• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Blade of the Assassin - A Rogue PvE Routine

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by MoreCox, Nov 5, 2015.

1. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Hey,

Answering in the order you asked.

1. Dummys are not considered Bosses, so you have to uncheck only on boss for cooldowns to get used.
      2. It's already pooling energy outside of Major Cooldows / FW on target, it will pool and only use your maintenance spells like Rupture and Slice'n'Dice, it will only use Evis if you are over 3 anticipation stacks if you are in "pool mode". Im looking into pooling even more Energy if SD / Vanish is coming off cd.

3. it should only ever cast vanish on SD if you ticked the t18 4p checkbox, where you want to use vanish with SD up, because you get a 30% dmg increase after vanishing which should go into your SD because of the energycost reduction for Ambush.
      if you got t184p it's not about maximizing FW uptime but maximising output on ShadowDance. I just double checked, if you don't have the checkbox in options enabled, it will not cast vanish if you have FW up on your target.

4. It should use Premed if you are able to use it (vanished/subterfuge/SD) and have less than or equal to 4 combopoints, because premed can't generate anticipation Combopoints, after looking at the code, it should work, but i will look into it when playing myself and fix it if I can reproduce your situation.

5. not to easy to implement because you can't tell the routine when the fight will start, so assume you just killed trash and a pulltimer of 20 seconds starts, routine will then use premed and you will loose an combopoint because of decay.
      opening should be completely handled by yourself like so :

12 seconds prepull : premed
      4 seconds prepull : Tricks on Tank
      2 seconds prepull : Slice'n Dice
      1 seconds prepull : Opener macro

The opening macro would be the following assuming you have t184p :
      PHP:
      #showtooltip
      /castsequence reset=30 Draenic Agility Potion,Shadow Reflection;
      /
      castsequence reset=10 Vanish,Rupture;
      This will use your Agi pot, put SR up, uses Vanish and instantly puts up 5cp Rupture(5 cp from t18 2p) for your sanguary veins.

Opening is also kinda messy to implement, so your best bet would be doing it manually like that.

No worries, I'm glad for every feedback i can get to improve :)

cheers, MoreCox

2. boogiesan

boogiesan New Member

Hey buddy. Let me start by saying that I think your CR is amazing. I have used all the ones available I think yours is the best CR out there for PVE.

I only have one question,

The bot uses the ring during the opener/burst for some reason. Is there a way to disable this? For pugs it is fine. But in guild raids it becomes an issue.

3. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Hey boogiesan, thank you for testing and providing feedback, and also for the kind words!
      If you got any suggestions regarding rotation or literally anything, just tell me here or in a private message and I'm glad to consider implementing it.

I have no code at all for Ring usage in my CR because one should really time that with the raid, that has to be either a plugin, or some other Honorbuddy setting which uses the ring.
      If you provide me a Log of a fight where the ring get's used by the bot I might figure out was causes this, but im 100% sure it is not my CR since I didn't implement it, I Implemented trinket usage, but i would advise you pop those yourself too at the right timings.

Please make sure it's not in your opening macro or burst cd macro if you are using cooldowns by yourself (what you should do, to maximize dps)

cheers, MoreCox

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    4. aLorzy91

aLorzy91 New Member

for some reason it's not saving or applying any changes i'm making (checking Only on Boss boxes, etc).

5. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Hey aLorzy91,

At the moment you have to make your changes, then switch back to the first tab (the one opening when you open the settings) and klick on "use settings" to save and use those settings you made. I know I should make this button visible at all pages, and i will do that soon.

If it still is not saving and using your settings i would need a log to look further into it.
      Please do also make sure your Folder structure looks like this:
      Honorbuddy/Routines/BladeOfTheAssassin

Feel free to either post here or write me a pm if you can't fix this yourself!

cheers, MoreCox

6. Hobo

Hobo Member

settings wont save

7. Lbniese

Lbniese Active Member Buddy Store Developer

Where's the prepull code in the combat routine? I don't see it :)

8. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Please do read instructions, thats why they exist.

Hey, please make sure your Folder structure looks like this :HB/Routines/BladeOfTheAssassin

I've already told this to 3 people now, one right above you. It's also with bold letters in the first Post. If the routine can't find the settingsmanager, how would it save your settings?

Please do also make sure after changing the settings to your liking to go back on the first Tab and click on the "use settings" button, don't just close the settings window.

If both doesn't help I would need a Log to look into it further.

What do you mean with prepull code?
      There is none if you mean things like premed into slice'n'dice or vanishing prepull to get a 5 CB opener, you have to do this by yourself, i posted a macro earlier in this thread with the opening I am using.

If you are referring to the time between fights, when the bot checks if it has to apply poisons or restealths, that's in HB/Routines/BladeOfTheAssassin/Core/Routines/PreCombat.cs

cheers, MoreCox

9. spessien

spessien New Member

Hi I love your cr for me it works very good.Do you do mythic with that cr?

10. trashmaster

trashmaster Member

you should read his first post on page 1. he quit coz of ban 12/16/15.

11. spessien

spessien New Member

omg thank you I cant believe I didnt see it

12. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Hey spessien,

While it is true that i quit wow, I'm not quitting the forums here just yet, I don't have a contract since im not on the store, but i believe in giving support for the products I offer. After all it was a learning experience for me, so I can learn even more by still giving out support. I won't update the routine though, since I am not playing wow anymore and can't test stuff.

regarding your question, yes I did raid mythic with it, i wrote it while still being in heroic HFC since there were no Rogue routines avaiable, atleast none which satisfied my needs.
      It carried me with ease through Heroic, always in the 90+ percentile, and always in the top 5 dps, even when i was undergeared.
      so if you have any questions regarding the routine or setup in HFC feel free to ask, im gladly answering those, if i can.

At the moment with all the christmas and family stuff going on, it might be not answered right away, but i will make sure to frequently check this thread.

So far, thanks for using, have fun with it and stab some backs :)

cheers, MoreCox

13. oxydow

oxydow New Member

This Combat Routine still working fine for legion ?

14. wallyworld

wallyworld Banned

Did you look at the last date someone posted in this thread? It was nearly 10 months ago...

All signs point to this no longer working.

15. facedark

facedark New Member

Unfortunately not - rogues are stuck with Singular which is far from optimal for anything but leveling.

16. virtual

virtual Member

OMG rogue singular from honorbuddy sucks so bad its the worst class so far to level the bot doesnt even use the artifact weapon abilities.

This is horrible

17. RandomGuy260

RandomGuy260 New Member

Viatlic just updated his CR, it's a beast.

18. YippySkippy

YippySkippy Member

but does not work in quest mode unless there is a setting. i have not found.

19. Rydx

Rydx New Member

Is there any Outlaw routine out there?

20. Bammeh

Bammeh Member

TuanHA, Vitalic. Google them.