• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Legionbuddy - Am i the only one who feels abit ripped off ?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by fragnot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. fabi229

fabi229 Member

Do some googleing dude... you're completely clueless

2. Snazzyjdawg

Snazzyjdawg New Member

While it's not a ripoff because nobody is forcing users to purchase legion buddy it is still not good news for vested hb users that have poured tons of money into paid CR's. Simple logic will tell you that devs are going to pour their focus on something that is going to be the most profitable - legion buddy crs - and have the tendency to neglect the less profitable, one time buy cr's - the old hb cr's. I can definitely see where they're coming from. So undoubltedly most CR's are going to lose a ton of support once legion buddy comes out.

However, when it comes to the pricing of legionbuddy I understand why a monthly subscription is 100% necessary. The fact is way less people play this game than when HB originally came out. The demand for HB initially was extremely high so the devs could afford to do the one time pay all model rather than subscription model. This time around however, there's way less demand for this type of bot because there's just way less people playing the game, hence the premium that legionbuddy will charge. The same pricing goes for purchasing dev CR's for legion buddy. The law of supply and demand works in opposite when it comes to software it seems because supply is always infinite E.G. once the software is made the supply becomes a constant.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    3. speshulk926

speshulk926 Community Developer

Rephrase... they haven't said it in years... If you bought a $25 product 6+ years ago and have used it, then you have gotten your money's worth. No sense in complaining about what someone said that long ago.

4. korpiklaani

korpiklaani Banned

Somebody close this thread already, it's a shit pile of shit.

5. Ferhal

Ferhal New Member

Is Millz going to make Rotations for all specs?

6. killthenoise131

killthenoise131 Member

Sorry, but I'm no develpoer, But with the help of a free addon. I researched and wrote all of my own rotations. For each class, and each spec within 5 days. not saying I'm any better at this than anyone else if anything, I'm saying it isnt that complicated to put together a rotation based on whats new and present on the net. And yes before all the butthurt and fanboys chime in. I love HB. I'ts helped me thru the game quite a bit since I Found it. But there are alternatives to the new software as far as rotations go. I personally just dont see buying a new boting program that can eventually get me banned, again. rather than use something that does the same thing for free and without breaking the ToS. Just my 2 cents. Let the Flames begin.....

7. speshulk926

speshulk926 Community Developer

He's already done this.

8. Azoth

Azoth Member

To extend on the S/D point, if Bossland could write the bot once and be done, they’d love that. The problem is that they need to constantly update the bot as new patches are released for WoW, as well as keep ahead of any detection Blizzard implements. That is an expense every month, but since lifetime keys were a one-time payment, at some point costs exceed revenues and the whole model collapses.

I understand the financial motivation for LegionBuddy, as well as many of the buddybots switching to subscription-only. Exilebuddy disabled their lifetime keys altogether (to be fair you're allowed to exchange them for a different buddy product), so at least that didn't happen here. While the reality of the situation is unfortunate, the last thing I want to see is for buddybots to go out of business. However, I prefer to think of LegionBuddy as what it is, a way for HB to stay afloat, with a method different from what Exilebuddy used; rather than some great new undetectable x64 bot.

9. gamer427

gamer427 Member

Well yeah, then dont buy a CR from a shitty developer - or make your own CR. Bossland provides the api afterall.

How long has it been since then? 6 years? 8years?

Eitherway, CR seems like a waste, especially at the initial price per month. I'd rather just do manual CR, might even just set up my own image recognition CR that doesn't read wow memory (would be a few ms slower).

10. Ferhal

Ferhal New Member

Awesome!

Btw, it could be awesome if we could get a trial for Legionbuddy :)

11. eyesopen

eyesopen Member

and hb ban will also continue

12. esbe1236

esbe1236 New Member

Just a quick question: I have several of tuanha rotations. Will these still work with the "old" HB, or do I have to buy legionbuddy?

Or is that up to the individual developer?

13. Day7

Day7 Member

there is going to be two sets of rotations; if you bought ones for HB they will still work on HB, but if you want to use them on LB it seems you will need to buy new ones that are made specifically for LB because it's different than HB, from what I've gathered

14. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

I really like that they make LeggionBuddy because i only use HB for raiding and nothing more, but the mayor problem is that they dont think make a lifetime key, only monthly charge

15. osirislives

osirislives Member

My big bone of contention is that we have asked for LegionBuddy for years, aka HB Lite. They spent every update saying we will not do this. Same thing with 64 bit. Now all of a sudden they make it, and lokky here, we are gonna add a monthly sub to it

16. SDO1

SDO1 New Member

yes

17. SDO1

SDO1 New Member

What does the same thing as a bot for free and doesn't break the TOS? Macro Keyboards break the TOS.

18. SDO1

SDO1 New Member

I believe Tuanha is working on updating all HB rotations according to other posts on the forums. Last I heard he was working on the Warrior rotation.

19. SDO1

SDO1 New Member

I honestly don't know if this is a problem yet or not...it all depends on what they charge a month which has not been published yet.

20. SDO1

SDO1 New Member

Yes I do agree with this also... We have asked for years and it was stated multiple times by multiple people that it wasn't going to happen. But over time life changes...and in 3 years will World of Warcraft Servers even be running?