• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • You will be Banned 100% likelihood currently.

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by bob1234, Nov 17, 2016.

1. angryfrog

angryfrog Member

That's the thing though, suicide herb botting before this banwave did not lead to a ban within 3 days. Hell I went almost a year in between bans botting 24/7 herb mining or skinning. Also sold millions and millions of gold. I wasn't unlucky this week. They've found a better way to detect us. Now I'm trying leveling my with quest bot vs instant 100 to see how that works

2. Frizbick

Frizbick Guest

Were you botting on account created after banwave or old account?

3. angryfrog

angryfrog Member

Legion account that was banned last night was made before banwave and never botted until Monday. The other banned account was a battlechest only bought after the banwave.

4. Angelus

Angelus Member

That is really really low data to process.

5. socrates3

socrates3 Member Legendary

Look if your so paranoid you should just leave. Yes, it is low level data? Does that mean processing it for 10 million active users and dealing with the CS support implications would be minimal? I think not

But hey, overthink it. The fact of the matter is they have a great security system that monitors your game session, aside from player reports or botting infront of a GM, that is how you are caught.

Nobody is looking through pages of data trying to pick out rogue botters, when they can just run a warden scan.

6. Craptuna0813

Craptuna0813 Member

People saying they instantly detect Hb are dumb. They have always been able to detect us they just dont because they loose shit tons of money by allowing us to bot for a few months at a time. If you are being hit time after time its because there warden system has flagged your ip and 9 times out of 10 you are a massive multi botter who is the direct flag to blizz. All you massive multi botters have ruined it for the ones who want to just play the game without the grind. so only blame yourself if you get hit time after time the rest of us are botting and not getting hit because we dont abuse the program.

7. angryfrog

angryfrog Member

That's just not true. It's not by IP because a lot of us have accounts on the same IP and are not banned. And most of us getting banned again are not massive botters that I've seen from the reports

8. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

There is no matter how you classify yourself - like "non massive" botter, its not matter how me or anyone else classify yourself, but only matter how Blizzard do classify your account's records.

We will never be sure what Blizzard flag and what not, but having more honest reports on ban experience could help us in attempt to slowly draw the "whole picture", if its possible even!

9. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

Obviously. The whole discussion is inherently assuming they can't be straight up detecting Hb ( meaning detection going on all the time), or the guys in charge of this bot (and many other folks at other places) should be able to Identify how, or at the very least notice it.

I think that BL would warn their userbase if they found that situation happening. I might be wrong, of course.

But, the fact is Blizzard is behaving differently according to god knows what. Some people are getting instabanned (less than 1 day, to establish a ban-delay). Others are getting 3 days. There's not a clear pattern, which your approach of direct detection should suggest.

There are many factors in here. And, yeah; processing the date of 10 million active users is not cheap, but is not exactly something that Blizzard can't afford. In fact, they just did that with an script to check who had abused the WQ bug.

Btw, Angelus has been here for long before you were. You would do good in avoiding suggesting other folks to leave. Paranoia has saved plenty of accounts in the past, so it is not a bad approach imho.

This. Finally some common sense.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    10. Zarm

Zarm Member

agree, esspecially with the last part people do need to be providing more information on their bans and circumstances than just the one liners and dates, i even see som1 just posted the email? we've all seen the email we want to know the details and habits of your botting that lead to the ban.
      There is a layout provided for reporting bans and also log attachments are vastly underused and submitted.