• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: LazyRaider-- DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, Jul 4, 2011.

1. switchport

switchport New Member

First of all, let me thank you for this high quality bot you're been gracious enough to give to the community, if every project was held to the standards you put forth this would be a magical place.

Now, I was wondering, and I'm not quite sure its' Lazy Raider that is doing this, but it seems that while I'm using it while group loot, ie rolling, is active it auto rolls for gear. Not only does it roll, but it rolls super fast, like before the loot window comes up.

I was wondering if there was a way to disable this, or if it is actually a function of a different area of the program that I'm not seeing.

Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Herp derp, it was auto equip2, which continues make me crazy.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    2. Megser

Megser Well-Known Member

Tyvm. I'm too lazy to press all the buttons myself, hence, I'm a LazyRaider.

bobby53 likes this.
    3. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

It's been a long time since I've used Combat Bot so don't know at this point. I originally wrote LazyRaider (which was initially based upon Combat Bot) to provide tank selection and tank management (dealing with tank leaving a 5man group for example and a replacement joining for example) as well as being able to heal raids where the tank was not in my 5man group (Combat Bot only dealt with parties.) I raided with ShamWOW a lot so needed them, but if you don't need those things then there is no effective difference. Decided to share with others to make it easier for them regardless of their class and selfishly to make it easier for me to support those wanting to raid with ShamWOW.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

IvanRJ, Yes, thats correct. I know it can get somewhat confusing as to which component is doing what, but the simple version is:
      1. Non-combat movement: handled by the Bot
      2. Combat movement: handled by the CC
      Facing the target is combat movement, so is the responsibility of the Custom Class you are using and wouldn't be handled by LazyRaider regardless. However, since you are using LazyRaider the CC is responsible for disabling *all* movement. This includes facing. As a result, you'll need to make the character face the target manually. Note that it is more difficult to play a melee character than ranged regarding movement and positioning, which is true of WOW in general and not just LazyRaider users.

5. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

You are correct. It can be problematic when you forget, but I really like that it will roll for all Bots now especially when doing heroics. It definitely brings consistency to the loot decision making across the product. That's one of my favorite changes recently.

6. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Lawl... that makes 2 of us Megser!

Megser likes this.
    7. rhomb

rhomb New Member

I just want to take the time and thank you for this awesome bot. When I'm exhausted, don't feel like it or just plain drunk I start it, and heal my way through heroics :D

Will try tanking with it aswell, we'll see how that goes.

Anyway: Thanks a lot!

bobby53 likes this.
    8. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Well said, rhomb! +rep and thank you for the post!

rhomb likes this.
    9. wrarvoz

wrarvoz New Member

Just installed lazyraider and used shamwow CC. didn't change any settings, and it doesn't cast lightning bolt at 5 stacks of maelstrom, the stacks just sit there, is there a setting I might need to tweak to get this right?

10. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Please see the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE] for a template to copy for posting an issue/question and steps on attaching a complete debug log file. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

11. zomgmage

zomgmage Member

just wanted to say bobby... your a god. without lazy raider (I use for all classes) I would pretty much have no use for HB anymore.

They should pay you a fee and bundle this by default.

bobby53 likes this.
    12. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

zomgmage, Glad your finding it useful! Thanks for the post on your LazyRaider success +rep. Bobby53

13. topi4ek

topi4ek New Member

HB can cast AoE abilites in the target. Is it possible to do that with lazyraider? For example if im pressing keybind with hurricane and it casts in the current target.

14. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Selecting which spell to cast and actually casting it is handled by the Custom Class (aka "CC") and not by HonorBuddy or the Bot in use. So if your CC supports detecting a combat situation where its appropriate to use AoE and then casts it you will see it, otherwise you would have to cast it manually. Check with the CC author if your not familiar with its capabilties. Bobby53

15. kakaboeie

kakaboeie New Member

Hey bobby, I srsly love LazyRaider but I use it in a kind of " different" way. I use it in random dungeons for leveling on both my main account, and a RAF character to heal. On the main account everything works superb because I do all movement myself, and even the RAF healer with auto-follow on tank 10 yards has no real problems.

The only issue is that if a tank keeps on pulling, the healer will stop following. Like, once he's in combat he just stays put until combat is over after which he starts following again. This is problematic if a tank keeps on pulling before combat is over because the healer will fall behind alot and the tank will most probably die before he can say OMG U NOOB.

Now I know lazyraider is created with self-movement in mind so this behaviour is in no way to consider broken, but how hard do you reckon it would be to, in addition to " follow-tank X yards" , add a " maximum tank distance in combat x yards" option to LazyRaider? I could just set it to 40 yards, forcing the bot to get in range to the tank even when in combat.

I'd do it myself if I knew how, but sadly my programming knowledge is limited to visual basic and PHP, like most script kiddies ;D

16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

kakaboeie, Thank you very much for the post. Glad it is typically working well for you. I understand what you are requesting, but the lines of responsibility fall a little differently than that. The bot is responsible for movement and actions when not in combat, while the CC is responsible for movement and actions while in combat. If you disabled movement in your CC to work with LazyRaider (which is the more typical usage) just enable it and it should work fine. Thanks and good luck with your toons, Bobby53

17. kakaboeie

kakaboeie New Member

Thanks for the fast answer, I'll see if I can make some sense of the CC's code.

18. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Bobby,

I must congratulate you on by far the best addon to honorbuddy, this is now the sole reason i use honorbuddy. This thing just rocks and the paladin cc is just imba. I always laugh when people say to me "nice healing m8".

Keep up the good work and so looking forward to more additions.

Donate incoming.

Thanks
      Fish221171

bobby53 likes this.
    19. hi1674

hi1674 New Member

Would it be possible to have Lazyraider click release corpse when in BG ?

20. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

Thanks. This is on my list of things to evaluate with HB. Proud to see your hard work on this project!