• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • How to present a different IP/Mac & Windows Address for each WoW client you have open

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Vanhorne86, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

Hi I am going to very shortly start botting on a much larger scale and this presents me with a problem.

I need to be able to run 20 bots with 20 different IP address', 20 different mac addresses and if possible 20 different windows ID's.

Could anyone help me with how to do this please?

Thanks.

2. othm

othm New Member

20 different mac addresses and windows IDs is easily achieved by using a VM for each bot.. for 20 different *external* IP-addresses you need 20 different internet connections from several ISPs.. or ask your ISP if it can provide you with 20 IPs...

3. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

Yes I have heard of this VM ware can you suggest a product or supplier? Is it hard to setup?

4. theclash150

theclash150 Member

VMware is the company, Workstation, Player, and Fusion are the products. There is no need to use a VM as it only gives you a different IP address on your LAN as stated earlier. If anything, VMs are worse as they use your GPU resources less efficiently.

5. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

So what do you suggest?

Also if I simply had 20 different IP address' (external) wouldn't I still need the VM for different MAC and Windows address' so it looks like I am using different computers from 20 different locations?

6. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

WRONG!
      The main reason to use a VM is NOT to get a different IP. Its about Hardware-IDs.

7. theclash150

theclash150 Member

I've botted 4+ accounts on the same physical hardware without any VMs since the Glider days. VMs are a waste of time and computer resources.

8. mkay1337

mkay1337 New Member

well, some folks think that
      it depends on your personal opinion of having additional security layers around your accounts

IF you're doing serios hardcore botting, making 100k per day or more and you draw blizz' attention they MIGHT investigate your ip as well as your hardwareID and whatever information they also store
      sure, when running a low amount of bots its not wise to vm after all cause every vm needs additional mount of ram (i regret that it uses much gpu ressources, just make a winxp vm, works charming for me for multiple years)

So yeah, VMs are a great option if you decide to invest that additional money in a additional layer of security
      IF you dont care abount those accounts after all, well, go ahead, run them all on a single ip and single machine, you dont care if all of them MIGHT get banned, do you?

i have a saying: "It's a botters job to paranoid"

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    9. bl4ck

bl4ck Member

Agree.

10. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

I couldn't give a rats ass if they get banned every 30 days on average but they will be botting for 16 to 24 hours a day so I expect them to be banned what I don't want is a mass ban over 20 accounts at once! What I don't want is once one account is banned using an IP address that address is watched more closely because 20 accounts were banned on it.

In short knowing that I will be excessively botting, selling the gold off and have costed in losing the accounts into the money I receive from selling the gold to make it worthwhile.

What is the best setup definitively.

11. thedon19

thedon19 Member

Have a look into Virtual Private Networks (V P N) , that might suit what you are looking for.

12. Vanhorne86

Vanhorne86 New Member

From what I have learned about ***'s the address changes and Blizzard have lists of providers so can see that it is coming from a certain well known provider of ***'s or even know the IP address' used by the *** provider which are one and the same

13. bloodmarks

bloodmarks New Member

make your own V*P*N* with your own IP addresses, here you can buy 5 IPs for $9/month (im sure you can find even cheaper like $1/month/IP

https://www.fdcservers.net/order-1.php?plan_id=426

sorry about commercial link i am not sure if i am supposed to put them in forum, i am not in any way affiliated with them except being customer

14. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

Buy a vp$ or a dedicated server make sure ip's aren't used for botting and are fresh ip's then just set up a *** connection and you have your own *** server it's quite a bit more expensive but it's good.

A close second is a dedicated *** but unsure if they track those.

You could ask your isp for extra ip's but those will have to be justified and in alot of countries it's hard becouse of ip regulation.
      Unless you use ipv6 but unsure how that's gonna work with wow I know it supports it but i've never tried it.

15. stonestone

stonestone New Member

I don't know if this would work but I use amazon web services for work all the time and it's pretty awesome. And since you're asking what VM is who the provider is I think this will save you a bunch of headaches because if you want to run a bunch of VM's you'll probably want an ESX server.

Try this:
      Create an AWS (Amazon Web Services) account, go into their EC2 service create a windows server AMI (just amazon's term for Virtual machine) install wow and whatever else you want on it then save that AMI as your own, then you can nearly instantly spin up as many of those as you want. say you have 15 accounts. spin up 15 vms that already have wow installed ready to go.

if you wanted you could create a handful of instances in each region so you have a few clients in New Jersey, a few in portland, a few in L.A (I'm not sure if it's in LA but whatever) even a few over seas if you want.

I'm a software engineer not a network guy so someone will have to chime in but as far as cost and ease of setup go I don't think you'll find an easier solution for distributing your bots.

** read the prices carefully they range from free for a year to $1000+ a month if you needed a lot of resources**

16. mkay1337

mkay1337 New Member

i personally would stick to a commercial ... supplier.
      having your own server is a great burden and you are in charge of making sure the server runs, you're in charge to care about security, you're in charge for everything
      this needs time, no one pays you for the time you spend on this

i'm using multiple small ... providers, as they are not that well known as big ones like hidemyass and you have a good chance to get a clean ip
      i'm also buying these whenever there is a promotion going on, spending $9 per Month per Bot is something i dont want to afford - most of my ... were 1y promotions for less than $20

cheers

17. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

Do not forget that VMware costs money and each Windows system installed in a virtual machine need to be licensed too. Pretty expensive for a safety I do not really see.

18. thedon19

thedon19 Member

The Amazon WS mention wasn't a bad idea in terms of actual execution, though would quickly add up in price.

19. mkay1337

mkay1337 New Member

well, i never talked about "safety", more about "increasing the layer of security around eachs account from the perspective of ip-links / hwID Links"
      virtualBox's free - and there's VMware Player as well

20. bl4ck

bl4ck Member

But "increasing the layer of security around eachs account from the perspective of ip-links / hwID Links" = safety

Because other account are more secure = can't be investigated ip / hardware ID and whatever information.