• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Zingular - ZephyrMMO's Singular Tweaks.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ZephyrMMO, May 22, 2017.

1. ZephyrMMO

ZephyrMMO Active Member

no longer updated

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    2. laria

laria Well-Known Member

Isn't that a licensing/property issue for modifications of Singular?

3. Azhemoth

Azhemoth Active Member

Yes, it is. You can't just take someone's hard work - make a few minor modifications to it, then sell it.
      Singular is a licensed product of Bossland GmbH and they can take legal action against you selling it.

Also, it makes no sense that you would say "this has not gained interested from the buddy team."

I'm pretty sure the GitHub repo for Singular is public to anyone to make changes to and I'm pretty sure the BuddyTeam has told you that several times.
      And I don't see that you have any pull requests there which are being ignored so you cannot just sit here and lie to the users saying the BuddyTeam wasn't interested when you never took it upon yourself to actually contribute the proper way.

You're just in it for the easy money it seems. Taking someone else's free work and selling it... bleh.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
      marrvin likes this.
    4. ZephyrMMO

ZephyrMMO Active Member

You act like I was releasing something similar to this. The core is uhh.. somewhat? the same. But its probably about 15% singular.The only logic that is the same in my private version that I sold is boolean related. The UI is so much different and 90% of the work that it is dumb of you to accuse me of anything when you know 0% of what is in it

You of all people know how outdated singular is Azhemoth... Shame on you for thinking I could even sell a copy remotely close to it for a reasonable price

5. ZephyrMMO

ZephyrMMO Active Member

6. laria

laria Well-Known Member

It does and EchoTiger already promised to do it once the Profile rework is over, which should be soon.

7. pookthetook

pookthetook Member Buddy Store Developer

You don't care about helping the community, you just want to profit, you have from the start. You said months ago you were doing this for your 'private paid cr'.

You've talked to plenty of people (Staff) and have been answered every time.
      Want to contribute? Use the GitHub. That's what it's for. You've been told that before by multiple people. Not a single pull request.

Your coding skills are VERY novice and you don't listen to any instruction or help. You use "Well, I'm not a professional and I have almost no coding experience" as an excuse for being lazy. I've tried holding your hand and giving very detailed and clear explanations with straight up spoonfed code and you still can't manage to get it right. I spend a couple hours every single day answering questions and helping people with programming with HB. I've offered plenty to help you on here, Skype, or Discord. You don't take me up on it and you don't listen when I freely offer.

The UI for a program has 0% to do with the logic, not 90%. Any proper software nowadays is completely decoupled from the UI. I bet you're still using WinForms too. You could just as easy set everything in an old ini file and it would still behave the exact same. Almost guarantee you're still using old Behavior Trees for logic also.

Bossland wouldn't put you on payroll for your crap so you went elsewhere and found someone gullible. If anything, I feel sorry for your "buyer".

I don't have a single paid product on the store. I'm not HB staff. Know what I do to help? Check GitHub.
      Know what I'm doing for Singular? Doing a complete rewrite from scratch like I was going to a year ago before life hit me.

Most of the work isn't happening until 7.3, but we already started. Not WinForms, not Behavior Trees, and designed to be as easy as possible for people to contribute routines for. The entire thing is open source, open for contribution, and thanks to you it'll have a different license. It's not named "Pookular" either.

It's greedy, lazy, full-of-bs people like you that make this community worse. Goodbye, and good riddance.

8. evilseed

evilseed Member

Most of the work isn't happening until 7.3, but we already started. Not WinForms, not Behavior Trees, and designed to be as easy as possible for people to contribute routines for. The entire thing is open source, open for contribution, and thanks to you it'll have a different license. It's not named "Pookular" either.

Hey Piekaboo,

Can you point me to that new 7.3 github, I took 3 year sabbatical... so I have time to contribute. Hope I learn enough to be part of the new trend, cryptocurrency in games.

Regards,

9. pookthetook

pookthetook Member Buddy Store Developer

10. ZephyrMMO

ZephyrMMO Active Member

I am only working on the Combat Logic. But ok if you really feel the need to attack me over not updating an already dead project then go ahead.

the bulk of the work is done by someone else because just as you said here. My C# is not good enough to accomplish that on my own. So perhaps look at the big picture before attacking me. They just gave me better options to build from over singular

If I could post it for free I would. They won't let me and rightfully so. They spend most of the hours on the CR while I work on much more simpler profiles.

This is the last I am going to care and defend myself from people over-reacting. I used a poor chioce of words when closing this thread. I should have just said I will not update this anymore and left it at that since you are blowing everything out of context because money happened to be involved.

You can be an idiot and get rich from HB from just selling gold. The money I would make from selling this CR is such a small number compared to just selling gold selling it would be a waste of time. (selling it was more of a buy in to the team. each member paid something. It will not be further redistributed)

Hence the entire "Free or Private" unfortunately I need help to accomplish what I want with Zingular like you have stated many times. So I had to go the Private route. It is a result of me forming a bigger team to expand my gold selling.

My first plan was to have solid public releases to help bolster HB sales. Since that did not work out we are just going to try and handle more bots ourselves. And keep everything Private. Sorry if you think that makes me a scumbag or a leech. But that is my choice to make not yours.

Why make so much drama over such a minimal closer. All the good community stuff isn't even made by me I have released nothing of quality only made minor tweaks. (or in some cases not even the code is mine like the crafted plugin that you helped me with a while ago... None of that is even mine I just got help from you and mh66 and then posted it up.

I never even used the damn thing it was just a request from the plugins request and I did what I could to help

So stop making such a big deal about it when you have very talented devs like yourself and Mh66 and echo around.

If my stuff is really that bad on my own then it will all crumble down and I will be stuck with leftovers.

And just because you are fairly new to coding and do not understand it yet does not make you "Lazy". You were trying to teach me how to run before I could walk. None of the code you wrote me made any sense because of the stage as I was at in learning.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    11. miltonb

miltonb Member

dose zingular fix targeting issues singular has and gonna be in the new version?