• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Gil farming - how good is this bot at it?

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by Drojdier, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Drojdier

Drojdier New Member

I've been reading a bit about the Rebornbuddy and was trying to find out if this bot is decent for the sole purpose of Gil farming (mostly via selling raw mats or crafted items ofc) but info on this is kinda scarce.

Can anyone share some rough numbers of the amount of Gil/day/bot they are able to pull off and how many hours per day it takes? Does it vary wildly from server to server? Is there a specific Disciple of War/Magic that complements the disciples of land in order to increase this revenue?

thanks a lot!

2. becto

becto Member

If your looking to farm Gil for RMT, then this is probably not the bot for you. This bot as a companion to the player for the game, to overcome some of the monotonous gameplay. You can, however, use this program to grind gathering items and sell on the market board to help you financially in-game, or mass gather quantities of resources for crafting. It will even help you grind mobs to spiritbind gear for Materia.

Soon crafting will be a feature in this bot as well, so you can level all of your Disciple of Hand jobs. Right now, you can level through fate grinding, and that works extremely well. New features have been added to the Order Bot to make automation that much easier. More and more features get added to this bot application each month, making the value outweigh the small price you pay for it.

This bot isn't for people who want to ruin the economy of the game, cause it wont do that. But if you're looking for a companion to your current gameplay, then this is a great bot to have.

3. Klacid

Klacid Member

To be honest a second or third rate bot will be able to make just as much money as Rebornbuddy -- not because Rebornbuddy lacks features but because the best way to get Gil from resources is via shard farming, which is probably SEs fault. But yes, Rebornbuddy can do it very well.

Why Shards are better than actual items:
      They are always in demand, highest turnover rate items.
      Reduces equipment durability extremely slowly -- less bot maintenance
      Doesn't take up inventory space -- again, less maintenance
      Higher level nodes give more than one shard per swing -- efficiency
      You can even just do shards naked and save on the repair bill too because they have 100% gather chance.

When I used to bot shards on my server I used to make 720,000 a day running probably on average 15 hours a day. You can probably make as much in solid assets with Snurbles and Fleece, but I ended up having a Retainer with all 175 slots filled with Fleece/Snurbles because they just don't sell as fast. With shards you can just undercut the lowest seller by 1 and you would have sold it as soon as you send out your retainer.

I don't do that anymore since I only did it to make capital, now I monopolize consumable markets (Market PvP) and make about 5 times as much money -- if I can be assed to do it, considering it takes personal time which a bot can't do. On the other hand I don't worry about gil anymore since I have 400+mil on a non-legacy server.

Also, yes, varies wildly server by server.
      Materia on mine is super cheap except for Det ones, so there isn;t any money to be made with Materia on mine. Maybe if you're on one of those servers with ridiculous Materia costs spriritbinding can be much more efficient. If you have a smartphone with LGE or HSPA+ I suiggest you grab teamViewer so you can see how your bot is doing and to unload your equipment, convert and equip new ones since RB has yet to have a Materia Convert feature.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    4. Drojdier

Drojdier New Member

While I will let the white-knight-botter attitude slide, I will have to say that any MMO whose economy can be ruined by a handful of bots, is in a very bad economical shape to begin with. FFXIV is far from it so "ruining the economy" is a bit of an overstatement to say the least.

@Klacid: thanks a ton for your input, that is exactly what I needed. While my answer is very short compared to yours (because there's really not much to add), rest assured that I truly appreciate the time and effort you took to share the info :D