• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Zekken] Avoid telegraphed attacks.

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Neverdyne, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Eklipse

Eklipse New Member

Love this plugin, was working very well for a few days and was easy to add spells and recompile, however last day or so, the plugin will hide the UI, take the screenshot but then there is nothing new in my screenshots folder under zekken ? any ideas

2. alfahim

alfahim New Member

I am experiencing the same problem as Eklipse. Screenshots are not showing in the screenshots folder under Zekken.

3. Neverdyne

Neverdyne Community Developer

Hmm, then I must have broken something going from 1.3 to 1.4, I'll look into it and post an update when it's fixed. Thanks for the feedback!

4. v1toor

v1toor New Member

my ss always came like that, but i assume that it was because of i use 2 monitors and always play in windows mode.

I have been using Zakken for 2 days with a scholar class and had no problems. Seems working fine on mage classes.

5. Neverdyne

I also use two monitors and windowed mode, on 1.3 the screenshots were being taken correctly but now they do end up black, I'm trying a few new methods of taking the screenshots, should be able to update a fix tomorrow.

6. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

Oh my.. Yuuki is your mascot! Excellent idea!
      <3
      I'll definitely give this a whirl ^^

7. RhysG

RhysG Member

the recent update has stopped working for me.
      Haven't been on the ffxiv scene a while so not sure whats going on.

need a log?

8. Neverdyne

Yes please, a log would be appreciated.

9. RhysG

RhysG Member

log attached

Attached Files:

10. Neverdyne

Hmm, aside from some compiler errors you have at the begging from Atma Hunter and an "OrderBot" plugin, I don't see any problems. What are you experiencing?

11. RhysG

RhysG Member

It simply doesn't avoid any attacks

12. Eklipse

Eklipse New Member

any updates in the works to fix the screenshots dropping into the folder again, would like to add a few i have found to be annoying, but dont know their spell id :(

13. Neverdyne

Yup I got a working version now, just testing it with a few fates to see that everything is fine. I'll release it in around an hour or so.

@RhysG I couldn't find any errors on your logs, so I'm guessing the problem is that the spells you want to avoid aren't on the spell shape database yet. It is easy to add them, you can watch the short video I made on the post to see how it's done. The version that's up right now is not taking screenshots, but I'll release the new fixed version in an hour or so and you can start adding them.

14. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

Fantastic plugin, works great. However sometimes when dodging aoe's, if there is another aoe in the direction it is running to, it obviously eats that aoe lol. Is there any way to avoid this at all?

15. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

I only really got to try this out for real today and I must say I'm extremely impressed. It works like a charm, even the multi-AoE avoidance worked wonderfully. My only request would be this: A tab within the Settings window to add new spells to the database. Something where it pulls the screenshots from the folder, shows you a preview of the screenshot, and gives you a form to enter all the data in. It's really just a convenience thing and it clearly works just fine without it, it would just be nice. ;) Either way, good job, I'm loving the plugin.

16. Neverdyne

Thanks! Good idea, I'll start working on a better interface for adding spells. I'm just really lazy when it comes to windows forms. As for better avoidance, right now it should theoretically avoid things even when multiple AoEs are nearby. For every active AoE around, it calculates an "escape route" depending on the AoE's shape and reach, then adds up their angles when there are many at the same time. There's probably many combinations of aoe directions that could be handled better than simply adding angles but I haven't been able to test that out much since it's a little hard to consistently get those situations to happen. I'll try fix stuff whenever I find it, or if you give me a more detailed description of what happened that would definitely help.

17. Mojoguy01

Mojoguy01 Member

Are the options available robust enough to be used for major encounter battles in dungeons? Some telegraphs can take up half a room that you have to avoid. Just curious for multiboxing purposes :3!

18. Neverdyne

You would have to add those spells to the database since I doubt they are already there. Many spells inside dungeons are not TargetedOnTarget or directional from the caster so it won't work with those, just more traditional ones. Also, the movement is blind which means it might try to run through a wall or fall off a platform. For dungeon boss mechanics in general I think a better approach is needed.

19. Kirbychan

Kirbychan New Member

Great job! It works amazingly well. :D
      The only thing that's bugging me is that it sometimes runs into small outdoor walls or run way too far when avoiding a single attack.
      Is there a way to change how far it will run so that things look more fluid?

20. Neverdyne

The running to walls is sadly a consequence of the blind running it uses, I might be able to change it in the future but it'll be far off. How far away it runs depends on the "Reach" flag of the spell, and how far away you are from the mob to begin with. Right now I'm using these values:

ReachLarge = 25
      ReachMedium = 15
      ReachSmall = 7

Best way to shorten the run distance for a spell is to change its Reach flag in the database to something smaller. I'll probably make those numbers configurable in the settings window next update.