• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Do not buy game accounts from PlayerAuctions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by chomchom, Jun 23, 2011.

1. chomchom

chomchom New Member

I purchased a game account recently with a 1 year insurance. Just 11 days of usage and the original owner reclaimed their account. I took a screenshot of the ticket number which states that the original owner called in to Blizzard to reclaim their account. So, I went ahead and filed the insurance claim to get reimbursed from PlayerAuctions for the lost game account.

They responded and said that after their investigation, the account was not reclaimed but was stolen. It was not stolen because I had proof to show that the original owner talked to a Blizzard customer service rep.

This is a warning for the Buddy community, not to buy game accounts from this website because: 1. game accounts usually get reclaimed and 2. they offer fraudulent insurance.

You would have to pay over $6.99 for insurance coverage when you make the purchase so you can be protected for 1 year should the account get reclaimed. But through my experience, they will not reimburse you.

With that being said, it is really not worth it to buy game accounts that is not under your name. They can always reclaim it later on, whether it is 10 days or 6 months. I am not saying all accounts will be reclaimed, but the chance of it being reclaimed is rather high.

2. bonehand

bonehand New Member

I have never have an issue with PA's customer service or the insurance I pay.

Even the one account recalled was covered under the insurance and I got an $85 coupon code to purchase another account in about a month.
      Been using PA since it started, buying and selling EQ/EQ2 plat. I have purchased 6 WoW accounts, one was recalled, 2 were banned while quest botting with HB. The last 3 are going strong.

True, you do run a risk of being recalled, but that is not due to PA, it's due to kids scamming people for a few bucks.

3. kkkevin

kkkevin New Member

PA is fantastic. I've bought 6 accounts from there, and in fact, just bought another about 5 minutes ago. Always been fine with the reclaimed issues, too. Check the person's profile and reputation before you buy from them.

4. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

They seem to be a little slow on reimbursing but a friend of mine put in a complaint to BBB and they magically decided the investigation had taken long enough and reimbursed.. I prefer to buy an account that the seller will provide copy of ID.

5. chomchom

chomchom New Member

Here's a tip, do not buy accounts from 'resellers.' Take a look at this response I got from them.

"Thank you for the information.However, we only give the compensation when it is proved that the seller took back the game account. Since this game account was reclaimed by the original owner but not the seller, we are not be able to reimburse you."

So, they are offering insurance to account resellers and taking people's money and if the account get's reclaimed by original owner, they refuse to reimburse you.

Don't buy insurance from account resellers because you will not get protected.