Season 15 and Demonbuddy, working as of 21th September 2018!
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Win 10 D3 Not Responding, error trace

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Support' started by txony, Dec 4, 2018.

1. txony

txony New Member

I was getting random crashes for the game (Not Responding), sometimes after 2 minutes, some times after half an hour, but haven't been able to play stock DB for longer than one hour. I tried DB Beta build, but that has a bunch of other issues. So I took a look at the logs myself, in my case it was crashing always with these entries in the log:

Code:
    2018-12-04 04:53:44,260 [Main Bot Thread] DEBUG DefaultLogger (null) - [Trinity 2.6.448] [Avoidance]  Kite Shutter Triggered
    2018-12-04 04:53:44,261 [Main Bot Thread] INFO  DefaultLogger (null) - [Trinity 2.6.448] [Avoidance]  Kiting
    2018-12-04 04:53:44,262 [Main Bot Thread] DEBUG DefaultLogger (null) - [Trinity 2.6.448] Moving to Kiting
    2018-12-04 04:55:16,961 [Main Bot Thread] ERROR BotMain (null) - Exception during bot tick.
    Buddy.Coroutines.CoroutineUnhandledException: Exception was thrown by coroutine ---> System.Exception: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed, at addr: 23F748D4, Size: 4
       at GreyMagic.ExternalProcessMemory.ReadByteBuffer(IntPtr addr, Void* buffer, Int32 count)

I am using stock DB and Agrael Trinity.

I went to the code to try to figure out where exactly those lines get in the log, I found in RoutineBase.cs in the HandleKiting() method is where the Avoidance is triggered, and after casting the defensive spells it goes to the moving step, which never ends. I realized that even if D3 is stuck, DB still works, and when opening the settings window and closing it, new 'Moving to Kiting' entries were added to the log.

I did a trial/error crappy test with, and went ahead and commented the return statement in that method, moved the return to the previous line, so from:

Code:
            public virtual async Task<bool> HandleKiting()
            {
                if (!Core.Avoidance.Avoider.ShouldKite) return false;
                if (!Core.Avoidance.Avoider.TryGetSafeSpot(out var safespot) || safespot.Distance(ZetaDia.Me.Position) < 5f) return false;

Core.Logger.Log(LogCategory.Avoidance, "Kiting");
                await CastDefensiveSpells();
                return await MoveTo.Execute(Core.Avoidance.Avoider.SafeSpot, "Kiting", 3f, () => Core.Avoidance.Avoider.SafeSpot.Distance(Player.Position) < 3f);
            }

To:

Code:
            public virtual async Task<bool> HandleKiting()
            {
                if (!Core.Avoidance.Avoider.ShouldKite) return false;
                if (!Core.Avoidance.Avoider.TryGetSafeSpot(out var safespot) || safespot.Distance(ZetaDia.Me.Position) < 5f) return false;

Core.Logger.Log(LogCategory.Avoidance, "Kiting");
                return await CastDefensiveSpells();
                // return await MoveTo.Execute(Core.Avoidance.Avoider.SafeSpot, "Kiting", 3f, () => Core.Avoidance.Avoider.SafeSpot.Distance(Player.Position) < 3f);
            }

And DB has been going for almost 30 hours straight now, not a single crash .. hopefully I didnt just jinxed it. Anyway, my demon hunter dies a little more since he doesn't move away to a safe spot, but who cares when I can leave it playing over night.

Hope this helps.

2. DontBanMeBro

DontBanMeBro Member

I deleted my other reply because I guess I didn't read the whole post.
    MoveTo.Execute sounds like its deadlocking while waiting to return you a result, so by commenting it out and instead returning the value of await CastDefensiveSpells(), you're essentially just returning true every time, so I would assume no kiting is really going on, right?

Probably need to look into MoveTo.Execute and find out where that exception is happening and return a result when it does

3. DontBanMeBro

DontBanMeBro Member

In MoveTo.cs, you can try adding a counter for this while loop and when X iterations happen, just break out of it and continue on (or just return false):

Code:
    while (ZetaDia.IsInGame && location.Distance2D(ZetaDia.Me.Position) >= range && !ZetaDia.Me.IsDead) { }
    same with this one just to be safe:

Code:
    while (ZetaDia.Me.LoopingAnimationEndTime > 0)
    It's also possible that it's deadlocking on await Coroutine.Yield(), but you'll have to add some extra logging to pinpoint where it is

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    txony likes this.
  4. txony

txony New Member

you where spot on, it gets stuck inside the first while loop in the MoveTo.cs file. It only happens sometimes when the linear distance never gets above the range, I believe is because there is no room to move farther out in that direction but I am not quite sure since it freezes.

I've added a counter of 5 attempts and break out of the while loop and it seems to be kiting properly now, is been running for about half an hour with no issues, I will leave it playing during the day and get back here after I check the logs for the new break condition.

thanks!