• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [A-Grind] Skreef's Turtle Trasher [87-89]

Discussion in '85-90' started by Skreef, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Skreef

Skreef New Member

[A-Grind] Skreef's Turtle Trasher [87-88]

;)Skreef's Turtle Trasher (87+);)
      {A more discrete area with a low rate of player character traffic}

TurtleTrasher.jpg

Difficulty: Moderate (cloth wearers may have difficulty with multiple mobs)
      XP Return: My Blood DK at level 87 got aprox 1,800,000 XP in one hour.
      Mail: My profile uses the mailbox outside of the North Wind Tavern in Zouchin Village.
      Repair: My profile visits Steelbender Doshu oposite the North Wind Tavern in Zouchin Village to repair your equipment.
      Settings: Use Anti-Drown Plugin as my profile will make your character go underwater occasionally.
      [HR][/HR]
      Directions
      Take a potion of water walking with you! Jump down where indicated pop the potion, mount up and run on the water round the map to the grind area! You can swim if you like but it takes a while :p

getthere.jpg
      [HR][/HR]
      Description:

I was looking for a profile that grinds from 87+ in a discrete location that's low traffic for other player characters. When I couldn't find one I decided to make my own. My profile grinds on level 88 "Shoreshell Snapper's" and the occasional level 88 "Azure Prickly Crawler." These turtles have a 6% drop rate for motes of harmony, supply a healthy amount of greens and stacks of raw turtle meat that can be used for cooking or turned in for "Iron Paw Tokens" at half-hill market! If you're a skinner you can expect a good return of exotic leather also. For the exact location please use the picture above. My profile will run past a bunch of the nearby trolls in order to use the repair vendor and mailbox. The trolls are on the profiles avoid list so it will ignore them if attacked and run on to the village or grinding area. My profile is set up to mail from whites up to purples and to sell all greys.

This is my first profile and contribution to the HB community, I hope that it is of use to you! If you have any comments, suggestions, questions or flames please use this thread. :p

Skreef :cool:

Credit to Botanist and Kick for providing the information required to learn how to make profiles.
      [HR][/HR]
      Profile: View attachment Skreefs Turtle Trasher.xml

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    2. moj

moj New Member

Downloading and testing now. Will get back, when i have some results :)

3. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Thanks for taking the time to test it Moj. I look forward to hearing your results. :)

4. moj

moj New Member

So i have let it run for about 2 hours now, and i must say it is flawless. I am not much of a grinder (no dirty thoughts), but the whole time i let this one ran, I saw no other persons than me. I have tried other grinding profiles, but it always seems to be in a fair crowded place. It seems that you have this place to yourself. I am playing on a high populated server, during evening hours, and saw noone during the 2 hours. I play a level 87 retri Paladin and I am doing about 2,2 mill ex/hr and 235. kills/hr.

+1 from me dude.

5. Skreef

Skreef New Member

I'm glad you like it. Cheers for the feedback! :cool:

6. Smithy_1825

Smithy_1825 Member

Being using for last hour or so now. 87 Demo Warlock, Around 3.5m exp/hr with rested. Haven't had any issues nor have i seen any other people. thanks a lot for the profile

7. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Glad you like it Smithy. Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated. :D

8. Wipen

Wipen New Member

Looks really good! But how do I get there? Since I'm only grinding and I can't found out how to get near there since there is only mountain all around? I know that I have to do quests to get there or is there any other way? :)

9. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Hi Wipen. To make it super easy to get there (no quests involved) I've updated my original post with directions! Hope this helps you and anyone else having trouble getting there.

10. Smithy_1825

Smithy_1825 Member

Dam wish i knew that route. I ran up the temple area and jumped off to death, ran back again got body fell to death until i ended up at the GY on otherside then took 10min res sickness haha.

11. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Ouchie! I guess I should have put directions up sooner! I'll know for my next profile! :D

12. xytoxx

xytoxx New Member

Hey dude, i was super keen to use ur profiles to hit 90, but im a super noob, i downloaded the bot and all, installed ur profile, when i click start it says : Starting the bot! Currently Using BotBase : Combat Bot Changing current profile to Skreef's Turtle Trasher! Level 87+ - Then nothing. what am i doing wrong? btw i spent about 30-45mins googling :s

13. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Hiya Xytoxx your using the "combat bot" base to run a "grind" profile. Just pick "Grind Bot" from the pull down menu (top right hand side of HB window) hit start and it should work no problems after that. It took me a while to figure out all that stuff my self! :D Also cheers for googling!

Btw if your going to grind afk use Log Me Out to play it safe! :D

Hope the profiles work out for you! Any problems please let me know!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    14. xytoxx

xytoxx New Member

haha thanks mate its working great now, though i noticed sometimes it pull mobs and doesnt face them? is that normal? i dont want to leave it alone and have it spam icy touch till a gm finds me lol ty again for this, ill be sure to use your other 2
      profiles when i advance in lvls :D

15. Skreef

Skreef New Member

It's normal for it to pull this way afaik. As long as it fights facing them! I'm guessing your running a Frost DK? If so let me advise you switch out to "Blood" you will find grind leveling a lot faster and it will help your survivability especially with my last profile the Tiger Thumper :cool:

16. xytoxx

xytoxx New Member

Thanks yea i was running unholy but you said u were running blood, and past knowledge of the spec persuaded me to swap over, its soo much easier :D and yea it sorted itself out after 2-3 pulls, anyway, thanks so much i really appreciate the advice, really helped a noob botter get started. :D tyvm

17. Skreef

Skreef New Member

Your welcome :D

18. quantumqt

quantumqt New Member

Starting the bot!
      Currently Using BotBase : Grind Bot
      This profile does not contain any profiles fitting the character!
      Bot Stopped! Reason: This profile does not contain any profiles fitting the character!

I'm an elemental shaman.

19. Skreef

Skreef New Member

This error usually means your outside the level requirements. If your not level 87 or higher you get this error. You can run it at a lower level by changing the

<MinLevel>87</MinLevel>
      <MaxLevel>99</MaxLevel>

Settings in the profile. Change the 87 to whatever level you are. However doing this will probably see your toon get eaten alive by angry turtles! :eek:

20. quantumqt

quantumqt New Member

Thanks! I'll try that! I'm geared pretty well (almost all 410 blue @ 86), so I'm going to give it a go! You get huge bonus points from me because I'm a skinner btw! :D

Edit: The first hour into the grind I've gotten 1,6M XP. 86 ele shammy works as a charm; 0 deaths.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013