• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • ExilebuddyBeta Developers Testing/Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pushedx, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Emmitt

Emmitt Member

Thank you, I will try out the tick settings in a bit

2. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Beta #851 was just built. There's a gap in the version numbers due to some unexpected changes that needed to be done for users to use our TimePicker control.

This version adds two new plugins for some commonly requested features. These plugins are really basic, but show how to use the API in the new design to accomplish things that used to be a lot more complex in Release. You can configure plugins through the Settings tab. You need to enable the plugins to use them first, through the Plugins tab.

The RandomWaits plugin shows an example of registering an external Poi into ExilebuddyBot. The logic is setup to randomly trigger a town wait once exploration is complete, and the bot is back in town. Random town runs while grinding is not implemented, because it's kind of a bad thing. Ideally, you want less repeated town trips and more random time in town after runs are done.

The Scheduler plugin shows another example of using the new OnGuiTick event to trigger bot starts/stops. After the bot has run a specific amount of time, it will instantly log out, The current plugin doesn't care what the bot is doing at the time, so it's most likely users will want some more control over when the logout happens. E.g., if a mirror drops and your time is up, the plugin forces the bot out of the game, so considerations such as that have to be kept in mind when trying to limit bot time.

Anyways, these are just some basic examples of doing logic the new way. More features and customization can be worked in over time based on feedback, but for now, there's a lot of other things to do before we extend these plugins more.

3. pushedx

Beta #852 was just built. This version converts the chicken/auto-flask logic into plugins, so other bots can make use of them. This means you can use the PickitBot with chicken/auto-flask now, which was something recently requested. The auto-flask plugin is enabled by default. The chicken is not. As with any bot build, please test your settings and watch the bot carefully if you are using a character you cannot afford to lose due to a death. I have tested these changes in Hardcore and have not seen any issues, but everyone's mileage tends to vary. Some extra basic flasks have been added as well, but they have not been tested yet, but should work since the logic is based on Release's code. As with the other plugins, the source is provided for users to take a look at what is going on. :)

Also in this version, the plugin settings tab has changed. Before, all plugins were listed, so users could modify settings regardless if the plugin was enabled or not. This could lead to confusion, in cases such as chicken or flask logic, so the settings tab will only list enabled plugins from now on. Hopefully, this makes plugin configuration more intuitive, and there's no confusion if something is enabled or not.

4. tragopapas

tragopapas New Member

is there any ETA about the map farming yet? i am checking the forum for 4-5 months now and still havent a map farming ?

5. darkbluefirefly

darkbluefirefly Community Developer

Do it yourself, don't ask to be spoon fed. Add push to skype, try to code the plugin and ask him for help. He's really helpful. My bots are mapping.. the api is there, and it's pretty simple too...

6. pushedx

The current goal for map logic is before 1.2 is released, which is less than a month away now. Fully automatically map farming should be possible right now in Beta in terms of API support. I have a few examples of the logic piecies in ExampleBot if any devs wanted to play with it.

The reason why Beta doesn't have map logic we provide yet, is because most of the bot has been rewritten over the past 4-5 months, and things are still changing. :)

The whole purpose of this Beta rewrite is to setup the project so people can dev with it more easily, have it support more things than Release did, and overall require less dev work to maintain and add new functionality to compared to Release. I.e., when the new 4 month leagues are announced, and GGG has more crazy game mechanics we have to handle, we should be able to handle them more easily now than before.

As a result, adding new large features such as automatic map farming, since the bot does support map farming, you just have to handle the creation manually, gets pushed back, like boss farming and quests, because if we add those things too soon, and the core code has to change, we then have to rewrite it all again. Since dev time is a limited resource, and a lot of time has to go into general bot maintenance to keep it running, it's better for us to not add features to the bot we can't let users change or update to meet their needs.

So, when map logic is added sometime soon over the next few weeks, it won't be perfect, but it'll provide users enough to make the changes they need to it, as opposed to being stuck with whatever logic we otherwise would have in the bot, which users couldn't modify, and thus be stuck with.

7. darkbluefirefly

darkbluefirefly Community Developer

Hit the nail on the head there.
      This is why the bot doesn't crash every 10 minutes, and does things so well, abet missing functions to do certain things. But nerveless, great way of thinking towards developing for the long term.

8. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

Is there any way to add Trap logic support to ExilebuddyRoutine?

9. pushedx

Yeap, I'll be adding them soon, but you literally just look at how totems, auras, curses, etc.. are added and do the same exact thing. It's just a bunch of copy/paste work and adjusting a few things. Only difference is you check for IsTrap / TrapTag where applicable, and that's about it really.

10. Nixon233

Nixon233 New Member

Hey Pushedx! Been a way from the game and the botting scene for a little bit but I would just like to say thanks for putting in all the hard work you and the team! Was using EB and the developer has seem to given up on it really so I'm glad to see you and the team haven't!

11. pd9

pd9 New Member

I caught the bot in a back and forth loop flipping between take_corrupted_area and movement, is there some sort of way I can generate some logs or some sort of dump of the map to report?

12. pushedx

In the next version, some extra Poi tracking is being added so a StuckDetection plugin can try and identify those issues and help the bot recover rather than sitting there forever. In addition, the bot will have some position changing checks, so if it's in the same spot for too long, it'll be assumed to be stuck. The StuckDetection plugin won't be able to prevent all stucks at first, but it'll log info that will help track them so they can be detected. Time in instance will also be re-added as well, per this thread.

13. pushedx

Beta #854 was just built. This version fixes a few reported bugs and adds in support for being able to handle stuck issues into the bot finally. The StuckDetection plugin will eventually contain logic to help prevent the bot to get stuck. Before that logic can be added though, some commonly recurring stuck issues need to be identified and logged, to see if they can be detected.

For example, the combat<->explore stuck issue seems to be identified like so:
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers!
      When combat's FailedExecutions is equal to explore's TotalExecutionCount, it can be deduced that the bot is going from combat into explore over and over, as opposed to a non-patterned output where there is more combat or exploring being done. While not all stuck issues might be caught, most of them should be, as this is just a short term fix to handle the stuck issues that are caused by TspExplorer and a few Pois that need better logic (such as taking an area transition which doesn't open doors currently, or movement logic that doesn't break chests in the way that block the character, etc...)

Routine based stuck detection will be improved a bit as well. Right now it just does some simple checks to try and prevent the bot from getting stuck in cases where it used to. This logic does work, but it has some side effects of making some things not work correctly, like invulnerable allies and mobs with high evasion/dodge. It won't be possible to fix all those issues, but there are several aspects of it that will tried to be made better. For now, the logic is just to show the progress in trying to fix those old problems.

Additional logic to the CR did not make it into this version (traps, Flameblast, some other specialty ones), but we'll try to get those added soon. With the announcement of the new Merveil and Brutus fight, the planned boss farming bot will most likely need to be a bit more complex than before. The new Beta design was setup to be able to handle game changes like this though, so it'll just be a matter of coding in new logic specific to the fights (e.g., I don't expect you can just face tank the boss anymore, like you can't with Dominus).

14. thunder

thunder Member Legendary

the bot seems consider zombies as mobs and try to kill them

15. pushedx

I recently added minion logic to the routine and ran a summoner build to test it. I did not see that happening. Targeting also filters out non-enemy so this should not be happening (unless perhaps you are using your own targeting filters that do not do the same).

I just ran my summoner again, and everything looks to be working, so I'll need a lot more information about the issue you are seeing.

16. thunder

thunder Member Legendary

sorry, I was using the old routine.cs ;)

17. OneStopMMO

OneStopMMO New Member

there was a new patch last night, is it safe to bot again?

18. IeU

IeU Member

Yea, i think the same happens to me too.

Once the Zombies are up, EBuddy either cast spells (like Fireball) on the last location the Zombie was upped, tr it is trying to target the Zombies. I am not sure which one is true thou.

19. pushedx

I'll try to see if the summon thing can be smoothed out for you guys. I've not noticed it really myself, but any solution would most likely involve slowing things down more, to give the client time to update. Release performs some waits between doing things, and returns input errors, but I did not want to use that system for Beta, since it has a lot of issues. In short, no input method will be perfect with this game; everything will have some side effect or another.

Beta #857 was just built. This is the long awaited Item API update to be able to access item data outside of just mods. Users can now get the level of maps, weapon info, armor info, and shield info. A few things that might be missing will be added later once I can get some items to test with, such as the quantity on maps I think. "Corrupted" status is now supported, but "mirrored" is not in yet. I don't think it's a huge issue still not being in, but it'll be added when it can.

In addition, total damage and DPS info has been integrated in for easier item filtering. The Item Filter is not updated yet to take advantage of this new API, but doing so is on the todo list along with the other things people have been waiting patiently for a while now.

If you've read the Dev Tab guide, here's some code you can execute to test out the new API. Just place some stuff into your main inventory! I should mention, the GUI tooltips might not match exactly what you see calculated. I've noticed some inconsistencies in the client, so as long as it's "close enough", it's fine. if you come across anything that is really off, please report it.
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers!

20. tragopapas

tragopapas New Member

Why my antivirus found something on the last update? I cant finish the download (Win32:Evo-gen)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.