• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] BasicBoxer [Simple Multiboxing]

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Store Botbases' started by Millz, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Can you post a full, unedited log file please?

Ref:
      How To Attach a Log

2. Farix

Farix Member

Millz, so I ended up buying this over the weekend. I have some constructive criticsm that could definitely benefit those using this to get conquest points in 2s.

BasicBoxer on occasion, will stop working randomly - I think it's the constant load screen nature of doing 2s arenas. (I can attach a log after I run into it again and know right when to take the logs for you; I've been stopping and reloading the bot every 3 games)
      Is it possible to have classtype movement settings like BGFarmer? Where its movement will align to that of being a caster, melee or healer. (Maybe also enable a kiting option, so you can bot a healer and it'll kite melee and eventually head back to the party leader. [this should make it look more human like in general, not just in PvP] (For instance, let's say you're boxing with a caster and it just stands in a 10 yard field of silence - basicboxer kicks in and moves the caster out of it)
      Trinket usage options? That way if the combat routine doesn't handle that stuff, BasicBoxer can pick up that slack? (i.e. Trinket type: PvP; Usage: friendly hp low & in cc; target hp low and burst/trinket buffs active; etc)
      Random emote usage, as well.
      Oh, also Dalaran Arena throws the bot off with exiting that tunnel pipe. I almost always have to open that window and move the bot out before I head out.

Additionally, for stealth classes - can you make whatever CR being used utilize dash or sprint, etc? That way they can always keep up.

check box to enable attack/heal out of combat?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    3. fiberoptic76

fiberoptic76 Member

i have a question before buying
      From the buddy store you have a two day trial, I have accepted this. where do I go to in honorbuddy menu?
      I cant see this plugin in my plugins, so how do acces this feature?
      I see the basicboxer mills in the drop down, not the config menu like you show on the first page of this post..

kind regards

4. Farix

Farix Member

it's a botbase. not a plugin. So, where 'Questing' usually is - BasicBoxer is now an option.

5. fiberoptic76

fiberoptic76 Member

My question was where are the settings "See the basicboxer mills in the drop down, I dont see the config menu like you show on the first page of this post..

Found it, even a small tutorial of how this plugin/botbase works would have been nice. Just my two cents.

So Far I have been testing this out with 2 Mages and it needs a babysitter 24/7.
      The follower getting stuck so often he loses so many quests because of it.. so far its pretty crap, and woudnt recommend it.

6. Millz

Hey

Randomly stopping working - I would need a log file for this, but yeah, potentially something to do with the loading screens.

Movement, anything other than keeping up with the leader, and trinkets should all be handled by the combat routine.

Attack/Heal out of combat I can add - will stick it on my to-do list.

Cheers

After you select BasicBoxer as the bot base, you then click 'Bot Config' to edit your options.

As for getting stuck - are you using it with the Questing bot base? Because the description makes this quite clear that this isn't what it's designed for;

https://store.buddyauth.com/Product?productId=4521
      [​IMG]

7. fiberoptic76

fiberoptic76 Member

So tell me where does it say that: (please note this isnt designed to be used AFK....)
      Because for one it doesnt mention it on the buddy store! image: http://imgur.com/lTve0IT

And it doesnt say that on your first page: image: http://imgur.com/PuJ8Xke

If im really fair only thing that comes close by saying that is in your blue image stating " BasicBoxer is designed to allow you to control your lead character, and slave characters to copy the actions from your lead character"

I hope you can understand that, to me this is somewhat misleading, because it doesnt discribe any limitations on how I want to control my character, hence the reason I was expecting it to do so.
      Try to be more obvious about it, so people know what they are buying, im glad I havent spend the bucks yet.

Fiber OuT!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    8. Millz

[​IMG]

Agree it's not ideal that it's after the 'Read More' - but nothing I can do about that. Product listings tend not to list the things they don't do as an opening statement.

*Edit: I've also updated the first post of this thread to make it a bit more obvious.

9. Farix

Farix Member

That's cool, I was referring to the use of Vitalic bot with this botbase. BGFarmer has somehow allowed movement overrides; so I was really hopeful about it picking up the slack that certain CR dev's don't always code into their routines. That said, what about a companion plugin that is a basic trinket/movement manager? Wouldn't take much more to get this tip top.

Additionally, the follower needs better mounting logic. As far as stealth followers go, I can't even mount with the main cause it just won't keep up (bot leader).

10. Pochizzle

Pochizzle Member

just recently got this, any way you could possibly add tank as a follower mode for when running dungeons that aren't supported?
      Sometimes it will give the lead to random DPS and ends up making the heals slack behind the tank some, and I can't seem to get the char name follow mode to work

11. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I love this botbase, but I am also tempted to rate it not so favourably, because of the existing bugs that are easy enough to fix and have been around for too long.

1. The Bot still tries to complete quests before HB has chosen the best rewards. This leads to multiple "[RedError] You must choose a reward."
      2. All combat hooks should be disabled while mounting and while on a mount. Especially with the passenger mount my priest constantly tries to shield me which leads to "[RedError] You can't do that right now." spam.
      3. The option selection on quest TurnIn needs fixing. Example: The Quest NPC offers 2 quests, the first is incomplete, the second is complete. Then the bot recognizes a finished quest, but always tries to turn in the first incomplete one in a loop. (Screenshot)
      4. When I have flown too far up in the air, the following bot does not try to mount up more than once to get to me even though it is easy enough to recognize the character the bot needs to follow is on a flying mount

Again, I love this thing, but I am currently tempted to roll my own, because of these issues. Would love to see a fix.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    12. Farix

Farix Member

I also think it's important for "follow by character name" to work also. I'd like to be able to raid and have the bot follow different players in case of split groups.

13. Millz

Yeah I don't really want to go down the route of bridging CR gaps with this. Was a nightmare with BGFarmer. Trinkets should really be left to CRs too.

The follower will just copy mounting from the leader, or alternatively it can be disabled to not mount at all (which means leader can mount, but slave won't).

I'll add an option to follow party tank. I'll take another look at follow by char name. Should be working. Will add some extra logging too.

1) Have you got a log file for this? It's trying to turn it in as quick as possible so that it can keep up with the leader. That's why it's spam trying to accept. If it's not accepting the reward at all then I need the log to see what's happening.

2) PreCombatBuffBehavior is still be called when mounted. The CR should be deciding what should and shouldn't be done when mounted.

3) I'll need to look into this one further. The QuestFrame only distinguishes between Available (!) and Active (?) quests. It doesn't disclose whether a quest is Active (Grey "?") or Active (Yellow "?"). Other bot bases such as Questing get around this by looking for the specific quest ID specified in the questing profile - a luxury BasicBoxer doesn't have. *Edit* Actually, I think I can get around this by comparing with quest log entries.

4) Have you got a log for this one? Haven't seen that happen. There's no way to distinguish what type of mount the lead toon is using (i.e. ground or flying). This is the reason why I changed the bot recently so that if we can fly, it'll always use the flying mount, otherwise default to ground mount.

Where are you experiencing this issue? Need to recreate it. I've made some changes to use a different method for finding the players in our group, but I'd like to ensure this is working correctly.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    14. Studio60

Thanks for the response!

1) I can easily produce a log next time I run it as it is a consistent behavior. And it does work as the reward will eventually be selected by HB and then the turnin does complete. I know it is probably superstitious, but firing off "illegal" lua requests just does not feel good. Maybe even a loop with a slight delay would reduce the number of illegal requests. I have not yet looked into the available lua functions for the quest frame, but maybe there is a way to check if a reward has been selected before firing the turnin request. It would also be possible to at least check if GetNumQuestLogRewards() is greater than one and if it is, then add a slight delay to those quests.

2) I don't think Singular has an option to disable casting while mounted. At least I couldn't find it. If that is the case, you might want to consider handling that in the botbase, because a lot of people are using Singular.

3) Well, you do know if that NPC has a complete quest in his list, so you could try looping through the quest options of the NPC while that is the case, check IsQuestCompletable() on the quest frame and if it is not, then click the back button and check the next index until you hit a completable quest. It might take a few seconds, but it will work and it is still better than the bot being stuck. :) Additionally you should probably move the turnin in front of the pickup, because iirc sometimes the followup quests gets accepted before all quests are turned in and that can cause this situation.

4) Same as 1 - I will try to reproduce it next time I play my two RAF'd characters and post a log.

15. Studio60

You will probably be inclined to say that Singular needs to fix this, but we all know the probability of this happening, so it is probably better to just block Singular from doing anything.

In this log the bot has mounted up, but as soon as the leader moves, the bot casts Shield on the leader.
      View attachment DismountToShield.txt

In this log the bot has mounted the passenger mount and is also constantly trying to shield the leader. This obviously leads to red errors.
      View attachment ShieldingOnPassengerMount.txt

I can disable "Shield Pre-Pull" in Singular's options, but then it will not be used at all and let's face it, With the talented speed buff I basically always want the bot to shield my leader except for when we are riding somewhere. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    16. Millz

Okay, I'll block the buffing call when mounted. It's not ideal, but you're right that Singular isn't going to get changed.

I've got a fix working for quest turn in when there's multiple grey ?'s, and using autoequip to do item selection instead of just picking the first reward - then slowed the whole thing down a bit.

17. Studio60

I am so happy to hear this. Can't wait to see it live. :) Thank you.

18. Millz

New build pushed, awaiting approval;

[11/Mar/2016]
      - Change to resolve issue with finding party leader by name.
      - Pre-Combat buffing is now blocked when mounted and leader is not in combat.
      - Improved logic behind quest reward selection.
      - Added party tank to options for who to follow.

19. Studio60

The latest changes are really good.

In my eyes there is only one issue remaining: When the bot picks up a quest, there seems to be some reward selection lua going on, because everytime it picks up a quest that has a reward, there is a "[WoWRedError] You must choose a reward.". It is probably a simple bug in the lua call, but a bug nontheless. Look around line 998 in the log. View attachment 53752 2016-03-13 21.09.txt

20. Millz

That's just to handle different types of quest turn ins (and the related rewards). Somewhat intentional. It's nothing to worry about.