• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Zekken] Avoid telegraphed attacks.

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Neverdyne, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

Neverdyne, so far it's working great. Love the new rewrite. However it's spamming my log like CRAZY.

Code:
      [18:42:18.698 N] [Zekken] Detected 1 new avoidable casts around me.
      [18:42:18.699 N] [Zekken] Calculating avoidance vector for shape: Cone, WidthLarge, ReachMedium, DirForward, TargetedFromCaster.
      [18:42:18.699 N] [Zekken] The estimated reach of the spell to me is: 11.34521.
      [18:42:18.703 N] [Zekken] Moving to avoid telegraphed spells.

Literally over 7000 lines of that message over and over from just one boss fight. It does count down to 0 but it's a lot of logging...

2. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

The latest update no longer appears to be throwing exceptions for me; thank you!

3. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

Here's my latest xml database. It should include most (if not all) of the mobs from leveling fates in Coerthas highlands as that's where I'm leveling at the moment. Haven't gotten hit by an AOE since I started using this. Love it

Attached Files:

4. Neverdyne

Neverdyne Community Developer

I might have made it a little TOO chatty for debugging purposes, I'll make it almost silent on the next update. I also noticed the "wait for the spell to go off before going back in" can mess fights when the spells are targeted on your location by making the bot "kite" mobs too far away and making them de-aggro. Happened to me with the Mudpuppies earlier, so I'll change the TargetedOnTarget spell behavior to move towards the mob instead of away. I'm also working on keeping your combat routine going whlie avoiding. I'll release a quick update today with the less chatty version and a new database file with 50 or so spells I've collected, but the rest will have to wait a little.

Thanks for all the testing!

5. Neverdyne

Ah yes please, also post your databases and I'll merge them for the next release. Got around 50 spells so far on mine.

6. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I've got one request that might be more of a pipe dream then anything, but would it be possible to move the character back to the spot it was in before Zekken took over? reason being is because I will use this plugin mostly for FATEbot. And if I have agro and I just run behind him, everyone else that was behind him will need to move to get behind him again. Not to mention I consider it a sign of a good player to be courteous to other players :)

7. Neverdyne

Yup, I'll try to post some pictures later today to give a general guideline. Though the problem is that I no longer have pictures for every type of spell out there so it won't be comprehensive.

And yeah, I could make Zekken move to your previous location, however it'll mean Zekken holds control for longer while it moves back. Right now since the combat routine is not active while Zekken is active, that means your character will move around doing nothing sometimes. But still that might also solve the "infinite kiting" problem, in fact it's a pretty good idea. Do you think Zekken should also move back to the original position in case of melee "go through mob" avoidance?

8. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I would definitely say yes. Say you're a Monk and and killing the baddie from behind and he happens to AoE in the back, the bot will move it through him and you'd now be standing in front of the mob and susceptible to cleave etc. And you'd just be a bad DPS. Good DPS stand in the back, like bitches should.

And honestly, I'm not really sure what every one else uses this bot for, but in my opinion this plugin's main use will be during leveling. While I'm leveling, I'm not trying for Max DPS. Max dps is nice sure, because it kills mobs faster which means more exp/hour, but honestly staying alive far outweighs a bit of a DPS loss. A dead DPS is no DPS.

9. Neverdyne

Yup that's what I use it for too. I started making it because I had to blacklist like 3 fates from a zone cause the mobs did a nasty spell that would kill me. I don't think you should be using Zekken or any fully automated bot base for dungeons / raids tbh :p

10. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

Yup, botting for content like Dungeons and Raids is, in my case, not needed, that's what I enjoy about the game. For me, I use the bot to get rid of the tedious, ad nauseum activities like gathering and fate/grinding for items or levels (alts). I'd love to get a crafting botbase too tho, not for the high end crafting, that's enjoyable too, but when you have to make a lot of mats, the whole process is designed to be one big ugly time sink, and not an enjoyable one. It's a great game, when you don't have to do the tedium, let the bot do that :p

11. Neverdyne

Exactly, though I'll admit as a Paladin I do have a custom combat assist routine that keeps my 1-2-3 rotation for me, so I just focus on interrupts / cooldowns / targeting / movement without the tedius "keep spamming your keyboard 24/7".

12. Shambo

Shambo New Member

This is great. Only slight issue I've had so far is with Thrustaevis' where it's avoiding an area about 4x bigger than their attack. Because there's loads of them in the FATEs they feature, it's spending too much time avoiding huge patches of predicted AOE. Not sure how I'd adjust this?

13. Neverdyne

What kind of an attack is it? If its moving too far away form the origin point of the spell, it's a Reach problem. You could try diminish the reach for that spell on the database, maybe change it to ReachMedium if it was on ReachLarge. To do so, you'd need to know the spell's ID, which might be a little hard. I'll upload the 1.2.1 version in 10 mins or so and I'll make it log the spell ID it is avoiding, so if you want to change something you know where to look at in the database.

14. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I actually looked in to this. It's not a problem with the reach. I believe it's just the way you're handling circles that are targeted on other. This is the type of move where the mon casts a circle randomly on the ground. It's not always on its target, it's just somewhere and you have to not be there. Since the bot can't actually detect where the circle is you have it set to just run away. Which is fine really. But in this particular FATE has about 15 of these mobs up at once. All casting this bomb spell every where, so you spend a lot of time running. Not really sure how to fix that though.

15. Neverdyne

Yeah TargetedOnOther will always be a problem, since like you said it's impossible for the bot to know where the spell is. Might as well just ignore them all together, I guess? I even considered removing the Flag altogether, but then if people don't add those spells to the database the bot will continue to take screenshots of them. I'll just ignore them and keep your character hitting the mob.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    16. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

It would be computationally expensive, but why wouldn't it be possible? You could always run your code against all in-combat enemies in the GameObjectManager, find their target, find the target's location, find the enemy's heading, and do all the calculations for where the AoE would be?

Note that I'm not saying you should add it, I'm just wondering from a logistical standpoint if it truly is impossible, or simply impractical?

17. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

These abilities are ground targeted, they aren't targeted on a player. Just randomly nearby I think

And also, I like it better dodging then not dodging. This particular fate used to kill me all the time, and now it doesnt.

18. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

Oh, oh, I misinterpreted what TargetedOnOther meant. I thought it meant a different mob casting a TargetedOnPlayer, but because that player wasn't us it was TargetedOnOther. I understand now. Sorry.

19. Neverdyne

Yup, "TargetedOnOther" is a little confusing with "TargetedOnTarget" I'll admit, I'll change the flag to TargetedOnRandom. And yeah, there's just no way right now to avoid those, there must be some kind of data the client receives that pinpoints their location so the client can render them on the ground, but until Rebornbuddy can find that there's no way. Oh I know! You could make a neural network to image process your entire screen and find the red telegraphs and calculate their location based on your camera's perspective and terrain deformities and...and...lol

20. Shambo

Shambo New Member

Hmmm... I know what you mean, but this one is definitely too far, I'm barely getting a hit in. And it actually killed me earlier when the one outside Camp Dragonhead spawned and ran me off the cliff to dodge the constant attacks, killing me from fall as I had aggro.