• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • x64 Version of HB

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by bp423, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Zvon

Zvon New Member

thank you for explaining, glad to know the real reason for this. I can understand the difficulty. But on the other hand, if the majority players have 64-bit OS(I just know they are not, amazingly) and now they are forced to run 64-bit game, what can HB do for that?

The only thing I get from above is: sorry, there is nothing we can do about 64bit users as an non-developer.

2. timelord

timelord New Member

32 bit will be the death of hb the fact blizzard have made this change you can bet those that hit the patch and then went oh its 64 bit version its already to late if you start up with the 32 bit version it will be obvious im not even going to start my wow in 32 bit and don't think for 1 min after the court case in Germany that Blizzard cant and don't see these forums

3. jaelae

jaelae New Member

That worked. It was only launched 64bit so I renamed the wow-64.exe file and it is now launching wow.exe in 32-bit. Easy fix thanks folks!

4. Weridoz

Weridoz New Member

What about doing a 64bit version and let people pay extra for it? I'd be happy to pay $100 for a single key. I bet others have the means to do it aswell.

5. mafiav2

mafiav2 Member

The game detects if you have 64 bit and will automatically now set the client to 64 bit if you have it. If you don't it will use the 32 bit client. They aren't making 32 bit unsupported just a way to kinda stop dumb botters that think they know how to do things.

6. rcadams

rcadams New Member

That's a big assumption.. There is nothing to lead us to believe that. 32bit or 64bit.. Basing bans on that would be the dumbest move blizzard has every made. Takes off tin hat!

7. Myriddan

Myriddan Member

8. rcadams

rcadams New Member

9. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Well, ultimately in the end, if HB doesn't wanna make a 64 bit bot, someone else will and that will be money out of their pocket. Most botters are geeks, and they aren't going to continue running an obsolete/outdated OS simply for HB. You either keep up with the croud or be forgotten.

10. rcadams

rcadams New Member

I've been running Windows 8 64 bit since early beta. And even today the launcher is starting the 32bit version of wow.. And no I didn't install their new beta launcher nor was I even asked.

11. xLegendx

xLegendx Active Member

You're looking at it the wrong way.

12. Spudbot

Spudbot New Member

Ok, so rename the file I get ONLY x86 version but where do I get the honor buddy for x86 version ? Cause this one I have doesn't work on either x64 or x86..

13. Myriddan

Myriddan Member

call what you will blizzard takes there time investigating before ban just saying. but you're entitled to your uniformed opinions. And i don't play often anymore think i logged on 1-2 times since 5.4 so i could have been on the "watch list for awhile", however i respect your opinion for the garbage that it is.

14. rcadams

rcadams New Member

First off anyone knows blizzard NEVER gives details like your claiming. And with someone new like yourself 10 posts.. I really have to doubt. Your trying to force a 64bit version of honorbuddy by spreading lies and trying to create fear in the community. But with only 10 post we all just see a nice big "TROLL"

15. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

It does not happen so often that I read such crap on the board. Thanks for this nonsense.
      Blizz is not switching to 64Bit to detect botters or because the 64bit wow runs better. It's like chinajade said, the only reasons for them to do so is that this way they can reduce a lot of their developing staff.
      Especially in the asia/pacific region there are a lot of systems running with 32bit OS and this will not change so fast.

You run a 64bit OS? Fine but did you know that tons of software you use are still 32Bit applications or compiled to be 64Bit but not optimized for it in any way?
      Please stop making people frightend because of this bullshit.

It's the same wrong paranoid way of thinking letting people use different IP's, VM's, ***'s and what ever.
      It's all bullshit and personally i do not believe they increase security in any way.
      If Blizz really wants to detect and ban botters there would be a lot of easier ways to do so.
      Never forget that the amount of subscribers is still going down and each botter is a paying customer too.
      In my opinion blizz is doing something against botters to show "hey we work against them" but not really pushing this topic.
      It costs a lot of money to fight botters and if you are done, you also loose their monthly payments. From a business perspective this is stupid or? ^^

16. xLegendx

xLegendx Active Member

Well, if this was truly the case they wouldn't waste money on suing botting companies (Glider/HB) or have HUGE ban waves like they did with Pirox (I think that was the company) and they had to shutdown for whatever reason. I don't recall why.

17. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Personally, I believe if Blizz really wanted to stop botters, we would all be banned. There are many "easy" ways they could eliminate bots. They want our money and the non botters money. To do that, you convince the non botters you are banning the bots, yet you only ban X acounts per week to keep the botters happy. Play both sides of the fence. This is a common business practice.

Edit: Whether HB is 32 bit or 64 bit makes no difference. The down side to it remaining 32 bit, like all other software manufacturers, is that it slows the progression of the computer industry as a whole. If manufactures have to use resources on maintaining 32 bit for those that can't afford or want better technology, it takes away from what they could conceivably produce in the future.

18. Darknight1

Darknight1 New Member

No offence chainajade i think you areone the best staff HB has by a long way but you say and i quote

Supporting both versions would stretch the already heavily-loaded staff!!

but the small company does not mind using some of them resources to make a new bot for Neverwinter adding to the already heavily-loaded staff

Botanist likes this.
    19. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Blizzard need to be seen to be making some efforts to combat the botting community. This is also good business sense. If the botters ruin the game too much for non-botters, the non-botters will leave. Then so will the botters because nobody will be left to buy their farmed materials or gold. End result: WoW goes bye-bye.
      On the other hand, they don't want to try too hard because botters buy *multiple* subscriptions.

20. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Darknight1,

Each bot has its own staff. But, its not my place to relate who is working on what.

My comment was in reference to Honorbuddy bot, only. Neverwinter has its own team, and none of them work on Honorbuddy. Same for Tankleader and Demonbuddy.

cheers,
      chinajade

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.