sure if this is still true though.

7. smithersmaster

See? there is a response I was looking for. I would rather be educated about what I can do to fix the problem then to just put me down because of my CURRENT view. I am not stupid. Stupid cant be fixed, however, ignorance can be. Thank you Phyxios for the info I will be looking for it so I can get the rest of the routines that TuanHA provides. I like those routines.

8. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Well if you are saying "everyone became a moneygrabber" you should have expected some comments like that.
      It is certainly not true that all CR's/Profiles/Plugins have to be paid for.

I would really recommend that you pick up developing yourself, programm a decent routine and actually do realize how much time it takes to do that.
      For me it sounds like you have absolutely no idea how much work it is to code and actually maintain that code, even if only for one class, not to mention the developers providing CR's for more than one class.
      If you want a decent routine, the one coding it must have decent insight on the class it is for, mostly for all 3 speccs, and maybe even further for t17/t18/ classtrinket which completely changes rotation on some classes.
      I myself wouldn't consider my coding top notch, but even I did spent more than 40 hours on my routines just for now.
      I'm giving them away for free, because I do it more for the fun and learning process, but some people might actually want money for the time they spent.
      Other than that, I don't know if you know the contracts for the buddystore, but not even close to the 23$ you spent actually get to the developer (it's 60% for the dev.)
      On another note, the developer is bound through contract to either support his product for 18! Months or when a new Expansion hit's whatever happens first.
      So considering that, do you really think that spending 23$ on a product where the developer has to support for atleast 12 months is to much?

I do in no way want to disrespect your opinion, if you still hold on to that after you got yourself informed a bit, okay, you are certainly allowed to do so, but i believe this comes from not really knowing how much work and time some people do actually put into creating products for you.

chinajade likes this.
    9. cg1203im2

cg1203im2 Community Developer

No, they were not. There was Bothaven, OC Forum, EPvp forum... everywhere paid routines were sold. just not here.
      there were however free routines here in HB forum. and there still are.

Bossland just takes profit from the routines that were sold on external sites before. and thats absolutely fine, cos developers have a much bigger customer potential then selling their stuff on 3rd party sites.

In fact, for the customer nothing changed about paid and free routines. the only thing that changed is, that you can see the products in the store now, and don't need to search them elsewhere.

10. Ghostspike0

Ghostspike0 New Member

People who are coders, programmers or just know how to make them have to put food on the table too, they got to pay bills and most likely have other responsibilities. I can't afford the aftermarket profiles myself, but I understand that you cant just get shit for free.

You paid for Honorbuddy and you got a whole package of botbases and profiles preinstalled, along with hundreds of other free profiles on this forum, why complain?

Take yourself back to reality, I dont know what you do in real life, but for some people this is a JOB. Just like millions of different businesses across the world.

Jesus.

11. atg68

atg68 New Member

I agree with everything you said, but the 18 month support thing is a crock. There are lots of routines and profiles and plugins that are no longer supported because the author just stopped coming here. After an author has collected their money, there is no way for the HB team to enforce any support.. it's a good idea in theory, but hasnt worked in practice so far...

12. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

I have no insight nor will I speculate on the things that will happen if a developer doesn't fullfill his side of the contract.
      But if you take a look at the requirements of becoming able to sell on the buddy store, you will see Bossland knows about the name, adress and other personal stuff of the Developer.
      I'm pretty sure they have their ways of dealing with a breach of contract, but i guess since no one else than the team knows stuff like that, there is no need to discuss it here.

cheers, MoreCox

13. smithersmaster

I appreciate this answer much better then the first and thank you for informing me such. I am only a beginner in programming for school and so I thought that programming a routine was a much more simple process then I first thought. I put this post up to find out more about WHY people were charging so much. Yes I was upset when I wrote the first post so I didn't convey myself as well as I should have. In the end I was upset because I thought I was being overcharged when really the prices on the buddystore are more then reasonable. I took a look at the TuanHA website and almost crapped myself when i saw the 1k price tag for all of the routines forever.... Though with what you have told me that makes sense and I think I might just have to look into getting it around tax time (if possible) so I don't have to worry about my routines anymore.

14. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

The bot comes with everything you need included. The supplied components are more than adequate for most tasks. Although some authors have bested Singular in PvP for the while, to this day there is NOT a better PvE Combat Routine than Singular.

You bought a top notch dirt bike. If you want to pimp it out with fine-tuned offerings and extra chrome and flaming paint jobs, that is your business. To improve what is currently available, third-parties have spent hundreds of hours doing research, rewrites, and fine-tuning. It is perfectly reasonable for them to ask for small remuneration to fund their furthered efforts.

If you spend extra money on third-party offerings, its because you WANT to--not because its needed.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    15. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

This is simply untrue. Millz's Demonic and Portal are well known for being much better than Singular for PvE. Maybe for AFK farming Singular wins, but for handling mechanics and raiding some of the premium CRs do win out.

16. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

I think chinajade is aware that most of the routines tuned for high end raiding do the job they are designed for better than singular.
      But have you ever tried using your Raidtuned routines with the questbot/grindbot or even like fishing bot?

Singular is more like a "I can do everything but I might do it not aswell as other choices" thing, compared to your "I shine at PvE content with a user controlling me".
      There are so many, really, so many edge cases that can happen if you are not supervising your bot when you do afk stuff that can happen and singular handles almost all of them. I do agree with you, for your raiding enviroment, singular isn't the best choice, it will not pull top deeps/healing but it will get the job done nonetheless.
      you can't say that for your raiding routine if you are using it outside of a raid enviroment, which is fine because you only paid for it doing that one job.

so both of you are right in their own ways, and the purpose of singular is not raiding high PvE content but simply have something which is working for every part the bot offers.

cheers, MoreCox

17. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

Yep, I'm fully aware of that. Singular is amazing for things like grinding and questing, but not for Raiding. chinajade had said "PvE" which does encompass raiding, so I wanted to clarify.

I use Singular for everything except raiding, and it is great. But for raiding I will always go with a premium CR because singular is not optimised for raids.

18. tomcruise

tomcruise Banned

the thing idont understand is that in apple store and stuff the products are like 1.99 euros, they end up making more money because they sell so many, i bought many games for my iphone. these developers are just greedy charging so much, i saw one product costing 100 + euros lol.

19. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

That 100 euro product was actually a collection of all of GatherIt's products, past, present and future.

20. GranPapi

GranPapi Member

Yeah, come on, lets be honest, 100+ euros seems like a bit over the top but at the end you can't put price on others people work...

Personally i don't have any complains about HB except bgbuddy, is really incredible how devs ignore completely the fact that one main botbase (probably the most important, i mean the program is called HONORbuddy) is a total instaban and they just don't care about it. Not a single "We're developing a new botbase to replace bgbuddy (or UPDATE the current) so you guys can get your honor a little more safely".

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.