• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Why some people get banned vs not get banned

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by BAUERPOWER2, Jun 5, 2016.

1. BAUERPOWER2

BAUERPOWER2 New Member

Why do some ppl get banned for using program for 2 weeks?

And others have been using program since vanilla and no action on their accounts

I've heard about closing all battle.net applications in task manager

Are there any other settings that protect your computer against a warden scan

2. mishmear

mishmear Member

Be lucky or not be lucky thats about all anyone can say unfortunately.

3. boynextdoor

boynextdoor Member

if you're not on the leaderboards and you play nonseason you have the least likely chance to be banned.

if you play seasons and youre high on the leaderboards (and if last season is anything to go by) then you're in hot water.

My entire friends list including myself got whiped out last season. my 3 low level alts that weren't on leaderboards survived. literally no one on my flist who botted and was competitive in seasons made it through.

4. manobra

manobra New Member

My contribution...

I never botted afk, I´m always on computer... I like to collect a lot of legendaries and check one by one each 10 minutes...

BUT (and here I think I commited a mistake...) I used to play on line... 4 players.... I think 1 or more player has reported me as "bot".

I have been banned with this account...

Now, there´s more than 1 year I´m botting... I´ve already passed the level I was with the banned account.

My profile today is:

- Never play public
      - Never play season
      - No friends in my list
      - Not listed in any ranking
      - Do not belong to any Clan
      - AFK for 1 hour at the maximum
      - I use: bounties, keywardes, rift and grifts. Sometimes goblin and cow level. Uber bot as well.

The BANNED profile was:

- Play public several times
      - No season
      - Many friends in my list
      - Ranked in grift leadeboard
      - I was in a Clan
      - AFK only to eat or something fast.. like 5 or 10 minutes
      - Tried a lot of plugins...

I think the "weight" of a player reporting as bot is very taken in consideration... who knows...

Hope helped!

5. qztr

qztr Active Member

I'm currently playing Season, which I always am, but around paragon 1500 right now.
      I'm top 50 on the EU leaderboard, playing 90-100 grifts daily.
      Around 15 friends online at any time of the day.
      No bans, not suspensions, nothing.
      Been using the same account since Season 1 started. Botting 12-24 hours a day.

6. BigYankus

BigYankus New Member

The only time my friend and I got banned was when we were both top 10 monks from 100% botting. Since then I bot 4 accounts 24/7 and try to avoid getting too high on the LB...Survived all the recent tripwires and banwaves but if blizzard looked at my playtime I'd be banned instantly haha. From the bans I've seen they go after people on the LBs, no one I've known that bots 24/7 and is low or unranked has been banned. If anything I think the bans are for people whose bot got them the spot on the LB and not them actually getting it. I'm not sure how high bots can climb solo these days but back when monk was king, the bot was so much better than any player could possibly be.

7. flyingst

flyingst Member

Some of my friends who never played season got banned. Some other friends on the leaderboard who bot 24/7 for the last two month, still botting, nothing happened to them. It's completely random.

8. Yakult

Yakult Member

It is insane they ban account base on play time.

Does their agreement actually says play time cannot pass beyond X hours?

9. SIL3N7

SIL3N7 Active Member

Not sure why people can use for 2 weeks and get banned compared to like me use ing on and off since relase and not. But recently

People are banned because there over 1000 Para and in top 100 leader bored.

They only way they can do anything right now is to manually check the top 100 200 or more by hand and yes they have the resources to.

If DB was detected alot more would be banned

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    10. Siempie

Siempie New Member

Its not a question of "if" its a question of "when". I used it leisurely, sometimes only 4 hours a week, reached p1575 before the banhammer hit me, wasnt on leaderboard. Me thinks, it isnt like bliz runs a program and *bam* everyone gets a ban, its more like a routine of things that gets you on their radar. And if so and you get flagged a ban is imminent.
      DB is detectable end of story.

11. xeroslite

xeroslite New Member

His profile today is what I also follow. No public, No season, VERY few friends and most of all ones that I know personally and the others are on a need to know basis at maximum and most people believe I have no life so its fine, I do not belong to any clan PERIOD especially when i'm botting for a while, I HAVE competed for rank in non-season like the fact I hit less than TOP 100 in non-season monk a season or two ago I think. I do AFK a lot on D3, I mean, I only do GRs too sometimes Rifts. Never Keywardens or Goblins/cows. My friend used another bot program. He was merciless and so was I. We were 24/7 for about 1 month+. We didn't take it easy on the amount of time we had our bots running.

We always start a conversation when we meet up to play together and one thing we always noticed is that lots of people get banned. We know that luck plays a huge factor in who gets what, but, We also feel that Blizzard bans based on easy targets. If you have a lot of people on your list you dont know and a lot of those people play D3, and your habbits are botlike, would it be any surprise if your jealous friends/enemies/over-zealous and self-righteous anti-bot clan reported you? Thats the real question. Me and my friend have known each other for more than 10 years. Both of us are cheaters and we've had long conversations on the ethics of botting/cheating and both of us just feel like D3 is literally the best game for botting so, there you go.

That said, neither of us have ever been banned, and he used/uses one where you teleport around. So, given that neither of us have ever gotten banned for botting, and theres a bigger than normal amount of players flowing in now saying they got banned, My question to them is, how did you present yourself in battle.net? Were you very public? Highly ranked? Seasons? Lots of friends? Anti-botting clan? Friends who aren't as okay with cheating as you would like? People who notice you just jumped 100 paragon levels in a week when you were already 1000+? Normal people can't achieve that speed.

EDIT: My friend also has very few friends on his list, his irl friend and me thats basically it as far as I know. He's not that great at pushing grifts so he usually falls short of the Top 100.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    12. steelseries

steelseries Member

I have 4 accounts since my join date. Never got banned via DB. Only got banned using hellfire amulet trick :-/
      All 4 accounts are in the 1500-1900 range and every season 900-1200. Never played Leaderboards by hand and push it to the limit. Only have 300-600 hours on the count each season. Stopped it when trip wire was on. Only the first month I push the "PLAYTIME" to the limits like 22-24h. After that the game gets boring and everybody on my friendlist stop playing the game. They also stop at aroung Para 1500-2000.

I don´t care if they get me. I have 4 accounts playing together. They could also play with 2 or 3. I bot since 2 years. It´s only a game. I only bot to get progression and fun to set the "MACHINE" on. It´s so interresting when everything works and trinity gets better and better. If I get banned the game cost me 30€ and I had hours fun to bot and also to communicate with my clanmates. They are allways ahead but they don´t care since 2 years. For me it´s more importent to go out and enjoy the reallife.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    13. mytrojan

mytrojan New Member

My 1 account banned form 4 accounts.

The BANNED profile was:

- No friends in my list
      - Not listed in any ranking
      - No leadderboard
      - No Clan

Start bot season 5 and banned at season 6. Botting 20-24 hours per day and around paragon 1900.