• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Can WoW monitor your preformance? and WoWBrowser*****.exe?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by DJKid, Sep 14, 2013.

1. DJKid

DJKid New Member

Ok, so 2 questions.

1) Can Blizz monitor the performance of your game play? I play my mains both by hand and Lazy Raider, but some alts (like my monk tank) I mostly use Lazy Raider. I noticed my DPS went from (HB) 60-80K to (Hand) 30-40K... Will blizz be able to look at this if anything is questioned? I ask this because I read stories about people being flagged for using 32 & 64 bit WoW Client. I only use the 32 bit, but with all the patches I've logged onto the 64 bit a few times before noticing.

2) What is "WoWBrowser*****.exe"? I've never noticed it before, but never really looked for it. I opened my Task Manager to make sure Wow.exe and not Wow-64.exe was running and found the Browser ***** exe and it scared me a lil with all Blizz is sneaking around doing already. Dunno why it wont let me type 'Pee' 'Are' 'Oh' 'Ex' 'Why'.

2. rzerox

rzerox New Member

WOWBrowser.exe is used for viewing your support tickets in game.

3. DJKid

DJKid New Member

Sweet, thanx.

Anyone know about Blizz monitoring performance? Is it safe to play my Monk I usually bot if my DPS drops by half... Or is that something Blizz may notice?

4. jlindstedt

jlindstedt New Member

1. No your dps is not something that is going to get you flagged.
      2. Wow *****.exe is for your ingame browser it was implemented in 5.3, its nothing to be concerned about. I do not understand the statement about others being flagged for using 32 or 64 bit client? It does not matter which one you use. In order to use hb it has to be the 32 bit version because hb was coded as a 32 bit program. Nothing regarding the different clients is going to flag you.

5. DJKid

DJKid New Member

Sweet, thanx

6. Aetheric

Aetheric Member

Blizzard do know that you're running on a 64-bit architecture.
      They also know whether you're using the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of wow.

Being on a 64-bit version of wow would immediately rule you out as a botter.

You fill in the blanks ...

7. jlindstedt

jlindstedt New Member

I know of at least 2 other wow bots that run 64 bit. As stated before the type of wow client that you use will not get you banned.

8. Aetheric

Aetheric Member

Correct, but running a 32-bit client on a 64-bit architecture may raise suspicion, because why should you want to do that except when you run something that forces you to do so : like HB.

That's why I think HB *should* be able to run on a 64-bit wow client as well.

9. silkshade

silkshade New Member

The 64 bit client crashes quite a bit for me, or did in the past anyway. I would often start playing (legit) using the 64 bit client, but whenever it crashed I'd restart in the 32 bit client.

10. subrand0m

subrand0m New Member

As of 5.4 they have pushed the 64bit verstion of WoW as the standard. As started above, this can raise flags. Honestly running a scan to locate players doing this would not be hard. Seeing as you must FORCE the game to play 32bit over the 64 bit default load. I honestly feel this is a major issue and is one of the reasons I wont be botting for a while.

11. holdhotter

holdhotter New Member

Are there any plans on making HB 64bit client compatible?

12. Thomas_7

Thomas_7 New Member

I would add to 1st question, while Blizzard doesnt monitor how much dps you do, but they do monitor your cpu and RAM usage. In some ban stories they explicitly mention that.

13. tmzko

tmzko New Member

I dont think they can ban you for using a 32bit client when theyve supplied it. You can easily say the 64bit crashed for you and thus youre using the 32bit version because u have no problems with it.

14. 1101011

1101011 Member

oh yes they should bann all people who "tweak" their wow to fit their personal computer settings.

There are still legit players who want to have maximal performance. Not all play 64 bit because,, it has no advantage.
      It isn't faster and as long as wow don't need more than 3 gigs ram it has no advanatage.
      All Registers are longer so well they need more ram bandbridge to do the same with 64 bit.

Okay the difference is minimal and normaly you don't notice it but how many players have individual settings?

You have a quad core and a sli card and play on minimal? Must be a botter... Or maybe a christ ;-)

15. stuckinthelag

stuckinthelag New Member

All multiboxer software out there, are 32bit and none are getting banned for that

16. tmzko

tmzko New Member

You can have all settings on maximum and use 32bit client. Your argument is invalid.