• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Bot Map Knowledge?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Infinite Monkeys, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Infinite Monkeys

Infinite Monkeys Community Developer

I'm looking to start writing scripts for the bot, but one thing I'd like to know before I get stuck in is how much information the bot knows about the map. Does it know where area transitions are? Maphacks work so I guess it's at least possible to get that data from the client.

2. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

If you wanna start developping stuff for the bot, you should consider installing VS (+ resharper if needed), just because it provides a full API tree GUI.
      To answer :

Q: Does the bot knows where transitions are?
      A: No, it's reserved to some cheating software.

Q: What informations can you get?
      A: lot... probably not useful for your project but I'm pretty sure you can know which instance of the map you're in (if it's a core map) which mods are actives (if it's a device map)
      anything related to coords, and some other stuff.

Tbh, just download VisualStudio & attach EB to your project, you should be able to see the full API tree and search for what you're looking for ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    3. pimpek21

pimpek21 New Member

If you are willing to help community i would suggest you to start with Masters script. As far as i know the Masters script been abandoned :(. And now where possibility of having Master on Map is nearly 100% would be nice to have it done.

4. Infinite Monkeys

I'm currently modifying the CustomPlayerMover plugin, the plan is to make it compatible with all movement skills and use quicksilver flasks for long runs. I'd also like to modify it so that you can set a distance and it'll move to that range from the enemy with the movement skill rather than directly on top of them, as lightning warping into the middle of blue packs has killed me a few times :p Masters will be a much more complicated project, but I'll definitely at least look into it. My key runs out tomorrow and I can't get another right now so it won't be for a while though.

Thanks, I have it open in Visual Studio and couldn't find the data I was after, I was just hoping I'd missed it. That information would be incredibly useful (super fast questing and boss runs for a start) :(

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    5. Infinite Monkeys

By which instance, do you mean eg. for Docks you can tell which of the possible layouts you're in? That'd be very useful for corrupted area farming, but I searched for 'map' in the VS documentation (which took a while to scroll through) and couldn't find anything that does this :(

6. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Take a look at jyam's DockCorruptedFarmer ;)

to do it for another zone, just find the zone with a corrupted area in, dump data, and you'll get the terrain information

7. mrfuture

mrfuture Member

Well, once you run dominus, bots pretty well knows where are the stars and he heads exactly towards them, any idea why?

8. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

watafakdidIjustread.