Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

[Wizard] Tal Rasha Meteor 100+

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by yoda449, Dec 2, 2017.

1. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Hey all,

Here is a Chinese Tal Rasha meteor routine. I did all the translation, but the original author and thread is here for those who are interested:
    http://www.demonbuddy.cn/thread-14875-1-1.html

Big shoutout to ReddeR who originally pointed to this routine on his GitHub and reached out to the community to help translate.

Routine is designed for slower high GR clear due to lack of move speed, but can also do ok speed farm with Aether Walker and a couple of skill adjustments. I'm running GR 90s stable (0 deaths) in 8-10 mins with 1300 paragon, 0 augments, 12.4k int and only 1 ancient weapon (no other ancients). With augments plus optimized gear and higher gems, this could easily push 100+.

Recommend turning on melee mode and setting combat distance to 25 or less.

GEAR

Tal Rasha Set
    Head: Int, Crit Chance, 15% Meteor damage
    Chest: Int, Armor, Vitality/Life %
    Belt: Int, Vit, Armor, Life %
    Leg: Int, Vit, Armor
    Amulet: Crit Damage, Crit Chance, 20% Fire damage
    Hand:Int, Crit Damage, Crit Chance, RCR/CD

Shoulder:
    Mantle of Channeling: Int, Vit, Armor, Life%

Bracer
    Nemesis (speed): 20% Fire damage, Crit Chance, Int, Vit,

Boots:
    Nilfur's Boast: Int, 15% Meteor damage, Vit, Armor

Weapons
    Deathwish (pushing) or Aether Walker (speed): HighDamage, +10% damage, Vit/LOH
    Etched Sigil: High Damage, Int, Crit Chance, 15% Meteor damage, ApoC

Rings:
    Unity (second unity on follower), Convention of Elements, Halo of Karini (wear your best two, cube the 3rd):Crit Damage, Crit Chance, Int, Socket

Cube:
    The Grand Vizier, Aquila Cuirass, 3rd ring (preferably halo or CoE to get max property)

Gems:
    Head:Topaz
    Chest:Topaz
    Leg:Topaz
    Legendary:Bane Of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, Taeguk. Can substitute in Bane of the Stricken (if you’re having trouble killing rift guardians at high level GR), or Zei’s Stone of Vengeance (if you’re not playing melee mode)

Prioritize getting 45% meteor damage, apoc on orb and at least 20% resource cost reduction (through paragon + topaz in helm). IAS is not needed since there are no break points, but can boost sheet dps a bit.

SKILLS

Frost Nova – Frozen Mist, Teleport - Calamity, Magic Weapon Deflection, Storm Armor – Power of the Storm, Arcane Torrent – Static Discharge (Flame Ward for speed farm), Meteor – Meteor Shower (Thunder Crash for speed farm)

Passives:
    Audacity, Illusionist, Elemental Exposure, and Galvanizing Ward.
    Can swap in power hungry, astral presence for more arcane power, or unwavering will, and elemental exposure for more damage. Unstable anomaly if you're dying a lot.

upload_2017-12-2_21-24-52.png

The translation took a lot of work. Please support the community by helping translate other Chinese routines. ReddeR has several in progress on his GitHub, which you can PM him about to help translate: https://github.com/ReddeR1337?tab=repositories

Update: Added newest version 1.33

V 1.31 Changelog (December 4, 2017)

· Added option to customize Teleport recast delay if using Aether Walker (speed farm option)

· Fine tuned melee mode to work better

· Fixed bot sometimes getting stuck on environmental objects

· Fixed bot getting stuck when target is too far away

V 1.32 Changelog (December 12, 2017)

· Added option to choose to teleport to mobs or walk to mobs if using melee mode

· Improved bot combat to increase efficiency by about 20% in GRs

· Recommended skills have changed with 1.32 to now include magic weapon deflection (instead of arcanot), and elemental exposure and galvanizing ward (instead of unstable anomaly and unwavering will). Gems have now also been changed to Taeguk in stead of Powerful. All skill/gear changes have been updated in the main post.

V 1.33 Changelog (December 13, 2017)

· Fixed some movement bugs including bot occasionally not getting into Occulus pools.

· Optimized buff stacking.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Routine attached here.

Attached Files:

3. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Routine updated to newest version (December 4, 2017; V 1.31)

4. xOGCx

xOGCx New Member

Thnx! Time to try it out :)

5. whjsky

whjsky New Member

Thank you for sharing!

6. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Routine updated to newest version (December 13 2017; V 1.32)

7. Xauwoo

Xauwoo New Member

So far seems like a great routine. Only thing I have noticed is that it seems to ignore the Cluster size / radius rules. Have mine set to 10 monters within 20 yards, and it seems to like to attack ever single guy haha.

8. Tm2059

Tm2059 New Member

Hey Very fine Routine, can you make a Routine with the FireBiurd Set??
    Or Translation from the china site???

9. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

I'll be uploading a Firebird routine soon. Just finishing up the translation.

10. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Yeah it's a bit strange. I'm not the original author so unfortunately can't troubleshoot that, but I seem to rip through gr100 with melee mode on and turn off avoidance without any problems.

11. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

So I tested the firebird chinese routine and it's just not up to par to Tal Rasha. It works, but it plays it as if it has tal rasha's toughness. The issue is firebird playstyle requires kiting and the bot just can't do that in a sophisticated way. So it has massive damage with firebird, but even with optimal bot-adjusted gear, the toughness is too low to run 90+. My tal rasha runs 100 with ease. Firebird couldn't do 90 properly. I would stick with the Tal routine for now since the bot just can't handle the firebird kiting playstyle.

12. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Routine updated to newest version (December 13 2017; V 1.33)

13. Tm2059

Tm2059 New Member

Hey can you send your Setting for the routuine, my Mage rund 90+ all over 100 is not going.

14. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

Here are my settings for that routine. I just enable melee mode, lower combat distance to 20 and turn off all avoidance. You do need some strong gear to push that high though. However, 90 is super easy even with mediocre gear. Also, make sure you're running the latest version of the routine (1.33). The newest updates significantly improved the efficiency of the bot compared to the first versions I posted.

Are you dying a lot or don't have enough damage to go higher?

Attached Files:

15. Tm2059

Tm2059 New Member

Thats my DMG and my Settings i Play with Magefist an have 1.900.000 Livepoints and Unit with Eso Stone
    58% Meteor DMG
    40% FireDMG

Attached Files:

16. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

You should be able to absolutely murder gr100 with those stats. The only thing I can think of is that magefist is decreasing your toughness by a lot because you're losing both halo ring and aquila cuirass. So if you're dying above gr90, I recommend removing magefist and royal ring and replacing with proper cube gear that's listed in my post above. This will also allow you to use tal rasha belt and CoE which is a big damage boost. You don't need the cost reduction on hersh belt. Your damage is like 1.3 million above mine so you should be able to clear no problem.

If you're having trouble keeping up your arcane power, make sure you have Apoc on your orb - with apoc I stay almost at 100% arcane power constantly. Also, get rid of your bracers and wear nemesis. You have so much toughness in this build that nothing hurts you even at 100 GR. Nemesis will speed up your clear by giving you more elites to kill. Your gem in the helm should also be topaz for cost reduction. You don't need extra health from the amethyst.

I would say that if you're having trouble above gr90 with this routine it's because of all of these gear choices. If you swap those and make sure you have the right stats like apoc on orb, you'll be able to farm gr100 no problem.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  17. kagefar

kagefar New Member

In generel a very nice routine! Though I very often get a "No valid power selected for target:*mobtype*", and the bot just stands till doing nothing.. very od..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  18. tjcksdl

tjcksdl New Member

mine does the same any solution ?? [Trinity 2.6.447] [Targetting] No valid power was selected for target

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  19. Xauwoo

Xauwoo New Member

Define rip through 100s. Mine can clear then just fine, usually 3-5 minutes left, sometimes 5-6 if its a good one and my gear is really good with 1700 paragon. Which legendary gems do you personally run?

20. yoda449

yoda449 New Member

That's a good time. It's not a speed build because it lacks movement skills, so if you're clearing 100 in 10-12 min, I think you're in good shape. When I said rip I meant without dying and consistently being able to clear it, so basically referring to stability rather than speed. This is one of those builds that you should run as high as you can because running lower is about the same speed anyway. I find the biggest barrier to clear speed is actually density. I still wear nemesis for 100 and if I get several pylons and good density I can do 100 in 7-8 mins at times. The gems I run are taeguk, trapped, and esoteric.

It's definitely not as fast as the necro pest build, but I think this build is the highest a wizard bot has ever been able to do. I've never been able to run 100 with archon routines in previous seasons. I tried the frozen orb chinese build (can upload if anyone is interested), but that one lacks killing speed to get up to 100 and the firebird routine is too squishy. Both peak at 90ish. So I think this routine is the highest wizard botting will go this season.