• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • x64 Version of HB

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by bp423, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Asphodan

Asphodan Member

Just because the options are between 32bit and 64bit does not mean that it's a 50/50 split.

32bit has only token support in any OS, and is no longer the standard distribution. Every year people that were on 32bit, upgrade to someting with 64bit. It's going to happen, and Blizzard is prepping now.

HB's insistence on using 64bit is rediculous, as all it takes is to look at any and all clients running on 32bit to start narrowing down accounts.

2. ski

ski Well-Known Member

If that were the case they would accuse everyone not running a 64 bit OS of being a botter... not going to happen. And they won't be phasing out 32 bit (most likely) ever. Far too many people still run on 32 bit OS'.

3. Sacredbeef

Sacredbeef New Member

No matter what version of WoW I run, desktop, from folder, or launcher. It runs the 64 bit version and makes Buddy Bot unable to run... I have just recently started botting and was very curious to if there was a fix or if Blizzard will just straight up know if you work around this.

4. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Fact of the matter is, times change. 32 bit is obsolete. It's only a matter of time before it is phased out altogether. Although HB may not want to go 64 bit, there will come a time when they have no choice, convert to 64 bit or fade into history. Computer manufacturers and third party Software designers will not waste their resources making applications backward compatable for obsolete computers. And then the process will repeat eventually replacing 64 bit with 128 bit.

5. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

you honestly know a single person let alone wow user who doesn't have a 64 bit machine? I HIGHLY doubt its a "huge" client base if anyone at all relative to 64 bit users. You realize your automatically capable of 64bit unless you are using a chip older than a Pentium D right? That's like saying they wont make new games look good because they require newer hardware.

If people want to play it and it requires something they don't have, they will go out and get it. Not like its even close to serving just 1 purpose anyhow. if people are using kit that old its about time they get with the program =P cancel wow sub for 2 months and buy a MUCH better chip lol. Or take back mountain dew bottles =p

Anyhow, jokes aside - you lose nothing by going 64 bit, only gain - so why fight a losing battle against using the current standard?

6. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

tbh I don't even think you can run MOP w/ a Pentium D. point is moot.

7. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

seeing stats would be awesome. just to see how quick people with this idea stop posting in this thread if nothing else =P

8. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

this. why delay the inevitable? if they don't want to do the work, take the obscene amount of money that they've made and pay someone else to do it. It WILL happen. Has no choice but to. Do it now, be a bit ahead of the curve, and be done with it. Its out of your hair for the next xxx years.

9. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Steam Hardware & Software Survey

Using Steam stats... that's rougly 22% of the market using 32 bit Windows (XP+Vista+7). That might not seem like a lot, but if we say WoW has 6 million subscribers.. that's 1.32 million they'd lose from dropping 32 bit. Yes, we will see that continue to push towards 64 bit, but no company in their right mind would drop 22% of their customers. I'm not saying HB shouldn't consider going 64, I'm just saying it's 2013 and we still have a ton of 32 bit machines out there.

10. toliman

toliman Member

Hmm.

it might be an issue for a later time, but there's a workaround in place, i expect that will hold until the next patch.

For now, i'd rather suggest inserting the renaming advice into the patch prep notes
      and also the error info for HB when you attach to the 64 bit client. because ... it's going to come up a lot.

at some point, yeah, there should be a changeover planned, but there's still millions of PC's running XP 32bit. millions of them. 12 years... still going on.

idk. it might be an option for the beta to support hybrid 32/64bit at some point later on, to test the process for 6.0 or 5.5, or later updates.

11. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

Link Shell Extension

1. Select WoW.exe
      2. Right click on WoW.exe and click on Pick Link Source
      3. Right click inside the window folder and hover over "Drop As" You'll get either Hardlink or Symbolic Link.
      4. Select Hardlink
      5. Rename WoW-64.exe into WoW-64-Backup.exe
      6. Rename the Hardlinked WoW.exe into WoW-64.exe (You'll see the weird symbol behind it)

Tada! You are now forcing the new battle.net launcher to always launch the 32bit client because you are saying to the Windows that WoW-64.exe is WoW.exe instead.

yajinni likes this.
    12. Spudbot

Spudbot New Member

I have no idea what youre saying, there is no option to "2. Right click on WoW.exe and click on Pick Link Source" or anything you said. What seems simple to you is a nightmare for me, lol.

13. wisepoiboi

wisepoiboi New Member

Your suppose to use Link Shell Extension the link at the top in order to use this method

14. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

Not needed. We will make a post on this subject when HB is ready.

15. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

I'm a bit curious if this subject you're talking about is -->

A) About the new Launcher that blizzard has gone open-beta with
      B) The old launcher where you have to rename the WoW-64 into .bak or something else.

16. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

just be patient plz :)

17. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

while I do appreciate the survey. the glaring issue I see is that its "steam" users. Wow has absolutely nothing to do w/ steam. A lot of kids get their fps fix via steam. Personally I hate the idea of it. Never have used it, never will. A lot of wow players are techie's and by nature we run the latest and greatest tech. Meaning been on x64 for YEARS.

At this point anyone not on x64, it is their fault.

Of course, assuming steam = wow, 22% could effectively be 2 million people. Lets say when wow announces they are going x64 (they aren't absurd, they WILL announce it FAR ahead of time - probably TOO far considering how long its already been around) that the majority (we'll say 75%) feel that wow is too important to them to keep old tech for the sake of doing so, or finally have their reason to take the plunge. This leaves 25% of that 22% that are in the "screw this im not upgrading my pc for wow" crowd, or take it as their "last straw" and reason to retire. That amounts to 500k people. Relatively speaking this is hardly "TONS" and wow tends to fluctuate double this if not more every xpac.

I understand your thought process, and it makes sense.. however im confident in time, the naysayers will have to accept it as fact. 64bit is already a good way into its life cycle, as a previous poster mentioned, within the next decade we will be seeing 128bit.

either way, honorbuddy is either putting its eggs in the basket of "wow will be dying soon and we will move on at that point" or they quietly know that in order to keep going, whether it be now or later - 64bit has to happen.

IMO lets see some ffxiv support. the game is amazing! =P

18. Overnaturlig

Overnaturlig Member

I think i read somewhere that HB never could be 64bit, due its programming. It would require an entire rewriting of the bot from scratch - hence why its not done until its absolutely needed.

19. Shtwht?

Shtwht? New Member

After testing each of the application executables (on both a 64 bit and 32 bit system) i can definitely confirm on a 64bit system it will force 64 bit regardless of the option (or preference ticked) without file name editing.

1.PNG

Run the Launcher (Set 32 Bit Client)

3.PNG

PLAY!

2.PNG

After renaming wow-64.exe to wow-64.bak

4.PNG

5.PNG

X86 Launches from either the launcher with preferences set or the standard executable.

I Doubt they would ever completely discontinue 32 bit in wow's life cycle, they will just know at this point anyone logging on a 64 bit client they can IMMEDIATELY eliminate as a bot. Regardless of action. So by not having a 64 bit version of the bot all your doing is making their search easier, and more conclusive. (Esp if they alter warden to only scan 32 bit clients.) Food for thought.

20. Jalockin

Jalockin Member

by my experience the x86 version of wow runs better than the x64, in fact there's absolutely no reason to run wow in x64

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.