• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [H - Grind] 79 - 83 Mt. Hyjal Twilight

Discussion in '70-80' started by live4gaming, Dec 12, 2010.

1. jacobhwrd

jacobhwrd New Member

running this profile now on an 81 pali with mostly AH greens getting 98k xp/hr. The problem with this like most of the profiles i have seen so far is that there are non hostile npcs fighting the mobs and HB will not take aggro from the npc since i guess it thinks its marked. Plus since your in combat you have to wait for the npc to finish teh kill ie 15 min for you to go out of combat and move on. For casters this might not be such a bad profile since one or two spells should take aggro and you wont be in the area of the other npc fighting and you will be out of combat. That is jsut what i think is going on with this. I have been running Groms profile to the south west and it will get the same problem just no where near as often. Since i started typing this post my xp/hr has dropped to 75k. Thanks for the post i will still try this on my lock when it is his turn to lvl and see if it works better. PS i am using the Ret CC that you recommended to another user.

2. slickshoez

slickshoez New Member

What he said. Every once in a while keeps me in combat for 10+ minutes.

3. Marre

Marre New Member

Yep, my pala is prot and its stuck whenever another npc is fighting the mob.

Sigh

4. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

I have seen it have problems with mobs fighting NPCs before but only when the mobs come under the target category of "actor" as they are literally just there for scenery and are of no questing/xp importance.

I will have a look when I get a chance to.

5. cromedogg33

cromedogg33 New Member

Getting 240xp a hour on 79 mage with AH cata greens, not bad/great. I assume when I get a few more pieces of gear my xp/hr will go up.

6. indianenvasion

indianenvasion New Member

I am about to start using this on a 80 Hunter, HB since level 1. Ill post more info later.

For all the people who say this profile sucks or is crappy Xp/hr, you should make your own, I understand that the OP wants feedback, but saying its shitty does nothing for him or the community. Please post more constructive criticism so people create/post more public profiles.

7. ipractice

ipractice New Member

385k on a level 79 retadin only in AH greens. Not looting mobs. Once I get my hands on some cata gear my xp/hr should soar! Excellent profile.

edit: About HB getting stuck on adds, try setting your CC to use it's AOE skill always. For example I have my pally do Consecration always (FPSware ret cc) and this usually grabs the adds around you without messing up your rotation mana/hp.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    8. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

I'd just like to add that if you want to gain as much XP as possible - you MUST turn off looting, it will speed things up a lot.

Anyone who's clocking up 400k/hr+ has looting switched off.

If you are worried about gold, don't be. At 85 GatherBuddy will make you more gold than you can shake a stick at.

Hans-peter likes this.
    9. Smaug

Smaug New Member

I loaded this on my 79 pala with no training since lvl 60 and total crap gear: lots of leather/mail, etc. didn't really care about it. Fortunately I could solo the elites that added occasionally thanks to heals and CC setup.
      I let it run afk for about 12 hours. It avaraged at 240 xp/h with only 20 deaths in all that time. When i came back after 12h it was 81.5 with almost all gear slots upgraded to ilvl 280+.
      I went training and bought gear for the remaining slots (to get 5% str bonus and decent cata starter gear).

I now get over 400 xp/h and decent cloth/green drops. Even around a stack of cinderbloom every hour as a bonus.

Very good profile! Recommended for characters at 79+. Flows almost flawlessly; i never had a profile I could afk for so long with less than 2 deaths per hour!
      Good work!

PS: If your toon doesn't attack mobs being tanked by an NPC try setting your pull method to taunt (HoR for Palas).

10. tankblack

tankblack New Member

best profile ever in this forum

11. Hans-peter

Hans-peter Member

Thanx for the Great Profile... +rep

12. weitt1

weitt1 New Member

So far its working great with my level 80 dk. Only issues im having is an occasional stuck ( but it self corrects within a few seconds ) and the countless Alliance players that just so happen to be near me

13. tastain

tastain New Member

runs ok , but for some reason after killing any mob with an aoe attack , my char just stands still after and doesnt attack anything , says im still in combat , anyone know how to change this ?

14. Vadosov

Vadosov New Member

started 78 frostmage (i'm changed profile min. level). Going 280k xp/hr with looting. Thank You for profile!

15. relalith

relalith New Member

+Rep for this, was a real nice profile from what I saw. I came down with a stomach bug and this baby helped me recover when I woke up with tons of Embersilk and a few levels under my belt. <3

16. majit

majit New Member

Awesome profile averaging over 800K xp/h on a Boomkin with Full 264/277 ICC25 gear

17. r2yneth

r2yneth New Member

Within over 2 hours, it got stuck 6 times at retarded spots and would not be able to get itself unstuck. One of the most common spots being 29.3X,28.4Y . Non-stop running against a mountain wall up to 4 times. I mean, how can this profile even drop down here 5+ times in the first place?

18. mniel0

mniel0 Member

good job at lying ;) 1 mil pr hour, dream on, and besides heirloom doesnt work after 80 noob...

19. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

I think you'll find there are 1-85 heirlooms available.

20. EagleEye91

EagleEye91 New Member

Working great on my lvl 81 Hunter, only greens from AH but have rested. Getting 1 mil + XP hr. Good job :)

+Rep

I will write what i get on lvl 82 without rested :)