• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Confused as to what the status is

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by dayloon, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. dayloon

dayloon Active Member

Hi All,

I've been away for a short while and come back to a banned account. I've been trying to find some basic information on the forum but to be honest have been hit by a wall of opinions. It's difficult finding actual facts.

I basically just want to know

a) Do the buddy team know what caused the bans ? In terms of the detection method ?
      b) Has blizzard's detection method now been blocked in the new version of honorbuddy ?

Many Thanks.

2. tomcruise

tomcruise Banned

No and no

3. huntersmoon

huntersmoon New Member

A) No one knows.
      B) No one knows.

That's the real answer to both questions. Blizzard keep everything under wraps obviously to avoid us ever knowing how they found out and let's be honest the chances of a rogue blizzard employee (legitimate source not a friend who knows a guy whos father in law has a son who works for a bank whos bosses daughter's son works at Blizzard HQ as an intern story..). The brutal truth is they could be collecting and flagging more accounts for another ban wave, no one will be able to tell you for sure whats happening. Only thing we do know is trip wire got an update to flag warden a little better and many people are botting again. There does seem to be more bans in the ban section but this could just be down to human error (letting the bot run 24+ hours, getting stuck on a wall for long periods of time, running the same route hours on hours... etc.)

If you aren't feeling like getting banned. Don't bot.

4. Lipstick

Lipstick Member

From what I've read;
      a) No. Only speculations have been made that they used the client as malware or something to scan systems for a brief period and caught people that way (illegal-ish detection).
      b) I do not know. There were improvements made to the tripwire thing atleast.

5. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

you can just read the official announcement threads

closed

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.