• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. dilbog

dilbog Member

With some people saying that the standard rotation are getting better results I propose a bit of a experiment.

I have a weak aura that I use to help me gauge what spell's if any will help my get a bigger ignite and thus a better combustion I will post the string at the bottom of the thread. You need to have weak aura's 2.
      The string will change colours as different spells will help increase your ignite.
      Color Code

Currently there are 5 colors: Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple. These are listed in increasing Ignite tick size, using a color code akin to "severity levels".

Green: 1 tick of Ignite is smaller than the contribution from 1 Inferno Blast. This Ignite should be easily increasable by chaining Fireballs/Pyroblasts/Inferno Blasts.

Yellow: 1 tick of Ignite is smaller than the contribution from 1 non-crit Pyroblast. This Ignite should be further increasable by chaining Pyroblasts.

Orange: 1 tick of Ignite is smaller than the contribution from 1 average Pyroblast. This Ignite can only be further increased by critical-strike Pyroblasts.

Red: 1 tick of Ignite is smaller than the contribution from 1 crit Pyroblast. You have a chance to increase this Ignite if you are in point-blank range, your next Pyroblast is a crit with good multistrike luck, and it lands before a second tick happens. This color will sometimes appear due to trinket procs expiring.

Purple: 1 tick of Ignite is larger than the contribution of even a crit Pyroblast. The only spell expected to increase this further would be an unsplit crit Meteor that was casted earlier. This color is normally unachievable unless you use 2T17 double-spread Ignites. You should use Combustion and Inferno Blast as soon as possible.

What I would like is for you to use this weak aura and test the two rotations and compare them to how the routine is casting spells and report back along with what your general Ilvl and stats are.

WEAK AURA 2 String
      d0urpaGii1LOOu(efLQrrQCksvRck1RarmljHBru1UiL(fvjnmq6yKILrv4zectdePRbf12Gc5BeLyCuL4CuuY7Gc4EGW(Gc1bPOAHsI8qIkMiuqxuOInsr(iuKrsivNKOyLs4LesHzkuPBsiANGO(jrPAOeLYsjK8uiMQq5Qqj2kHu0xjKsoluGAUeL0Ej5VuvdgDyqTyQIEmunzjPllAZqYNPWOfQ60aRgkqEnvPMnLUTKA3u53emCjA5cEorMUuxxiBhkPVtuPXtrX5juRNqk18Le1(vR0OIPqakezCDgqbJNYQm4cojzfPmTwFtGq6lJdh4YaCNkejfIhA1OfQwpui1kKQkKQQykeucUgbiANkidPEOqQcKkTWIJLMPviMnCfcEKuluhlntRqqf5WBGGtN(5fZ5CAfWHTtGHd0PFdW9EcXukTjERtdMRyIfhOnpkaRdDdhmYgDft0Yy4aDIUIPdyRyIw0nxuI0ewIlA96XaZlMZ50kGdBNadhOt)0mLGG4jetP0M4TozPIjwCG28OaSo0nCWiB0vmrlJHd0j6kMoGTIjAr3CrjstyjUO1RhdCXCoNautGHd0PFdW9EELHy6a2zhF6UyoNZ5CoTc4W2jWWb60pK1WaN0eIPuhaodTOec1WTo0MnTAqHUIjWWb60pntjiiEk)etzhduN60RhdCXCoNZ5CAfWHTtGHd05eIjWWb60Vb4ERvl6PzMO1Qfy4aD6hYAyGt6I5CoNZ58I5CoNZ5uE5NinClDXCoNZ5CAfWHTtPY0A9lfKBgMqmXu2iLP1wjbxKegcxdBK6MIyQ)I5CoNZ50kGdBN4bqpHywdC6M6Wu2iLP1kNaOLt8Wo8uNi0pLFkc9tSNA0kIkMAGcDQ)I5CoNZ50kGdBN1WsDgepHyIPSfjSuNbXXbfQeV1P)I5CoNZ50kGdBNyndsWnWcAXtiMykB5iu7jClk4g4mQKGlss3uoIYx0moIcX8yYexzIHb7JHMlsZXuC8XqzhYXzQ)I5CoNZ50kGdBN1r2gi1bG35eIjMYwKr2gi1bG3zCqHkXBD6VyoNZ5CoVyoNZ5CoLx(jszATLcYndtCHefkaoiDT0fZ5CoNZPvah2olfhe8XfsuOMqm9qlK6HiUyoNZ5CoTc4W2jWtFCHefQjetnAHQXlxmNZ5CoNxmNZ5CoNYl)uobqpRcxdBKtpfCrsxmNZ5CoNwbCy7epaA)QW1Wg5eIPhAHEXCoNZ5CEXCoNZ5CkV8tzliGp9mcfkPlMZ5CoNtRaoSDwkoi4xgeWNqmHQ1dmFXCoNZ5CEXCoNZ5CkV8ZyW201Z6iBdkTGmiDXCoNZ5CAfWHTZ6iBdkTGmmHyQrl0lMZ5CoNtaQjwCG28OaSo0LwyXzaDft0IkYLtbutztqUzaT(zhF6UyoNZ5CoNZ5SoY2GslidtiM1r2guAbzyI9uJwny(I5CoNZ5mTsja1eloqBEuawh6slS4mGUIjAzC4WUodMDPPjRGCrRF2XNUlMZ5CoNZ5CoRJSnO0cYWeIzDKTbLwqgMyp1OvJhxmNZ5CoNPR6fZ5CoNZja1uhwCG2uK1cz46uh6goyKnA9tiGyIw2caPA4gGpLtqSudBrRFc7QoXId0Yb2zE3W4ERdDPfwCgqxXeDdhmYgT(zhF6UyoNZ5CoNZ5SoY2GslidtiM1r2guAbzyITgTI4I5CoNZ5mDvVyoNZ5CoVyoNZ5CoTc4W25SuCqWhy4aDoHykvMwRFPGCZWe7zP4GGpUqIc1eBDtntizQBI1mib3alOfp96uduOt9t9tSN6M1WsDgep96uduOt9tSN6MAGKPUzDKTbsDa4DoXEcvlgn96uduOt96Nyp1n1mHKzP4GGFzqaFQFI9SoY2GslidxmNZ5CoNwbCy7SuCqWhpaAFGHd05eIzP4GGpWWb6CI9epaA)QW1Wg5fZ5CoNZPvah2olfhe8HXQHpWWb6CcXSuCqWhy4aDoHKzP4GGpEa0(adhOZj2tDt8aONEDQbk0P(lMZ5CoNtRaoSDc80hy4aDoHykvMwRFPGCZWe7jWtFCHefQj2t8aO9RcxdBKtSN6MAMqYu3eRzqcUbwqlE61PgOqN6N6Nyp1nRHL6miE61PgOqN6Nyp1n1ajtDZ6iBdK6aW7CI9eQwmA61PgOqN61pXEwhzBqPfKHlMZ5CoNZlMZ5CoNZlMZ5CoNtaQjWWb60Vb4EpX4zP4GGpEa0(adhOZzhF6UyoNZ5CoNZ5mKDuWnrxzCtM8IxGc1Kj0A1cmCGoVyoNZ5CotRucqnbgoqN(na37jgplfhe8HXQHpWWb6C2XNUlMZ5CoNZ5CodzhfCt0vg3KjtMGcfku0A1cmCGoVyoNZ5CotRucqnbgoqN(na37jgplfhe8bgoqNZo(0DXCoNZ5CoNZzi7OGBIUY4MmzYeM9cuOO1Qfy4aDEXCoNZ5CMwPeGAcmCGo9BaU3tmEc80hy4aDo74t3fZ5CoNZ5CoNHSJcUj6kJBYKjtMmbfkATAbgoqNxmNZ5CoNPvkVyoNZ5CoNZ5mKDuWnrxzCtMGc1KjOqrRvlWWb68I5CoNZ5mDvVyoNZ0v9I0vvHiw2rHskBfKL3dOqviahO9XfQlTzNvvqwJcjKgabxmXLPcPtZ0ke4QvbnqWbB97aWWidsQyQwHGbfj1auIviIsgmj6XuiGQkezmCGoNIuWbAHGcPAkHRqWqXo4Aa(ugdhOZzhGX9g4mMDAMw7u0ka6oDtpfpfneQRHNcOMMNbqoLTe2B5XcIcrUGQD8ktMfuOyKzHzzbJWip8IiGIzZYdfk5XSiuiOeCTcjUapZaCdeCteyNKcXfvhlammYGKcYAuiXNaJ4BLjifZqfHSilEbsHIzr4fivJz5HcL8y2dfIvaUQkMcjsk9DjwZGYtfsdBtxRIPqQJSnqft1QwHGBHLKuXuisaNHnviI0CmfhvRqQcqHcGhzBXQykK6iBduXuTQvibbBQIPqQJSnqft1QwHejL(sLjUQskePYexftHibCg2ubzpuTcjaJNQykK6iBduXuTQvirsPpUfwssvjvRq6aWWidQykKqwRqGQqeKRt2DwXQkPqCW1PKkMcYAuiYy4aDQAfcEKulu7hpOAQqAqDwvHif5zI101irOqbmJcXhdnxKMJP4OqKktRfYW1PcrgdhOtfIKquapJCGwH0WbJSvijwtxRqKJqTNW9mUcgkKQPNrOqftCzQqeDZfLinHL4QqIKsFPY0AHmCDQ8uHejL(scrb8mYbALNkKqwl7LzaUfckemgcfsKlXA6AfsdQZQkKihOvinCWiBfsKukQSwvjvRAfcSkMcrgdhOtfImUodOGXtzvgCbNKSIuMwRVjqi9LXHdCzaUtvRqWQcYAGup0OALca

I am not the creator of this weak aura it was taken from a post on altered time forums.

2. 1glide

1glide Member

Dilbog I will test this out tonight.

I have 2 logs I need to post when I get home from work. I did H Maidens last night, once fight with Advanced PVE rotation and one without. I have a /stopcasting /cast pyroblast macro for when I get my 4pc proc and I noticed that with the Advanced PVE Rotation my macro does not seem to work, where as when I dont use that rotation I can use my pyro macro everytime I get a free pyroblast.

3. kandd

kandd New Member

6.2 Changes. Will this affect the combustion trick?

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Armor Sets

Tier-17 2-piece set bonus for Fire Mages has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Inferno Blast by 2 seconds.

4. dilbog

dilbog Member

Thanks, I have some spare time so I am going to test aswell.
      So far from what I can tell there are some factors that seem to be affecting both standard and advanced but more advanced, the settings above my 90th if you have a bad start or bad rng then the routine takes that bad start and it's used as a basline
      until the routine is restarted or at least thats how I think it got explaned to me correct me if I am wrong please. eg: my standard combustion during first minute is 21-28k and I dont mind waiting for it as say I am really lucky a 28k combustion is 3 million damage from one combustion and thats huge but with 90th percentile active with 21k set for first minute it will combust about 15k, sometimes the rotation queue acts in my favour and by the time the rotation casts I get higher but thats maybe once a week rest of the time is lower again or misses.

I am not sure what the above my average is ment to do or how it works so I dont touch it my testing it showed no improvement and the above my average +x targets is a bit messy and I am unsure if it includes the first minute, Millz if you could let me know it would be great.

Gear seems to play a big part of the advanced rotation aswell, It doesnt matter what gear you have but I have found 35% crit or there abouts is a must to help the routine get that pyro chain going and 900 haste then dump the rest into mastery. I see mages playing fire with no crit gear and tons of mastery wondering why they cannot a pyro chain because the guides say go mastery for cleave fights.

Lastly I found so far that having the correct setting for combustion is the most important thing the advanced rotation seems to like to work for it's combustion and if that ignite value is set high enough it will do it's best to build it, And then if there is a bad rng run use a stop casting macro to manually cast combustion. Playing fire requires you to be a bit of a gambler to get the best from it even more with a routine.

At least the tier 17 2pc is getting changed so we wont be holding onto it making things a bit more simple for us and frost buffs might make it competitive again which I am hoping for so I can forget this fire stuff but we will have to wait closer to the time until the final buffs/nerfs are in and the siming can be done. Is the frost pve rotation working well atm?

5. dilbog

dilbog Member

Yup we will dump it now in new tier instead of keeping it.

6. dilbog

dilbog Member

In fire with pc selected and set to only use on x number or adds will it hold combustion aswell? Or will it hold the pc until combustion is available?
      I did'nt see any fire options in there for it.

7. 1glide

1glide Member

dilbog, i cant get it to work, gives me some error, can you pm me the link on altered-tme?

8. pastmage

pastmage New Member

In Furnace Mythic your routine bugged with the adds = the people seen that the mage cast/stopcast every 0,5 sec = report = ban

9. dilbog

dilbog Member

10. klb2948

klb2948 Member

Hi I am trying out fire for BRF. Sitting at 644 w/ 30.10% crit and no tier bonus. what are the appropriate settings for combustion/ignite?

11. 1glide

1glide Member

I wouldnt go fire until you have atleast 2pc tier bonus. also I would aim to be around 35% crit self buffed before yo go to fire

12. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

The routine can cast on any unit, regardless of what you're targeting. It's just scanning all units to find the best one, and using that.

Yep, it removes the ignite trick. It was an unintended behaviour anyway.

Average just keeps track of every unique ignite value that you've had since HB was loaded. If the tracker has less than 5 values registered, and you've been in combat for less than 10 seconds, it waits until it's 'learned' some more values before allowing the combust. It's never going to be perfect, it's just slightly easier to setup for people.

The only fire specific PC condition is to not cast PC if we don't have pyroblast! aura active (i.e. so it casts PC then pyroblast). They aren't tied together (PC + Combustion).

13. dilbog

dilbog Member

Welcome back Millz.
      Hope you had a great honeymoon :)

For Fire and PC it makes it quiet hard to line them up, I tried using a combination of hotkey cooldowns and burst but they dont seem to like each other. Is this a bug or intended? Might be quiet handy to use a mixture of both for better control.
      For arcane do you think you could change the tier arcane missiles proc from being used asap? I Know when you first implemented it the theory was to use it regardless of AC but this has not been the case for quiet a while now, you just want to camp it until four AC unless you have 3 proc's in which case you would spend one.

thanks

14. Millz

It was brilliant thanks. Just struggling to get back to reality now!

I didn't make PC and Comb linked as you mostly want combustion to be used at the very specific time due to ignite.

Yeah I can change AM usage in the next build. Got quite a few changes, just need to get it all tested - probably be tomorrow before I get the time to check it all over though.

- [Fire] Improvements to Inferno Blast usage.
      - [Fire] Fixed some minor bugs related to Meteor/Combustion usage.
      - [Fire] Combustion when Meteor talented should now react faster.
      - [Fire] Change to prevent hard casting Pyroblast with 4PC set bonus.
      - [Arcane] Added debugging for time to death burn phase calculation.
      - [Arcane] Removed force cast AM on Arcane Instability.
      - Fixed auto focus.
      - Updated default PvE/PvP files. These aren't optimal for every fight - just generalised settings to use in any situation.
      - Manual cast pause is now using a better, more reliable coroutine method.
      - Fixed don't cast on Damage Shield aura, and added Hardened Slag aura.

15. dilbog

dilbog Member

If you want me to test for you shoot me a pm I'm off this week so have spare time.

EDIT* This was ment for Millz post but clicked the wrong one DuHhhh

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    16. jds

jds New Member

Hey Millz is it possible to make it so the overlay remembers the position you left it at when you closed the bot. Its a pain to keep having to move the thing as it covers things i don't want covered.

17. Millz

Much appreciated. PM'd :)

I'll take a look at it. It'll be possible just not certain how.

18. 1glide

1glide Member

noticed a few things with the latest build.

Combustion is being used before meteor hits the ground. (95% of the time it combusts then does meteor)

I occasionaly also noticed a random pause in the rotation and it would not attack for about 5-10 seconds.(prime example 8036 2015 log - go to time [04:05:06.642] there is a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

attached is logs

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    19. Millz

Yeah that error isn't great. I didn't encounter it during testing so presume it's specific to certain bosses and the terrain/mesh they're sitting on. Looks like it's Meteor having the issue. I'll look into it.

Combustion/Meteor - Yeah I noticed this one, but wasn't worth delaying the new build over. I need to optimize that a bit.

Cheers

20. roguespa

roguespa New Member

Hi Millz I bought in the past, one year ago the portal routine but I dont know how to download it again, I had to format the pc and I forget to save the folder,
      Thx in advance!