• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Can we tell if we are currently LevelSync'd down a few levels?

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Wheredidigo, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

I'm working on a Plugin that will teleport you around the world based off of your current ClassLevel. A problem I'm running into is if you sync down a few levels, then I'm going to teleport you to a new zone that is appropriate for your new level.

Is there a way to check if you are currently Sync'd or not?

2. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

As far as I know there's no bool for checking whether your level is synced or not, but you could conceivably do one of two things:

1. OnPulse you could check the character's level and write it to a private variable only if it's higher than the previous level written, that way when you level sync down your level won't be overwritten but when you level up it will.

2. The FataData Manager has Fate Data including location and max level (ff14bot.Managers.FateData.Location, ff14bot.Managers.FateData.MaxLevel) and you could manipulate those with the FateManager's list of all active fates (ff14bot.Managers.FateManager.ActiveFates) to figure out if you are currently in an active fate and if so whether it would have level synced you down based on the fate's max level.

Option 1 seems easier but still not terribly elegant.

3. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

I'll see if there is a simple boolean we can expose if we are level syncd.

Edit:
      I think you can also check core.player.classlevels and check the current job and see if its that is modified when we sync(i dont think it is.)

4. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

They modify when sync'd.