• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Fishing profile idea - viable?

Discussion in 'Fishing profiles' started by jungleslang, Nov 11, 2015.

1. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

This isn't really a request so much as a cool idea I had. I'd love to see it happen, but it seems like a potentially tough job at least on collecting all the data to use in scripts.

I've taken a little break from fishing leveling in favour of prepping for and working on 3.1 stuff, but I got up to about 30 between doing achievements for the zones and some straight up grind profile usage. While I was doing that, I took my first real look at the fishing log stuff. The fishing spots, the sightseeing log style record of all the different kinds of fish, etc. I thought it was pretty cool how it's so well documented in comparison to the gathering log.

This got me to wondering, am I the only completionist oriented type who would be really interested in a profile that basically visits every fishing spot and catches one of everything in the log? It's useful at least for the catching X different types of fish achievement and it'd just be nice to see the log complete.

Would that just be the biggest pain in the ass to come up with and not be worth it? And on a side note, has there ever been a similar profile done for the gathering log?

2. HB9508D64

HB9508D64 Member

Would be a huge pain in the ass to make. Something like that would be something you'd see for sale in the store in my opinion. I'm fine with moving my dude manually and running the stationary fishing rig when I need something specific or an achievement for a zone.

3. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

Yeah, I agree it'd probably have to be something sold to be worth doing. It just hit me as a really good idea and was kinda surprised nothing like this existed. Maybe if someone puts the idea to good use they'll be a pal and gimme a copy for the idea lmao

4. tichy

tichy Member

This is one of those things that could potentially be accomplished by crowdsourcing.... if you had 1 person to put the profile together and 5-6 people finding the hotspots you could probably get it done.